Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Liverpool away, and Tottenham home and away in the League Cup is far from an easy run.

Derby and Bournemouth at home, a game against Liverpool which lets be honest if you win it's the greatest comp and if you lose no one cares, abit like the competition as a whole. Forest and Sheff Wed at home before the Utd game. Let's not even get into the Europa league games, the teams have been terrible in it. The stats are still pointless because it includes all comps, might as well throw in friendlies while we are there. I find stats pointless all round tbh, I'm sure City was actually creating a chance in the games Pep was managing.

20 minutes ago, enigma said:

Pep also had a better team player for player who were coming from an offensive system and a season with less competiton at the time.

I mean a squad with Y.Toure, Aguero, KDB, Sane, Sterling, Zabaleta, Kompany, Jesus, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Navas, Kolarov, Otamendi, Gundogan is far from average. 

What's that to do with adding all competitions to the stats? People seem to forget its alot more than stats, or still fighting for top 4 or being in a cup final. We have been f**king terrible for a good while now, the football isn't good to watch and the manager has shown no tactical nouse to change anything. All the manager has shown is stubbornness, fair enough you stick to how you want to play but at least show you can tweak things here and there to try and get results and performances back on track. It's ok though because we are still fighting for top 4 after surrendering an 11 point lead.

5 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Derby and Bournemouth at home, a game against Liverpool which lets be honest if you win it's the greatest comp and if you lose no one cares, abit like the competition as a whole. Forest and Sheff Wed at home before the Utd game. Let's not even get into the Europa league games, the teams have been terrible in it. The stats are still pointless because it includes all comps, might as well throw in friendlies while we are there. I find stats pointless all round tbh, I'm sure City was actually creating a chance in the games Pep was managing.

It still does not hide from the facts, that Liverpool, Tottenham and to some extent another PL team is not an easy cup run. 

31 minutes ago, Argo said:

Can anyone who's so anti Jorginho answer this.

If he's so bad, why do most opposition managers base their entire game plans when playing Chelsea around stopping him? 

I'm not anti-Jorginho but in answer to your question. 

It became apparent quite early on that Jorginho was being used as the starting the point for most of our attacks, mark him out of the game things start falling apart quite quickly. You're then looking to the two centre backs to play quite risky passes. 

By focusing on just one player opposition sides have been able to destablise Sarri's formation. Interesting bit of info came out of the FA cup loss. Man United's use of a midfield diamond has meant that every team in the top six, bar Liverpool, has switched to this formation against Chelsea and won from it.

5 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

It still does not hide from the facts, that Liverpool, Tottenham and to some extent another PL team is not an easy cup run. 

Facts are including tonight 12 out of 16 fixtures have been relatively easy which bumps the stats up. Yeah you have to win them but it cant be ignored. It's like assist stats when someone passes the ball 2 yards and the other players smacks it in the top corner it counts as an assist, you just need to look at things in greater detail.

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

Facts are including tonight 12 out of 16 fixtures have been relatively easy which bumps the stats up. Yeah you have to win them but it cant be ignored. It's like assist stats when someone passes the ball 2 yards and the other players smacks it in the top corner it counts as an assist, you just need to look at things in greater detail.

Alright mate. I give up. Liverpool and Tottenham are easy games. You are 100% correct.

42 minutes ago, Argo said:

If he's so bad, why do most opposition managers base their entire game plans when playing Chelsea around stopping him? 

Is physically weak and slow which makes him easy to bypass. I'm guessing the systems relies on him being the main outlet for the other players, if that option is gone then it can be easier to intercept the ball, get past Jorginho and you only have Luiz and Rudiger to deal with.

4 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

What I realise is that you claim we had an easy League Cup run, which included Liverpool, Tottenham twice and another PL team. :laugh2:  

And after your League Cup statement everything else is white 

You do realise the semi final stage is when most clubs take the competition serious, it's one of those comps if you win it then it's another trophy and if another club wins it well it's only the league cup. Just need to look at the lineups. 12 easy games out of 16 would boost your stats.

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

You do realise the semi final stage is when most clubs take the competition serious, it's one of those comps if you win it then it's another trophy and if another club wins it well it's only the league cup. Just need to look at the lineups. 12 easy games out of 16 would boost your stats.

Now you are just trying to put a different spin on the ridiculous comment you made that we had an easy League Cup run, which included Liverpool, Tottenham twice and another PL team.

And my final comments on this........What is pointless is trying to discuss with someone who makes the statement that Liverpool and Tottenham are easy games. So for arguments sake, you are 100% right mate. Cheers enjoy your day. 

Just now, Osgood is Good said:

Now you are just trying to put a different spin on the ridiculous comment you made that we had an easy League Cup run, which included Liverpool, Tottenham twice and another PL team.

And my final comments on this........What is pointless is trying to discuss with someone who makes the statement that Liverpool and Tottenham are easy games. So for arguments sake, you are 100% right mate. Cheers enjoy your day. 

Lovely jubbly 

4 minutes ago, coco said:

Why is it when someone posts evidence Sarri and Pep or Klopp and Sarri had similar first seasons, it's ridiculed. But those same people compare Sarri to Conte or compare Sarri to AVB. :laugh2:

They do say comparisons are odious @coco

But we're all going around in circles. You and a number of others still seem to be in support of Sarri and fair play to you. I would still love for him to come good and then I'll happily eat that humble pie. But I'm not getting caught up in comparisons and I'm not basing my opinions on meaningless stats, be it win percentages, possession or whatever. I'm just going by what I am seeing with my own eyes and how despite one poor performance followed by another and another, Sarri is burying his head in the sand like an ostrich and carrying on regardless. If he was showing ANY sign that he was learning from his mistakes and tweeking & improving things then I would show a bit more patience but that isn't happening and everything he says and does just adds strength to the view that he just isn't up to it.

