Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Osgood is Good said:

You are definitely a troll on a wind up. Do one.

You lost this debate long ago.....but I was too kind to point it out and unnecessary. You the troll for saying spurs lovers aint welcome here, without having zero evidence to back it up.....and even have the nerve to say the word welcome.......who the f**k are you to decide that anyway? All are welcome as long as they behave and dont diss other forumers........got long way to go yet my boy.

2 minutes ago, atomis said:

You lost this debate long ago.....but I was too kind to point it out and unnecessary. You the troll for saying spurs lovers aint welcome here, without having zero evidence to back it up.....and even have the nerve to say the word welcome.......who the f**k are you to decide that anyway? All are welcome as long as they behave and dont diss other forumers........got long way to go yet my boy.

What a pr*ck.

Just now, Liam said:

The fact you call their manager "Poch" is evidence enough for me.

Ohh forgive me good sire for not wanting or knwoing how his f**king name is spelled...........a clear clear evidence im a spurs. FFS what kind of subsntance are you on.

12 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

The mug has been praising Spurs and his beloved 'Poch' all over this thread, as far back as November

First of all watch your f**king tone.....cuz you wouldnt be saying that in front me. Secondly dont go crazy with your delusions now........that sh*t cant be good for you.

17 minutes ago, atomis said:

First of all watch your f**king tone.....cuz you wouldnt be saying that in front me. Secondly dont go crazy with your delusions now........that sh*t cant be good for you.

What was it you were saying about behaving and not dissing other members ?. Making threats now on the internet, how big and brave of you. ::clap2:: If I had boots on I would be shaking in them. 

Just for the record........You continually slag the board off, slag the players off, slag the club off, slag the manager off, all over this forum everyday, but have a love in for Spurs and your beloved 'Poch' so there are no delusions on my part. I think you have shown enough of your hand.

Edited by Osgood is Good

7 hours ago, Argo said:

Because it doesn't work like that, he can't go pragmatic counter and then do another full 180 after getting a few players in, it won't work.

Actually Spurs fans were very 50/50 in Pochettino's first season and i even saw one fan go as far as saying he wanted him replaced for Tony Pulis of all people. He only really stamped his mark  (consistently) in season 2 when he was allowed to weed out the wasters and bring more suitable players in.

As a matter of fact, in Pochettino's first season (2014/15) Tottenham actually finished 5th with a mere 64 points, which was actually 5 points less than in their car-crash of a 2013/14 season. I know the two clubs have differing standards, but if Sarri did that many Chelsea fans would, judging their current criticism of the man, perceive him as an enemy agent.

Also, despite performing well for most of 2015/16 Tottenham only ended up with 70 points, which was on par with our 2017/18 season, wherein our manager rage-quit halfway through. 

They only really came into their own in 2016/17. 

Edited by DaRick
Wretched typo

11 hours ago, shedpensioner said:

As fans we’ve always said that we’d take no success if we could see an improvement in the playing style & a solid direction to bring success, I and others are seeing neither & therefore have a right to question the manager.

I concede that at times we are over elaborate and lack running options but surely football under Sari is more attractive than under Conte last year?

Its a matter of taste but I’m enjoying watching our possession football and little triangles out of tight spots.

Edited by Ewell CFC

12 hours ago, Gentian said:

Personally I was a huge fan of Conte and Mourinho. 

Unfortunately, it didnt work out. Here we have Sarri that does not have a drogba or lampard yet we are competing well with players such as Willian or Alonso who is certainly very far from being in Ashley Cole's level. Pulisic is a good signing and paredes if signed will make the team much better. So far Sarri has not complained one bit and it seems to me he genuinely wants to improve the young players so i think we will only see sarriball next season. Hopefully we will play in champions league too. Patience is needed. 

We also wouldn't have won the league under Conte without Costa. That is the importance of a striker of that calibre. 

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

I concede that at times we are over elaborate and lack running options but surely football under Sari is more attractive than under Conte last year?

Its a matter of taste but I’m enjoying watching our possession football and little triangles out of tight spots.

We were not good playing out from the back under Conte. We tried it with limited success and often when pressed would hoof it up the field.

Under Sarri we have much more composure playing out from the back under pressure which is a big improvement and shows that Sarri is improving us in that aspect.

The thing I don't understand is that Sarri always said we are a long way off City and Liverpool, but people expect us to be in a much better position. I don't think we are in a bad situation at all.

Of course we should have been more clinical in some games, and should have been given favourable decisions in other ones but it is what it is. It is all part of the growing pains of a new style of play and tactics. 

No qualms with Sarri or the style of play, the only genuine criticism I have is that we're starting to look fragile in the middle of the park. I accept that's only natural with Jorginho as the 'regista' but frankly it was a little embarrassing watch us get battered on Saturday (granted not everyone has a battering ram like Rondon to call upon). Further we've now struggled against both Newcastle and Wolves, both physical direct teams who played the 5-4-1 to perfection against us, I think Sarri needs to have solutions for this style of play.

(just for the record yes I would like Lampard as manager, but I'm still 100% behind Sarri)

image.png.8102a82b9164601d82d86b9416b0c588.png

Edited by the special one

I don’t normally listen to the analysis on MOTD but Ian Wright did some interesting analysis about Sarri’s style. Basically saying that we’re playing it too slow and missing opportunities to hurt teams by holding onto the ball rather than quickly releasing it. Also pointed out a few examples where having a striker would have made the runs. 

