cRyptic

Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

12 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

How have the board handicapped Sari?

For real? It isnt obvious? Forget Sarii, they handicapped the team.

1 hour ago, robdog said:

Today is da gaffer's B-day

Happy Birthday!

By coincidence, it is also Mason Mounts birthday today - exactly 40 years his junior at 20. Maybe they can have a joint birthday party and Sarri can tell him how he will be a key part of our midfield next season? 

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Happy Birthday!

By coincidence, it is also Mason Mounts birthday today - exactly 40 years his junior at 20. Maybe they can have a joint birthday party and Sarri can tell him how he will be a key part of our midfield next season? 

If I know Don Maurizio, he will tell Mount to keep working & his time will eventually come

There's something of a 'cup team' in the Chelsea DNA going way back. We turn up for the big ones, viz Liverpool, City, and the other night but then make heavy weather of matches against Palace, Leicester etc. Methinks it will ever be thus.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

By only spending £120m on 2 players, the terrible buggers. 

Yeah and when we keep lacking scoring goals and miss on top 4 for not having any strike force then you'll see.

1 hour ago, atomis said:

Yeah and when we keep lacking scoring goals and miss on top 4 for not having any strike force then you'll see.

Jose sold, de bruyne, Mata, Lukaku, and Salah. unfortunately there aren't that many good attacking players. It is true we have struggled to replace these players. 

42 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Mason needs to understand the tactical side better and needs to work on the defensive phase.

I actually think he's further advanced in that regard than the two English CM's that are here atm, in the Derby game he did a great job preventing Cesc running things.

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

I actually think he's further advanced in that regard than the two English CM's that are here atm, in the Derby game he did a great job preventing Cesc running things.

what me & @Munkworth were joking about is what Don Maurizio would tell Mount if he was to talk to him - not about his actual game - both me & Munk were just having a bit of fun

https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/chelsea-and-the-challenge-of-sarriball/

This is a worth a read. Essentially says Sarri's attempts to provoke teams to break their structure and press Jorginho hasn't worked in England where teams are more disciplined. 

For this reason we're having lots of the ball but are having trouble creating good goal scoring opportunities. 

This is the exact same issue as AVB had. 

25 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Jose sold, de bruyne, Mata, Lukaku, and Salah. unfortunately there aren't that many good attacking players. It is true we have struggled to replace these players. 

True.....but Jose still had a plethora of strikers and scorers, Sarii dont.......we went in to this season threadbare knowing top 4 is a must essentially.

6 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

This is a worth a read. Essentially says Sarri's attempts to provoke teams to break their structure and press Jorginho hasn't worked in England where teams are more disciplined. 

For this reason we're having lots of the ball but are having trouble creating good goal scoring opportunities. 

Sarri has only managed in Italy, I am sure he is learning as much about English football as the players are about Sarriball

17 hours ago, atomis said:

You make capturing world class forwards sound like picking up cornflakes off the shelf at Sainsbury’s.

Your general incessant theme is upset at us not having a monopoly on world beaters. ( plus duff signings due to the incompetence of the board)

Cant be arsed to research but look at some of the w.....s Man U and Arsenal signed over the last few years.

Edited by Ewell CFC

1 minute ago, Ewell CFC said:

You make capturing world class forwards sound like picking up cornflakes from the shelf at Sainsbury’s.

Sorry to say when its so obvious but a one legged horse could do what our strike force can do........even arsenal got themselves 2 good ones in 6months time. Its called ambition and having an insight.

2 minutes ago, atomis said:

Sorry to say when its so obvious but a one legged horse could do what our strike force can do........even arsenal got themselves 2 good ones in 6months time. Its called ambition and having an insight.

Take a day off FFS. Reading your numerous nit picking contributions is like having teeth pulled out.

1 minute ago, Ewell CFC said:

Take a day off FFS. Reading your numerous nit picking contributions is like having teeth pulled out.

Its simple, dont reply then.. Its a forum, you have yours and others theirs. Im not the only one saying we lack a strike force, that we lack goals and likely will miss top4 because  of it. If thats pulling teeth then peace be with you.

8 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

hint, hint - The ignore button is your friend :biggrin:

Bloke's been tiresome and whiney since he joined.

12 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

hint, hint - The ignore button is your friend :biggrin:

Bloke's been tiresome and whiney since he joined.

Ohh yes the infamous ignore button that you are so fond of.......just beacuse people dare share their views, what childish silly member. Bullying others for daring to speak out......hint hint, its not your place to judge others no matter how true or crazy their views might be........I dont like your views, I just dont read it and dont reply. But some of you forumers must resort to kindargarden tactics, as mentioned children do that. Seemingly beyond your logic to just write hey lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that, the respect remains, the good vibe remains and its a happy place.....way beyond you it seems.

Edited by atomis

25 minutes ago, atomis said:

Ohh yes the infamous ignore button that you are so fond of.......just beacuse people dare share their views, what childish silly member. Bullying others for daring to speak out......hint hint, its not your place to judge others no matter how true or crazy their views might be........I dont like your views, I just dont read it and dont reply. But some of you forumers must resort to kindargarden tactics, as mentioned children do that. Seemingly beyond your logic to just write hey lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that, the respect remains, the good vibe remains and its a happy place.....way beyond you it seems.

It’s such a shame Abramovitch doesn’t share your ambition. 

If you work hard and become a multi billionaire, you could buy the club, appoint a new board of directors, and run the club as you see fit. 

Simples.

On 09/01/2019 at 16:16, the special one said:

Tbf we won 2-1 at Watford in 2016 after Conte went 2 up top with Batshuayi/Costa in the remaining 10/15 minutes from 1-1 (I think maybe it was 4-2-4?). That's what I think of as a plan B, it doesn't need to be a radical or continual change of formation. Anyway that's where I feel Conte is better than Sarri, maybe it's because he was an ex footballer idk

The plan B in Naples there was. When the team wasn't able to unlock the match or we had to catch up in the last 30 minutes, he usually passed to 4-2-3-1 . 

But only when the team was in control of the game(fortunally almost always) or in desperate times. In th future when Chelsea will have found the correct balances an knowledge, we will able to see that solution in London too. 

Edited by Master&Commander

5 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

It’s such a shame Abramovitch doesn’t share your ambition. 

If you work hard and become a multi billionaire, you could buy the club, appoint a new board of directors, and run the club as you see fit. 

Simples.

Now your just putting Words in my mouth......what I said is not exactly false is it. Nothing wrong about showing ambition, its a standard we ourselves have set. Sure im not saying buy this and that, some level of logic is needed, but you dont have to be an alien entity to know we are severely lacking in strike force, something that most likely will kill our top 4......if that´sounds unfair to you so be it.

21 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

For me CHO with those high deep out-swinging crosses to Giroud or Morata could be the answer.

22 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

We are creating goal scoring opportunities though, we're just not scoring many of them.