ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

11 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

All I'm saying is that they had a similar start in 2016, and couldn't keep  it up.  Why would you expect it to be any different this season?  

And back-to-back championship titles ain't nothing special -  you might recall that we did it in 2004/05, and  2005/06.

Just be a bit less arse-crawly about them until the end of the season when we see how it all plays out. It leaves a bad taste on a Chelsea forum to read people creaming their Levis over another team.

Ewww. Just...ewww.

30 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

And back-to-back championship titles ain't nothing special

Actually - it is. the last back-to-back was 2009 - that makes almost a decade. Also, 2016 is not a great example, cuz they were where we are right now. So if you are using this as a warning shot, it's towards us, not them.  third, it's not even their second season when they are hungry because of the drougth in the coach's first season. they are still hungry and they are still winning, which is admirable, because, just as I said, back-to-back hasn't happened for 10 years. Last but not least - they went through 3 out of the 4th toughest games for the year with 7 points(unlucky, because they deserved 9), without their best player. there is no speculation here, that's just the story of the seasons. And it's impressive. 

Sarri is 100 % right to praise Guardiola. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

31 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

How Spurs haven't been fined for their stadium fiasco is beyond me. 

We're rolling into November and there's still no word on when they expect the stadium to be ready. Never known anything like it. Joke club. 

And they dare to call us rent boys :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

3 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

this team is scary AF. 3 months without their best player, going away at the second, fourth and fifth best team in the league within, all the hype of the world, all the support of the media to the dippers, and yet, it looks so easy to them.. damn, we stand no chance, neither do the dippers. 

THats what a good coach with unlimited Cash can bring you.......they are exactly where there must be thanks to that.

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

All I'm saying is that they had a similar start in 2016, and couldn't keep  it up.  Why would you expect it to be any different this season?  

And back-to-back championship titles ain't nothing special -  you might recall that we did it in 2004/05, and  2005/06.

Just be a bit less arse-crawly about them until the end of the season when we see how it all plays out. It leaves a bad taste on a Chelsea forum to read people creaming their Levis over another team.

2016 was his first season and he didnt have the defence he has now.......pep added alot of players since 2016. Of course they can still fail but if forced I'll put my Cash on them winning again.

2 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Actually - it is. the last back-to-back was 2009 - that makes almost a decade. Also, 2016 is not a great example, cuz they were where we are right now. So if you are using this as a warning shot, it's towards us, not them.  third, it's not even their second season when they are hungry because of the drougth in the coach's first season. they are still hungry and they are still winning, which is admirable, because, just as I said, back-to-back hasn't happened for 10 years. Last but not least - they went through 3 out of the 4th toughest games for the year with 7 points(unlucky, because they deserved 9), without their best player. there is no speculation here, that's just the story of the seasons. And it's impressive. 

Sarri is 100 % right to praise Guardiola. 

And they haven't achieved it YET. And making excuses about that being a bad example is just silly.

So 7 out of 12 points,  then?  Just over half of the available points.  And you treat them like the new messiah of football.

They are NOT the messiah, they are just naughty boys.

It is WAY too early in the season to be so fawning and obsequious over a rival.  I expect that you are a football fan who happens to follow Chelsea.  I am a Chelsea fan who doesn't give a rat's about any other team.  They are all sh*te, every one of them. 

Make a note and we'll carry this discussion on in May, when we know how all the teams have performed over a full season, not in just the first two months.

Edited by yorkleyblue

6 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

KDB was more important to  them than what is Hazard to us right now. And when they are doing so freaking great without him,it's again Guardiola's work that deserves to be applauded, not the Silvas being better than him. 

Have to disagree with that. Hazard is the best player in the league and easily the stand-out player in our team. Usually, when he is missing, we don't look anything like as threatening (which was why I was so happily surprised at how comfortably beat Burnley without him - although Burnley are sh*te). Hopefully the signs are there that we won't be as reliant on Hazard in future, although against stronger opposition, I wouldn't want him missing.