6 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

52739772_10211692358618777_2685624165217

Much different competitions played, and I don't think Sarri is going to get the money to spend that Pep got to take the team where he wanted it....... do you?

14 hours ago, Wearyourblue said:

he's world class in speed of touch, short passes, movement off the ball, and directing/coaching on the field.

he needs a better long ball, and he could defend bettter for his role.  Our midfield has very good peices but don't really match our forwards.  Kovacic, Jorginho, and Kante all have a lot of class... but are all missing the big game, long shots, long passes and winning headers.  Sometimes it's not that one guy hurts us, it's we're missing some pieces that we must have.

I'm not trying to take the piss, but any of the player who have marked Jorginho since November would likely spit their milk out in laughter if they read this.  Delle Alli looked like he was half arsed pressing Jorginho, but at the same time he looked like Essien did against Gerrard in the 2009 CL simply because it was Jorginho that half arsed effort was against.

3 hours ago, Argo said:

.....literally because he is the weakest link.  He is slow, he is weak, he is extremely easy to dispossess and everything has to go through him with our current setup.  Plus once you get the ball off of him it's usually a pretty clear route to the goal with maybe a CB to beat...... You don't target the opposition where they are strongest, you go for where they are weakest.....

and I'm not so anti-Jorginho, but I am anti-repeating failure over and over.  Jorginho can clearly play ball in a system that suits him, but right now this isn't it and one of the reasons is because possession is not enough "defense" in this league even when you have the system down, and especially when you don't.  Seriously, when the f**k has possession won Arsenal a title in the past 2 decades?  

When I think of possession teams I think really of two of Pep's teams, Barcelona and City........ both had defensive astute players where Jorginho is....very very astute defensive players to the point that you'd mention this ability over their passing abilities..... almost like even Pep knew you can't completely sacrifice defensive cover for the CB in the pursuit of a possession based style.....and we of all people should know you don't need much possession to win the game, particularly in this league... in fact really just a few key seconds, and our current setup with such a liability in front of the CB's is all too obliging in providing those seconds even to the lowest quality of opposition.

The formation needs to change to accommodate Jorginho, or Jorginho needs to change (which includes using another player) to accommodate the formation in the BPL..... otherwise it's just more of the same. 

Edit: TL:DR?  If he is so good, then why are so many opposition managers getting such joy from simply targeting Jorginho?  Hazard gets way more special treatment than Jorginho ever has, but his class prevails more often than not.

Edited by Barry Bridges

12 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Hard to leave aside passing give it is central to his role. I could have made the same argument about Cesc.

As I said he is a system player. The system isn't working so neither is he.

Jorginho would shine in the City setup, just like he did in the Napoli setup last season. 

I'm pretty critical of Jorginho this season because defensively he is offering absolutely nothing, he's a passenger at the moment. But at the start of the season before he was getting man marked to death, he was excellent. 

49 minutes ago, Stim said:

Dunno why you bother. Club won't confirm or deny anything so its free internet real estate to just write x is in line for the job to fill line quotas. Easy column inches

Here's a little story about media bull sh*t. 

I remember on Twitter there was this fake news page called Forest Echo News, it was full of fake journalists but popular ones that would spread fake news for the craic, one of the most popular ones called Simon Rowntree. Well During the EURO's in 2016 they tweeted that David De Gea got sent home from the Spanish squad for a sleeping with an underaged girl. That was just some random dick head on twitter tweeting rubbish, it got a few thousand RT's then the next thing, The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Mirror well all running with the same story with "sources tell us", and when they found out it was total bollocks and some troll account that made it up, they deleted it. 

Since then I've never trusted the media, I genuinely believe most of it is utter tripe and made up nonsense, anyone can just say "my sources tell me" and most of it is plagiarised from other news anyway. 

The Sarri is being replaced narrative by insert whatever is going to be the new narrative for the coming weeks, and every week we'll hear about how he's going to get sacked after insert game, I pay absolutely no mind to it. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Jorginho would shine in the City setup, just like he did in the Napoli setup last season. 

I'm pretty critical of Jorginho this season because defensively he is offering absolutely nothing, he's a passenger at the moment. But at the start of the season before he was getting man marked to death, he was excellent. 

Jorginho wouldn’t be playing at the base of City’s midfield absolutely no chance. Pep understands the benefits of a disruptive player in that position.

11 hours ago, just said:

You mentioned short "passes" I asked for two things other passing.

World class speed of touch and movement off the ball. No, I don't think so. Might have looked that in Italy, a slower tempo less intense league, but certainly not seeing it here. In fact his lack of quick movement is one of the major factors in him being unable to deal with the close, man to man, press.

He isn't world class in anything IMO. Fabregas in his prime was.

He plays much quicker than Fabregas... Fabregas plays the killer pass as well as anyone I've ever seen

3 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

Edit: TL:DR?  If he is so good, then why are so many opposition managers getting such joy from simply targeting Jorginho?  Hazard gets way more special treatment than Jorginho ever has, but his class prevails more often than not.

Are they targeting Jorginho because he's poor? or are they targeting Jorginho, because we are poor playing around him? I think it's the latter, early in the year, our movement through Jorginho was a lot of over/ unders, since teams have played him, our movement is side to side.