Jump to content


ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

You guys are going a bit too fast with City gonna dominate England for the next century stuff, of course they have a ton of money and one of the greatest manager of all time but things can change very QUICKLY in sports. They still havent won the Champions league (didnt even get to the semis yet) and they didnt look that great in the PL in the past 2 months scratching results left and right (it took a Vincent Kompany worldie to win them the title).

Man U are still gonna spend a lot of money they just need to get their sh*t togheter and fire Woodward , Arsenal i have no hope since Kroenke wont spend a dime but if they get some great defenders and a good midfielder they should be able to at least challenge them. Spurs gonna spend with their new stadium and they have great core of young players, if they can avoid big losses like eriksen or kane they will challenge for the title. Wolves with their super Agent Jorge Mendes will get better as well so are Leicester who is a well run club. Im not gonna comment on Chelsea because i dont know what we are doing half the time.

Dont give up guys its the first treble in the PL HISTORY (on the mens side), they first time a club wins back to back title since ManU 10 years ago.

You guys dont want City to dominate England but you dont want Spurs or Liverpool to win it either so you can't have everything you our way...someone said in this thread not long ago that sports run in cycles and i completely agree and it sucks now because our time seems to be ending and we are entering the City/Liverpool one for a while.

I think Leicester will improve next season too, don't think they will make top 4 yet will be knocking on the door, so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

You guys are going a bit too fast with City gonna dominate England for the next century stuff, of course they have a ton of money and one of the greatest manager of all time but things can change very QUICKLY in sports. They still havent won the Champions league (didnt even get to the semis yet) and they didnt look that great in the PL in the past 2 months scratching results left and right (it took a Vincent Kompany worldie to win them the title).

Man U are still gonna spend a lot of money they just need to get their sh*t togheter and fire Woodward , Arsenal i have no hope since Kroenke wont spend a dime but if they get some great defenders and a good midfielder they should be able to at least challenge them. Spurs gonna spend with their new stadium and they have great core of young players, if they can avoid big losses like eriksen or kane they will challenge for the title. Wolves with their super Agent Jorge Mendes will get better as well so are Leicester who is a well run club. Im not gonna comment on Chelsea because i dont know what we are doing half the time.

Dont give up guys its the first treble in the PL HISTORY (on the mens side), the first time a club wins back to back title since ManU 10 years ago.

You guys dont want City to dominate England but you dont want Spurs or Liverpool to win it either so you can't have everything our way...someone said in this thread not long ago that sports run in cycles and i completely agree and it sucks now because our time seems to be ending and we are entering the City/Liverpool one for a while.

Spot on. Over the years I've seen some great teams in the making. Some dominated for a short period others prolonged. Some won many honours others never quite reached the heights expected. The point is football throughout the ages has been cyclic. Great teams have come and gone, who foresaw that when the Liverpool domination ended that they would be still looking for a title 29yrs later in the same way they used to mock United  in the 80s before their period of dominance. City will enjoy this period but other great teams will follow and take their crown. That's football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City will find it harder each season to motivate themselves, especially domestically, so i don't see them dominating the league for as long as utd did for over 20 years. I can't see Pep staying in the country more than 5 years.

I remember John Motson saying after we beat Everton 5-0 in Nov 2016 (win number 6 in the straight 14 win record) that was "the best performance I've ever seen in the history of the Premier League." People were saying we would dominate the league for some time. :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For me, it's the way City are winning that is concerning. 100 points last season was insane, that is something you see in a video game, not real life, and then the next season they get 98 points. Both of these seasons they got 32 wins, you just can't compete with that. My worry is that this is going to be the standard set by them for years to come. Liverpool played a Premier League winning season this season, but they still lost, I can't see them or any other team managing that consistently. If City were winning without destroying English football records, I would just see this as phase, but their position in English football is something I have never seen before and something I don't think the rest of the country is capable of stopping.

The only way I see things changing is when Guardiola decides to leave and if City get in the wrong man to replace him.

Edited by Scott Harris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First cup final I have switched off before half-time...you knew it was over once city went in front...they've tonked watford several times before and you just knew watford would fold if they fell behind. A dismal advert for the English game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only difference between us and City is the people running the club - the scouts, the board. With better personnel on board here we wouldn’t be so far back. We have the resources here, we have just not used them correctly the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

The only difference between us and City is the people running the club - the scouts, the board. With better personnel on board here we wouldn’t be so far back. We have the resources here, we have just not used them correctly the last few years.

TBF I think a lot of it is to do with reining in our spending re complying with the FFP rulings. 

Remember the talk of Sandro under Conte we wouldn't pay over £60m.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do realy hope that next year with all that new fancy palyers zidane crash&burns big time. and jose takes over real again

:Troll_Face:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

TBF I think a lot of it is to do with reining in our spending re complying with the FFP rulings. 