KDB is just one of a list of may talented players in the City squad. Sure he's a great player but when you can still call on plenty of other options, there is no way you can conclude that he is more important to City than Hazard to CFC. That said, as strong as City's squad is, I still think they can be got at and it will be a LOT closer than last season.

8 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

this team is scary AF. 3 months without their best player, going away at the second, fourth and fifth best team in the league within, all the hype of the world, all the support of the media to the dippers, and yet, it looks so easy to them.. damn, we stand no chance, neither do the dippers. 

It's this type of thinking that has stopped teams going after City. In the Champions League, they aren't anywhere near as good, maybe because teams don't fear them so much. The Premier League needs to get it's act together, they are a good team, but they aren't that great, get in their faces a bit more, make it hard for them. It's like watching La Liga in City's Premier League games, barely any teams actually make it difficult for them.

This City team aren't as good as any Premier League winning team from 2000-2010, this City team wouldn't win a single league title in that period. The league was tougher and the top teams were better. I'm bored of watching City's games now because you can see the defeatist attitude from the opposition as soon as the game begins.

English football has a reputation for being competitive, but if you only watched City's games, people would be struggling to understand why it's got that reputation. The only team outside of the top 6 that has tried to stop City is Wolves, and they got a point against them. 

12 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Yes, but everybody knows that this period is going to be an exception for us(at least in Sarri's first season in England) and for the Liverpool.  While City was supposed to have exceptional amount of bad results for their standards too, but none of this happened. Can't lie, with the toughest games in the fixtures already played, in their second season, they deserve to be praised. We've never seen consistency like this since Ferguson and even he couldn't double the title against way worse competition in his final seasons. 

I'm not discrediting any of Sarri's and Chelsea's accomplishments, it's just City that being impressive and me - pointing it out. What's your problem with that, still a mystery to me.

KDB was more important to  them than what is Hazard to us right now. And when they are doing so freaking great without him,it's again Guardiola's work that deserves to be applauded, not the Silvas being better than him. 

You're joking right? This is the worst possible argument you could make for KDB in a KDB V Hazard argument, KDB has had far more luxuries at City than Hazard has ever had at Chelsea, he's carried us for years and pretty much won us the title in 2015. 

If you were even to argue that KDB is slightly less ginger than Hazard that would have been a more convincing argument than saying KDB is a more important player. 

Edited by Slojo

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It's this type of thinking that has stopped teams going after City. In the Champions League, they aren't anywhere near as good, maybe because teams don't fear them so much. The Premier League needs to get it's act together, they are a good team, but they aren't that great, get in their faces a bit more, make it hard for them. It's like watching La Liga in City's Premier League games, barely any teams actually make it difficult for them.

This City team aren't as good as any Premier League winning team from 2000-2010, this City team wouldn't win a single league title in that period. The league was tougher and the top teams were better. I'm bored of watching City's games now because you can see the defeatist attitude from the opposition as soon as the game begins.

English football has a reputation for being competitive, but if you only watched City's games, people would be struggling to understand why it's got that reputation. The only team outside of the top 6 that has tried to stop City is Wolves, and they got a point against them. 

That era you mentioned saw English teams regularly reach cl finals as well as compete for the title...city have reached one semi in 10 years of spunking the biggest ever transfer budget ever seen on these shores on players...citeh are obviosuly very good but still not great.

1 hour ago, mojo said:

how is this even possible not to be seen by 2 refs!? f**king cheat

giphy.gif

EPL is getting worse and worse.......how is it possible that every season is worse than the last and yet we hear nothing, its literally bent as f**k this League.

On 30/10/2018 at 18:57, Scott Harris said:

English football has a reputation for being competitive, 

100 years ago.

Now, its a game for millionares.

