ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

I dislike spuds faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than bin dippers, but just imagine they slip again, not once but twice just before the finish line

:Troll_Face:

Edited by mojo

I think the other way. Fool are easily the big favourites for this one and with that the added pressure. Remember they got 97 points and were only beaten by the 98 of City for their first premiership title so I see this as being a double fail.

2 hours ago, Boyne said:

In years to come, how many will remember how close Liverpool came? Although, I suspect the ex-Liverpool players on Sky, BT Sport, the BBC and in several papers will like to remind us.

I’m pretty sure we’ll remind them plenty enough!

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Watch the FA dock City two points...

11 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Well one of us will be wrong and that is what makes it so fascinating.

That’s the awful thing about this final. Is there no way we can both be wrong. Divine intervention!!!

Watching Liverpool on MOTD makes me embarrassed with how bad our crossing has been this season. How many goals must they score that way?

4 hours ago, enigma said:

He's going to Inter

Inter and Juventus are massive rivals.

I'll believe it when I see it. 

6 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Guys, did anyone know Liverpool got 97 points this season? Just mention it on MOTD; why is nobody running with this?

Nope, the media have been very slow in reacting to this.:smile:

Glad City won the title, rather than Liverpool.

Though Liverpool were given some hope  when Brighton were leading, only to see it go when City equalised and then went ahead to win.

14 hours ago, carrickblue said:

According to Klopp this was the first time they had tried to win the Premier League - apparently every other year they were just p*ssing about. 

I just read that, I was thinking “what the hell were they doing in his other seasons there then?

14 hours ago, JoeyN said:

???

20 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Strange. 

Not sure what else he was expected to achieve? With a couple of attacking signings he could improve that side, defensively they're not too bad already. 

No idea who they bring in who is a better coach than Hughton. 

Still, Hughton will walk into another job, he's a good manager with a good track record in management. 

Sacking Hughton was IMO a 50/50 proposition.

On the one hand, I don't rate Brighton's side all that highly. On paper IMO they were good for around 16th place. 

On the other hand, he finished with a dismal 3 wins in 23 and had no idea how to actually get anything out of his attackers (except Glenn Murray). For example, Jahanbakhsh was an inside forward at AZ but Hughton used him as a winger, which nullified much of his goal threat. Also, he contributed to buying players that apparently didn't really suit his style of play (Locadia). It seemed that Brighton were slowly declining and he might well have relegated them had he stayed for the next season. 

I love how the media and pundits are hell bent on the 97 points and how the 2 goal line decisions decided the title yet completely overlook the fact City beat Liverpool and should've in all likelihood done the double over them.

Looking back I think that was the main turning point in the title race

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

I love how the media and pundits are hell bent on the 97 points and how the 2 goal line decisions decided the title yet completely overlook the fact City beat Liverpool and should've in all likelihood done the double over them.

Looking back I think that was the main turning point in the title race

I can think of quite a few decisions that went Liverpool's way, I'm sure the media won't mention this as they like to go with the "best runners up ever" narrative.

VAR might actually effect Liverpool the most next season, Salah diving for penalties, offsides not being given etc...

Edited by 2211