ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

My take is this, I do not want Liverpool to win the Premier league, I think that is the one their fans really, really want. They have won the CL fairly recently and while it would be a great, and if I'm fair fitting end to their season, I suspect most of them would, if given the choice, take winning the Prem over the CL.

My nightmare scenario is Liverpool winning the title and Spurs winning the CL.

As has been pointed out, this would give Spurs a massive financial boost along with their new stadium, also I still want us to be the only London club that has won it. So I reluctantly would have to plump for the Scousers in the CL, and hope that both sets of fans disgrace themselves, and both managers have a punch up on the touchline, and get their clubs banned from Europe the following season.

Childish moi?

7 minutes ago, SHELLY said:

My take is this, I do not want Liverpool to win the Premier league, I think that is the one their fans really, really want. They have won the CL fairly recently and while it would be a great, and if I'm fair fitting end to their season, I suspect most of them would, if given the choice, take winning the Prem over the CL.

My nightmare scenario is Liverpool winning the title and Spurs winning the CL.

As has been pointed out, this would give Spurs a massive financial boost along with their new stadium, also I still want us to be the only London club that has won it. So I reluctantly would have to plump for the Scousers in the CL, and hope that both sets of fans disgrace themselves, and both managers have a punch up on the touchline, and get their clubs banned from Europe the following season.

Childish moi?

Nailed it.

I think once the dust has settled a full and thorough investigation needs to take place on how the hell this situation had been allowed to happen.

11 hours ago, Zeta said:

These things go in cycles. We had our period where we were a force, reaching CL semis and finals and even winning it. Teams like Spurs looked on with envy then. Now we have faded and their time has come. Maybe our time will come again, maybe not, but that's life. No use getting upset about what others achieve, we can only look to improve ourselves.

Very philosophical and mature young sir!

Liverpool winning the CL wouldn't bother me too much just as long as City win the league. I shudder at the thought of Liverpool doing the League and CL double.

Tottenham really have no business being in the CL final. It's like if Michael Bay was nominated for an oscar, it's an absolute travesty.

The biggest victims here though are the people of Madrid, who will see their fine city invaded by tens of thousands of scousers and spuds on the 1st of June. Nobody deserves that.

The final will be hard to stomach, but with the epl as competitive as it is, we have to accept it was going to happen and probably will again in the future. Every game is a battle in this league, nothing is given, you don't see the depth of strength in any other league, And it seems to be producing battle hardened teams, coached by the the best managers on the planet. Maybe the top players will start to want to be part of it instead of just looking to Spain?

3 minutes ago, coco said:

The final will be hard to stomach, but with the epl as competitive as it is, we have to accept it was going to happen and probably will again in the future. Every game is a battle in this league, nothing is given, you don't see the depth of strength in any other league, And it seems to be producing battle hardened teams, coached by the the best managers on the planet. Maybe the top players will start to want to be part of it instead of just looking to Spain?

But will that include us though. We are nowhere near City and Liverpool when in comes to desirability. 

12 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

But will that include us though. We are nowhere near City and Liverpool when in comes to desirability. 

I was having a slight dig at Eden.

1 minute ago, Old Shaggy said:

Fair enough

probably clutching at straws but i was thinking he may change his mind and want to stay in the best league in the world.

1 minute ago, coco said:

probably clutching at straws but i was thinking he may change his mind and want to stay in the best league in the world.

As is always said "it ain't over unitil the yadda yadda yadda"

he still might stay. All the media rollex is just that.... Rollex.

No idea why Hazard would want to go and be part of the current Real Madrid train wreck ... Ronaldo has all their records sewn up so he'll probably never be able to establish himself as a club "legend", whereas another 5 years at CFC, and you'd think he'd be close to Lampard's scoring record. Is the lure of "working with Zidane" really that strong ? They always say you should never meet your heros, let alone work with them ...

30 minutes ago, coco said:

I have to do no such thing, not when it's Scousers and Spuds :angry037:

No, coco, no!

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I have to do no such thing, not when it's Scousers and Spuds :angry037:

No, coco, no!

Im here to spread cheer...We did it first, first all English CL final, first London champions of Europe. ZERO premier league titles between them. And don't forget one of them is going to finish trophy less again.

7 minutes ago, coco said:

Im here to spread cheer...We did it first, first all English CL final, first London champions of Europe. ZERO premier league titles between them. And don't forget one of them is going to finish trophy less again.

Too soon...try again in - let's say - 3 years.

Lets be honest. Another english team was going to win the UCL eventually. Was only a matter of time. Need to endure these hard times. 

Posted (edited)

Fancy football counted for nothing, until your defenders could win the high ball or defend cross. Ajax was cruising until Spurs went direct, just like Barca the night before, they had no idea how to deal with long ball and crossing. At least one of Spurs and Liverpool will lose in the final. We have seen this quite a few times in CL, a team just got out of death  time and time , just destined to win the damn thing. Looked back how f* Spurs got our of their group on the back of Inter's f* up, Aguero's penalty miss, hand ball and  last minute disallowed goal in the same game, and last second winner last night. I hate to say it, but it looked it one of those..

Edited by icecoolguy22

4 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Tottenham Hotspur.

The only possible team that could make me want Liverpool to win the European Cup.

You’re not being serious are you? What about Arsenal?

3 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

You’re not being serious are you? What about Arsenal?

That wouldn't bother me nearly as much as Spurs winning it.

Best case scenario now is  City win the league, Liverpool win CL and we win EL. 

Worst case is Pool win league, Spurs win CL and Arsenal win EL. 

Second worst case is Pool double and Arsenal win EL.

If the first option happens I’ll be quite happy about the end of the season. Sure Pool winning CL isn’t ideal but 5 to 6 CL is no biggie.

Liverpool will play like rabid animals in the final once Klopp shows them their runners up medal from last year in the dressing room. Spurs no chance. I expect it to be really physical too with tackles flying in and maybe a red card or two. 

I will only keep up with footy for any transfer news during the summer. Cant bear listening to Liverpool being praised for 3 months on end.