ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

Bloody hell.. I never thought I would be pleased to see the Pikeys win. We just need to win away at OT tomorrow and hopefully the Gooners will slip up as well.

12 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

odds shortening on Ajax after this :laugh2:

Do I treat myself to an Ajax shirt and go to the pub on Tuesday to watch them play Spurs. Then wait to see how long it is before I'm thrown out.

1 hour ago, carrickblue said:

to give Liverpool a 5 day break before playing Barca, that's why

Like we got the 5 day break against them in 2012 because those c**ts refused to play on the day of the 96? We were forced to play Spurs in a Semi Final, Barcelona in a Semi Final and Liverpool away in a week. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Its like the teams fighting for top 4 don't actually want it.

I have to disagree - there are no easy matches in the EPL - this isn't France or Spain where the Top sides just walk all over the rest of the competition - remember when Chelsea last won the League? The Title race was over when Spurs lost to West Ham.  West Ham is a bogey side vs spurs & it is a London Derby - London sides always nick points off of each other - IMHO that makes London Derbies the most interesting matches in the World - I am still amazed how many sides are in London - this fact makes London a special place in the footie world

utd had a blazing start to games against barcelona and city. they were unlucky no to take their chances. those games could have gone in different directions if they scored first. they played some good quick football before wilted. I really don't see us win tomorrow especialy if kante is not fit for the game.

1 hour ago, robdog said:

I have to disagree - there are no easy matches in the EPL - this isn't France or Spain where the Top sides just walk all over the rest of the competition - remember when Chelsea last won the League? The Title race was over when Spurs lost to West Ham.  West Ham is a bogey side vs spurs & it is a London Derby - London sides always nick points off of each other - IMHO that makes London Derbies the most interesting matches in the World - I am still amazed how many sides are in London - this fact makes London a special place in the footie world

We're going to finish as the best team in London, this year, based on London derby results .... http://www.myfootballfacts.co.uk/stats/premier-league-by-season/premier-league-2018-19/premier-league-london-derbies-season-2018-19/

4 hours ago, The Brit said:

Greatest manager we have ever seen has lost 12 league games now this season...

Third place and 12 losses, there's a lot of dross in this league this year. 

30 minutes ago, robdog said:

I gather this lil' tidbit from the link @Sexyfootball provided us

a club is considered to be in London if it is located inside the M25 London Orbital Motorway.

But surely they could also include up the M1, M6, down the M5, along the M4 and back to the M25 then we would have a lot more London derbys..

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Its like the teams fighting for top 4 don't actually want it.

When you get two teams recording over 90pts and the rest at least 20 behind you have to question how good the rest are.