It was interesting and made sense. It is painful watching us at the minute. We need some new signings to freshen things up. 

13 hours ago, shedpensioner said:

We’re 6 points clear, so what, I’m bored out of my mind watching dull football.

I find it odd that so many people can be bored watching us dominate teams, going 12 (or however many it was) matches unbeaten, and really taking to the possession-based style of playing out incredibly well under the most intense pressure.  Personally, I'm enjoying the ride.

If you want boring, try struggling through a relegation season.

Edited by yorkleyblue

7 minutes ago, the special one said:

No qualms with Sarri or the style of play, the only genuine criticism I have is that we're starting to look physically fragile in the middle of the park. I accept that's only natural with Jorginho as the 'regista' but frankly it was a little embarrassing watch us get battered in the middle of the park on Saturday (granted not everyone has a battering ram like Rondon to call upon). Further we've now struggled against both Newcastle and Wolves, both physical direct teams who played the 5-4-1 to perfection against us, I think Sarri needs to find solutions for this style of play.

(and just for record yes I would like Lampard as manager, but I'm still 100% behind Sarri)

I wouldn't have said Wolves are a physical side yet facing the 5-4-1 is teams paying us respect.

We just need to find a way to break this down, Willian's superb shot this time was the answer.

We will lose a few and will be vulnerable to the counter attack and that is the same for nearly all possession based sides.

If we get that Paredes it gives us someone capable of hitting the ball with power and from outside the box, that could help against packed defenses though Luiz could do that too.

15 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I don’t normally listen to the analysis on MOTD but Ian Wright did some interesting analysis about Sarri’s style. Basically saying that we’re playing it too slow and missing opportunities to hurt teams by holding onto the ball rather than quickly releasing it. Also pointed out a few examples where having a striker would have made the runs. 

It was interesting and made sense. It is painful watching us at the minute. We need some new signings to freshen things up. 

I saw the MOTD and saw one interception by Kante who had just one defender in front of him, he had time and space to kick it past the defender, one touch and leather it for a cracker............

Instead he slowly dribbled left looking for our attackers. Hopefully Sarri is picking up on these moments.

20 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I find it odd that so many people can be bored watching us dominate teams, going 12 (or however many it was) matches unbeaten, and really taking to the possession-based style of playing out incredibly well under the most intense pressure.  Personally, I'm enjoying the ride.

If you want boring, try struggling through a relegation season.

Yep, same.

I am also enjoying watching us develop into a team that can comfortably play out from the back (vast improvement from last season) and press the opposition high up the pitch forcing them into errors (spurs away in the cup a great example).

We are not quite there yet in terms of the attacking side of our game, but there is certainly enough to keep me interested and believe that with a few key signings (basically a striker who scored goals) and a bit of patience we could be playing the sort of football that we want to be and building towards something.

Of course, the proof will be in the pudding in a couple of seasons time, when we consider what we have won, as to whether the project has been successful but in the meantime I plan to enjoy it. It will come with ups and downs and it would be boring if it didn't.

Not just on this forum, but on social media generally, it does seem to have become quite 'trendy' and 'edgy' to find our current football boring for some reason.

2 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

Yep, same.

I am also enjoying watching us develop into a team that can comfortably play out from the back (vast improvement from last season) and press the opposition high up the pitch forcing them into errors (spurs away in the cup a great example).

We are not quite there yet in terms of the attacking side of our game, but there is certainly enough to keep me interested and believe that with a few key signings (basically a striker who scored goals) and a bit of patience we could be playing the sort of football that we want to be and building towards something.

Of course, the proof will be in the pudding in a couple of seasons time, when we consider what we have won, as to whether the project has been successful but in the meantime I plan to enjoy it. It will come with ups and downs and it would be boring if it didn't.

Not just on this forum, but on social media generally, it does seem to have become quite 'trendy' and 'edgy' to find our current football boring for some reason.

I've had a look courtesy of the recent BBC match analysis and seen that even when we have lost we have had more shots on target, sure that was not the case under Conte.

37 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I've had a look courtesy of the recent BBC match analysis and seen that even when we have lost we have had more shots on target, sure that was not the case under Conte.

"The problem isn’t that Chelsea don’t create scoring opportunities. In both the loss and the draw, they more than their season average of 15.81 shots, an average which is itself the second highest in the league. The problem is that so few of those shots are good. Their xG per shot of 0.10 is exceedingly average. Only nine teams take worse quality shots on average than Chelsea do. The combination of high volume attack and average quality makes for the third best attack in the league by expected goals, clocking in at 1.51 per game."

https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/chelsea-and-the-challenge-of-sarriball/

Edited by the special one

2 hours ago, the special one said:

No qualms with Sarri or the style of play, the only genuine criticism I have is that we're starting to look fragile in the middle of the park. I accept that's only natural with Jorginho as the 'regista' but frankly it was a little embarrassing watch us get battered on Saturday (granted not everyone has a battering ram like Rondon to call upon). Further we've now struggled against both Newcastle and Wolves, both physical direct teams who played the 5-4-1 to perfection against us, I think Sarri needs to have solutions for this style of play.

(just for the record yes I would like Lampard as manager, but I'm still 100% behind Sarri)

image.png.8102a82b9164601d82d86b9416b0c588.png

We got battered on Saturday? Really?

And you want Lampard as manager after 4 months as Derby manager? Really?