Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3

The translator wasn't very good. Interesting that he hasn't planned anything before joining. I reckon we need to give him time as it is a world cup year and most players are returning late. Also interesting that he identified centre back as the position where we lack on the ball ability, rather then CM. Maybe Barkley/RLC have caught his eye?

48 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

The translator wasn't very good. Interesting that he hasn't planned anything before joining. I reckon we need to give him time as it is a world cup year and most players are returning late. Also interesting that he identified centre back as the position where we lack on the ball ability, rather then CM. Maybe Barkley/RLC have caught his eye?

I wonder why he had a translator? He pretty much spoke fluent English in his previous interview with Chelsea TV??

6 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

I wonder why he had a translator? He pretty much spoke fluent English in his previous interview with Chelsea TV??

I suspected the constant looks to his right (during the Club interview) were at a screen so he could read the words out, i guess this confirms my suspicion.

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

I suspected the constant looks to his right (during the Club interview) were at a screen so he could read the words out, i guess this confirms my suspicion.

He did answer a couple of questions in English. I imagine it is passable but for an interview where he had to answer questions on delicate topics (Homophobe claims and Abramovich situation) broken and stuttering English was not the best option.

Sarri speaks fluent English: wrong. 

Sarri is to be called simply Maurizio.

Has no idea who comes or goes. 

Seems a really nice bloke. 

He thinks having fun is the most important thing. 

He didn't promise much but he was positive and seemed smart. 

8 minutes ago, evissy said:

Conte claimed to have no idea who comes or goes and was slated nastily in here for saying it, with hardly anyone believing it to be true.   Will  it be different for Sarri because he "Seems a really nice bloke." and "he was positive and seemed smart."?

Not getting at you @evissy, just something that sprang to mind from your post.

57 minutes ago, evissy said:

Sarri speaks fluent English: wrong. 

Sarri is to be called simply Maurizio.

He thinks having fun is the most important thing. 

Oh my god, that's practically a blueprint of Yorkleyblue!

Oh no sorry, I read it as "doesn't know whether he's coming or going"...

2 hours ago, Total-Football said:

He did answer a couple of questions in English. I imagine it is passable but for an interview where he had to answer questions on delicate topics (Homophobe claims and Abramovich situation) broken and stuttering English was not the best option.

Poch didn't speak English for quite a while after joining spuds. Similar to Sarri I expect, he could get his point across but didnt want to be misunderstood in the media. 

I think I finally see the idea behind the transfers Sarri has asked for.

A CF who has played with him before

A CM who has played with him before

A CB who has played with him before

Basically bringing a straight spine of players who are familiar with his system in to make the transition easier both for him and the players we already have. I think it's quite smart.

4 hours ago, Total-Football said:

Fake news. It was a mis-translation, he said CM not CB.

“Well, clearly, we would always like to keep the strongest players, this is what any manager and club wants to do. We will have to see what the transfer market goes. But I would like to clarify that I see myself as more of a field manager, a pitch manager rather than a general manager. I think that I am one of the few managers who is bored by the transfer market. I don’t want to talk about the transfer market and I’m not that interested in it. I think that our task as managers is growing the players we have.”

BEAUTIFUL

He said the same thing at Napoli, he's hates the transfer market, I bet the board are grinning like Cheshire cats hearing that now. You could see it now in the board meeting "We finally found a manager who doesn't care about the transfer market"

“Well, clearly, we would always like to keep the strongest players, this is what any manager and club wants to do. We will have to see what the transfer market goes. But I would like to clarify that I see myself as more of a field manager, a pitch manager rather than a general manager. I think that I am one of the few managers who is bored by the transfer market. I don’t want to talk about the transfer market and I’m not that interested in it. I think that our task as managers is growing the players we have.”
BEAUTIFUL

25 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

BEAUTIFUL

Don't know about you all, but I can't wait for the season to start! It's not going to be boring, but supporting Chelsea rarely is. I'm now even hugely excited about going to the Lyon friendly :blush2: