Aleksandr Golovin

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

17 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

Seems like we could have used Golovin. RLC needs another loan as it's unfair to make a player of his potential sit on the bench most weeks, then we don't have any attacking box-to-box player to compete with Barkley.

I disagree. Ruben needs to stay with us if we're to have any hope of keeping him. Another loan and he's as good as gone. Now's his time. He'll get his chances and when he does it's up to him to prove himself.

5 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

I disagree. Ruben needs to stay with us if we're to have any hope of keeping him. Another loan and he's as good as gone. Now's his time. He'll get his chances and when he does it's up to him to prove himself.

He's not getting in ahead of Kante or Jorginho so that leaves one spot to fight Barkley, indeed Bakayoko/Fabregas also for.

Not happening.

7 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

He's not getting in ahead of Kante or Jorginho so that leaves one spot to fight Barkley, indeed Bakayoko/Fabregas also for.

Not happening.

Even if Bakayoko is still here, I fancy Ruben's chances against him. If Sarri plays a 433 I think Ruben will get ample game-time. 3 midfield spots and only 4 other decent midfielders, along with him. It's a long, hard season.

Golovin choses Monaco over Chelsea, as they convince him over their project and game time. #CFC want another midfielder, but they have Jorginho added to an already crowded midfield 

Truth is, it’s good news for RLC and Barkley who we really do need to step up this year and make an impact. 

I honestly don't care about Golovin. He looks like he has a lot of energy, but i don't think he's really all that much better than we already have, which is saying something because i don't rate Bakayoko or Drinkwater at all.

I would be happy for us not to sign anymore midfielders. What i really want is for us to sell Drinkwater, one of Willian or Pedro and spend that money on a new RW.

That would be so short-sighted by us its crazy......there are none guarantees Barkley will fly....what if he get injured Again......or doesnt do well when the actual sh*t Begins?
Fabregas will still be the first choice in that position, and he has more than one back up in Barkley and RLC. Personally, I won't be worried if any of the backups get injured.

Drinkwater will eventually be Jorginho's backup. Our starting midfielders will be Fabregas with Barkley as his backup, Jorginho with Drinkwater as backup, and Kante with Bakayoko as backup. I think Sarri is a big fan of Fabregas.

With RLC, Barkley and mount (next year) we are set. Baka backs up Kante and cesc backs up Jorginho.
We have plenty in Golovin’s position so actually very glad this one didn’t happen. We need more English players.
Sell drinkwater though as he doesn’t really fit unless Baka goes.

11 hours ago, Snedger said:

Golovin going to Monaco must be a dodged bullet as I read on here earlier that he’s not as good as Barkley.

10 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Where did the comparison arrive from, and is it just an assumption?

I can't find it now but, it was a statistical comparison of minutes played and goals scored etc.

Personally I can't see it but, there are loads on here who seem to rate Ross Barkley as a future Lampard/Pirlo/Essien or something. In fact there are a lot of posters here who believe that Jorghino is more than enough for last seasons squad to make up 30 points on Man City. I admire their optimism and I hope they are right. And right now it looks like the club agrees with them.