On 31/10/2018 at 15:09, atomis said:

EPL is getting worse and worse.......how is it possible that every season is worse than the last and yet we hear nothing, its literally bent as f**k this League.

imagine if that was our player!

on MOTD they said: ''yes that's a clear hanball and refs should have spotted it.'' but of course not that this is f**king cheating that lead to the goal.

minutes later they slashed willian for diving (not a 100% dive for me) and they kept yacking about it for minutes.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:28, carrickblue said:

TV scheduling can be really silly at times. Spurs are away at West Ham on Wednesday night. I know it's the League Cup but still, that's daft.  

Absolutely ridiculous

Correction = Spurs absolutely ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, mojo said:

imagine if that was our player!

on MOTD they said: ''yes that's a clear hanball and refs should have spotted it.'' but of course not that this is f**king cheating that lead to the goal.

minutes later they slashed willian for diving (not a 100% dive for me) and they kept yacking about it for minutes.

Yeah I saw that mate......Shearer said thats cheating and he should be banned........any kind Words like that for Laca? Even though they got a goal from it? Not a god damn thing. Its a joke.....a horrible one at that.

In other news sterling just agreed to a new 300K a week deal......football has lost its soul. A clusterf**k it has become. Absolute joke for hard working people.

15 minutes ago, atomis said:

.....football has lost its soul. A clusterf**k it has become. Absolute joke for hard working people.

It's an aspect of globalisation all the money to the chosen few where most others struggle on a pittance.

5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It's an aspect of globalisation all the money to the chosen few where most others struggle on a pittance.

For sure......but in football though? He is 23.......bullets were flying past my head when I was 23 and here he is on 300k a week, me and you will not see that kind of Cash ever. But its ok, hes Eng, improving etc....so he deserves it, or so the city fans claim. Are you half decent at running and kicking a ball? 55M please.......can score a couple here and there? 350K a week please.......horrible stuff.

7 minutes ago, atomis said:

For sure......but in football though? He is 23.......bullets were flying past my head when I was 23 and here he is on 300k a week, me and you will not see that kind of Cash ever. But its ok, hes Eng, improving etc....so he deserves it, or so the city fans claim. Are you half decent at running and kicking a ball? 55M please.......can score a couple here and there? 350K a week please.......horrible stuff.

I don't blame the stars necessarily and many do good things for charity.

Let's face it young chaps with little experience in the world being influenced by wheeler dealers realising after a while that some fans idolise them and opposition fans detest then and even some of their own fans when their performances are not up to scratch.  Many will be caught up in that bubble of enjoying success and not seeing the bigger picture. Some will come unstuck with women, gambling, drugs, injury and it will all be downhill from there. 

There are of course exceptions yet we often don't hear about them as the papers prefer the stories that shock or demonise and see these as increasing sales and not so much the charity work.

14 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I don't blame the stars necessarily and many do good things for charity.

Let's face it young chaps with little experience in the world being influenced by wheeler dealers realising after a while that some fans idolise them and opposition fans detest then and even some of their own fans when their performances are not up to scratch.  Many will be caught up in that bubble of enjoying success and not seeing the bigger picture. Some will come unstuck with women, gambling, drugs, injury and it will all be downhill from there. 

There are of course exceptions yet we often don't hear about them as the papers prefer the stories that shock or demonise and see these as increasing sales and not so much the charity work.

I can give you that.....but the overall setup is highly flawed. I love it when certain players give alot to charity etc.....like Drogba. Its not the players necessaraly im talking about, its the people behind the garden, agents etc.......the sh*t is way out there and its only going up at a rapid pace regarding sales and wages.........pogba's agent got 20M just to get him to utd........I mean WTF.

1 hour ago, atomis said:

I can give you that.....but the overall setup is highly flawed. I love it when certain players give alot to charity etc.....like Drogba. Its not the players necessaraly im talking about, its the people behind the garden, agents etc.......the sh*t is way out there and its only going up at a rapid pace regarding sales and wages.........pogba's agent got 20M just to get him to utd........I mean WTF.

Good points.