Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3

10 hours ago, shedpensioner said:

Jorginho wouldn’t be playing at the base of City’s midfield absolutely no chance. Pep understands the benefits of a disruptive player in that position.

You realise City were in bid for him right? He chose us because of Sarri, they wanted him in the midfield because Fernandinho is ageing. 

I'm pretty certain Jorginho would fit right in the City setup, people are too quick to right him off. 

38 minutes ago, Slojo said:

You realise City were in bid for him right? He chose us because of Sarri, they wanted him in the midfield because Fernandinho is ageing. 

I'm pretty certain Jorginho would fit right in the City setup, people are too quick to right him off. 

I didn’t say Pep wouldn’t try him there, but he’d have given up fairly quickly. 

I also didn’t say he wouldn’t play for City, I said he wouldn’t play at the base of the midfield.

What's say we flip the script a little here.

Say the club decides to stick with Sarri. He has one more year on his contract and could be facing a window where he will either get no one or possibly not what he needs to make sarriball work, as these players are "hard to motivate" he may believe he cannot make it work without the right additions.

He has had (rumored) contact from Roma, what is to say they dont give him a 3 year deal to bring them sarriball whereas here he has 1 year, no transfers and a possible sack incoming. Maybe he will look at the 'f*ck sarriball" and boos to jorginho and decide he is better off out of it.

12 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

What's say we flip the script a little here.

Say the club decides to stick with Sarri. He has one more year on his contract and could be facing a window where he will either get no one or possibly not what he needs to make sarriball work, as these players are "hard to motivate" he may believe he cannot make it work without the right additions.

He has had (rumored) contact from Roma, what is to say they dont give him a 3 year deal to bring them sarriball whereas here he has 1 year, no transfers and a possible sack incoming. Maybe he will look at the 'f*ck sarriball" and boos to jorginho and decide he is better off out of it.

I live in hope he does that!

3 hours ago, coco said:

Will Liverpool fans say that if Klopp wins something ? Will Spuds fans say that if Poch wins something ?

Problem I have with Klopp is he has no interest to win anything other than the PL or CL.

At least Poch tries, team just never had the bottle or squad to get over the line. 

If he doea not quit he will rage to the board and they are left with little choice but to sack him.

How can he stay, his own goalkeeper just basically told him "f*ck you I don't care your the coach" and NONE of his players helped him.

Add to that Willian laughing with Pep after all that what manner of team is this?

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If he doea not quit he will rage to the board and they are left with little choice but to sack him.

How can he stay, his own goalkeeper just basically told him "f*ck you I don't care your the coach" and NONE of his players helped him.

Add to that Willian laughing with Pep after all that what manner of team is this?

I'd rather lose the players over 30 who are so easy to rebel under every manager they've had at CFC.....

We played a great game.

But you have to feel a title here would have been huge for Sarri and this team. It would have been something to build on and something to unite the squad.

Instead we get the Kepa-tragedy and lose. 
Hard to see where we go from here under Sarri.

Sarri will leave tomorrow one way or another and the mess that is Chelsea at managerial and board level will continue. 

I feel sorry for Sarri after that, the players executed the game plan perfectly and he made the subs we’d all been crying out for. Just when it looked like we were turning things around, Arrizabalaga undermines him and causes further fractures in an already broken team. Who backs Sarri? Who backs Kepa? Pathetic. 

I feel so bad for him now.

I'm putting away our current form, current football and everything around the club. I just have noticed how sh*t is our dressing room, players have a too big ego and they think they're above the coach which is impossible.

I expect the board to support Sarri and punish Kepa and others who didn't take control of this situation. We will never know how to feel that, it's the first time I ever saw a thing like this. 

Sarri will leave and will do the right thing for himself. It's so disrespectful action by our players.