Remember the talk of Sandro under Conte we wouldn't pay over £60m.............

But we were happy to spend 72m on a keeper, and the money we flushed down the toilet on Drinkwater and Bakayoko? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah 2 or 3 big money signing are not fixing Madrid. They have been and are abysmal since they lost Ronaldo who lets face it carried that team for years.

Modric is what 33/34 now, Kroos hasn’t been anything like he used to be and in his 30s too. Ramos 32/33 is probably their best player. It’s an ageing side with the younger players not good enough to get to that next level.

Hazard is making a big gamble because with the recruitment Barca are making bringing in the best young talent in Europe plus Griezmann to play off Messi is going to be too much for a average Madrid side with Hazard thrown in.

Might be his dream move and dream manager but that team is in turmoil 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

But we were happy to spend 72m on a keeper, and the money we flushed down the toilet on Drinkwater and Bakayoko? 🤔

Probably the most promising keepers available who signed a ridiculously long deal and has proven to be an upgrade on the w**ker he replaced. Kepa was a long term signing worth investing in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojo said:

I do realy hope that next year with all that new fancy palyers zidane crash&burns big time. and jose takes over real again

:Troll_Face:

There’s rumours Zidane is going to Juve as his relationship with Pérez has apparently soured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Munkworth said:

Probably the most promising keepers available who signed a ridiculously long deal and has proven to be an upgrade on the w**ker he replaced. Kepa was a long term signing worth investing in. 

Not my point though was it?  I was replying to somebody who said we were reigning in spending due to FFP. We are prepared to spend when we see fit, but we have wasted money on sh*te too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue Exile said:

Not my point though was it?  I was replying to somebody who said we were reigning in spending due to FFP. We are prepared to spend when we see fit, but we have wasted money on sh*te too.

But investing big money in something seen as a long term investment fits in to good financial planning and FFP. So yes, we will spend big when it makes sense financially. 

Granted we will also spunk stupid money on pure sh*te because we wouldn’t be Chelsea if we acted in a sane, rational manner at all times :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Yeah 2 or 3 big money signing are not fixing Madrid. They have been and are abysmal since they lost Ronaldo who lets face it carried that team for years.

Modric is what 33/34 now, Kroos hasn’t been anything like he used to be and in his 30s too. Ramos 32/33 is probably their best player. It’s an ageing side with the younger players not good enough to get to that next level.

Hazard is making a big gamble because with the recruitment Barca are making bringing in the best young talent in Europe plus Griezmann to play off Messi is going to be too much for a average Madrid side with Hazard thrown in.

Might be his dream move and dream manager but that team is in turmoil 

I suspect Hazard will not only be their only signing, think they will make three and Pogba and Eriksen have been mentioned as possible signings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, luckywerthers said:

united

ManU seems to go after younger players from what ive seen and they have to pay Alexis Sanchez, i cant see them paying another guy that much money.

37 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Kinda feel like Zidane’s getting a bit personal there and comes across a douche. Bale was instrumental in his three Champions League wins you’d think he’d be more respectful.

I agree but apparently Bale hasnt helped himself as well, he hasnt learn spanish , plays golf all the time, doesnt hang out with teammates and hes always injured so i can why Zidane is kind of fed up , he wants players who will fight for the Madrid badge and Bale seems uninterested in the past couple of seasons.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

ManU seems to go after younger players from what ive seen and they have to pay Alexis Sanchez, i cant see them paying another guy that much money.

I agree but apparently Bale hasnt helped himself as well, he hasnt learn spanish , plays golf all the time, doesnt hang out with teammates and hes always injured so i can why Zidane is kind of fed up , he wants players who will fight for the Madrid badge and Bale seems uninterested in the past couple of seasons.

They playershe picks are not exactly fighting for the jersey though are they? They have been abysmal since he came back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

They playershe picks are not exactly fighting for the jersey though are they? They have been abysmal since he came back 

Well Zidane rotated the team every game, wanted to see what the academy players look like and i think all the seniors players kind of gave up when they secured a Champions league place. You got players like Marcelo, Modric, Bale , Varane and Asensio who are rumored to go elsewhere.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Well Zidane rotated the team every game, wanted to see what the academy players look like and i think all the seniors players kind of gave up when they secured a Champions league place. You got players like Marcelo, Modric, Bale , Varane and Asensio who are rumored to go elsewhere.

If they sell all of them they have a youth team with a few marquee signings which would be horrific and idiotic. of course that won’t happen. 

Ronaldo was they key for Madrid, he brought the best out of his teammates and his influence was incredible so much so that his departure alone saw the side plummet to desperate levels.

Hazard, Pogba and whoever else are not changing that IMO. The fans are ruthless and they hounded Bale...kicked his car spat at him booed him and that was after CL wins and CL final goals. Madrid are going through a complete rebuild and it’s possibly the worst ever time to have joined them in recent memory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...