ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

Just now, charierre said:

Third place and 12 losses, there's a lot of dross in this league this year. 

I was thinking exactly the same thing .... beggars belief that you can lose a third of your games, and still be sat in 3rd ... some will say it is evidence of a competitive league, but for me it just shows that the teams battling for 3rd to 6th are not at the same level as previous years ...

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing .... beggars belief that you can lose a third of your games, and still be sat in 3rd ... some will say it is evidence of a competitive league, but for me it just shows that the teams battling for 3rd to 6th are not at the same level as previous years ...

My thoughts too, there are only the same amount of points to play for per year, City and Liverpool have strolled this year. They are good sides but you have to question the quality of the rest.

City and Pool have established top managers that have carefully built sides to win the league and it shows.

Us, Utd and Arsenal all have new managers and are rebuilding or re-inventing.

Spurs took a gamble on new stadium and not reinvesting in players and look like they are running out of puff due to fixture congestion just now.

None of this is really rocket science though who comes 3rd and 4th is going to be unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, charierre said:

My thoughts too, there are only the same amount of points to play for per year, City and Liverpool have strolled this year. They are good sides but you have to question the quality of the rest.

don't forget that lolpool got the benefit of some offside goals too - they should have more losses than they do - The one that comes to mind was that West Ham game where The Hammers outplayed them & lolpool scored on a goal that shouldn't have counted

3 hours ago, charierre said:

When you get two teams recording over 90pts and the rest at least 20 behind you have to question how good the rest are.

Well there's certainly one thing for sure, if City and Liverpool are going to continue this race next year having set new standards to win this league, any other teams including us, are going to be just fighting for European spots....is this league changing to mirroring La Liga, Serie A, etc....making the league a two team race, sure seems like it to me.  I just don't see the rest of us being able to catch up for a number years, regardless of how much money you throw at bringing in players, City will always have more and improve each year...It will definitely be interesting to watch next season if the same two teams start running away with it. 

40 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Well there's certainly one thing for sure, if City and Liverpool are going to continue this race next year having set new standards to win this league, any other teams including us, are going to be just fighting for European spots....is this league changing to mirroring La Liga, Serie A, etc....making the league a two team race, sure seems like it to me.  I just don't see the rest of us being able to catch up for a number years, regardless of how much money you throw at bringing in players, City will always have more and improve each year...It will definitely be interesting to watch next season if the same two teams start running away with it. 

Let's not go too far. This thing goes in cycles. 

We won the league two seasons ago and Leicester won before that. Neither were fancied. Next season is unwritten. 

57 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

It's always been a two horse race though, it's rarely ever a 3 or 4 horse race. The only thing that changes are the two teams going for the title.

Liverpool fans are getting desperate, they are pinning their hope on Ashley Barnes this weekend, who's supposed to be a Liverpool fan, even f* Klopp got in the act. Burnley is safe, doubt they will play like lives on the line against City, who's a level above us unfortunately, should win it easy, and kick Barnes in the nuts if it's not too much to ask.

Neymar has been caught on camera "punching" a fan after PSG lost the Coupe de France final to Rennes on penalties (PSG were 2-0 up after 20 minutes, Mbappé was sent off in extra time):

That Tilemman is a good player, could use another Belgian here.

If we don't get the 4th spot, if we don't, it's criminal and everyone involved should have a week of pay deducted. 2 Teams want to win the title, 3 teams desperately not wanting the 4th spot. Maybe it's the play off for group stage that scares everyone:biggrin:

What a mad season. We could almost guarantee top 4 with a win today and still have 2 games left.

Shows how bad the others have been, they're worse than us for having no players who will fight.

Plus we're favourites to win the Europa League. Its not all bad.

34 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

wide open and and comedy of errors

this is  the complete opposite of the title race this season