cRyptic

Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

The Adapting One

Adaptiball

Adaptazo

etc.

He's responded brilliantly since the fiasco against Man Utd, certainly in a way I would never have expected. Who would have thought that a farcical cup final defeat would kick-start our season? Keep it up!

Dynamo thursday

Wolves sunday

Dynamo thursday

Everton sunday

A break

That is a very hard 4 games inside 2 weeks. We basically need to go through Dynamo and win both Prem games. We were extremely tired end of Fulham game so rotation is needed. 

If we go past Dynamo and win 6 points in the Prem we are in a very good position in terms of top4 and Europa. 

Very important 2 weeks. 

7 minutes ago, evissy said:

Dynamo thursday

Wolves sunday

Dynamo thursday

Everton sunday

A break

That is a very hard 4 games inside 2 weeks. We basically need to go through Dynamo and win both Prem games. We were extremely tired end of Fulham game so rotation is needed. 

If we go past Dynamo and win 6 points in the Prem we are in a very good position in terms of top4 and Europa. 

Very important 2 weeks. 

Very important especially those 2 difficult premier league games as Man Utd are playing Arsenal also this weekend.

11 minutes ago, evissy said:

Dynamo thursday

Wolves sunday

Dynamo thursday

Everton sunday

A break

Very important 2 weeks. 

This, so it will be frustrating and on the border of negligence if Sarri decides to stick with the usual (bar the obvious swaps to start).

We HAVE to show players like CHO, RLC and Ampadu that we DO have faith in them and let them start some games - especially with the hectic fixture list and the fact some players are looking leggy. Think we really got away with it against Fulham yesterday. Yes we dominated large parts and should have been three goals ahead but at 2-1 an equalizer looked on the cards and you have to say Fulham were unlucky not to get it. So the warnings are there - just hope Sarri has heeded them.

10 minutes ago, Nibs said:

This, so it will be frustrating and on the border of negligence if Sarri decides to stick with the usual (bar the obvious swaps to start).

We HAVE to show players like CHO, RLC and Ampadu that we DO have faith in them and let them start some games - especially with the hectic fixture list and the fact some players are looking leggy. Think we really got away with it against Fulham yesterday. Yes we dominated large parts and should have been three goals ahead but at 2-1 an equalizer looked on the cards and you have to say Fulham were unlucky not to get it. So the warnings are there - just hope Sarri has heeded them.

His formation to me showed he is aware rotation is needed

Pedro, RLC, Luiz, Kovacic to roate in on Thursday. Potentially Kante and Hazard rested - the latter needs it. 

CHO might start, but I have no faith in that anymore. Ampadu will hopefully play but even less faith in that. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

His formation to me showed he is aware rotation is needed

Pedro, RLC, Luiz, Kovacic to roate in on Thursday. Potentially Kante and Hazard rested - the latter needs it. 

CHO might start, but I have no faith in that anymore. Ampadu will hopefully play but even less faith in that. 

Yep, rotation is called for but I know it is difficult for Sarri. He has to balance the pressure of The Club expecting CL football next season either via top 4 or winning the Europa with giving the fringe players more minutes. It's always back to that old argument - should the coach stick with the tried & tested or should he give more minutes to younger, hungrier players who want to prove themselves? Both RLC and CHO have looked good recently so really deserve more minutes and I am certain we would still have beaten Fulham yesterday if they had have been given more minutes (or in the case of CHO at least SOME minutes). The fact neither got a lot, means for me they should on Thursday but I won't hold my breathe and the coach lives or dies by his selections. All the time we win, no matter how narrowly he can't really be questioned or criticized but as soon as it goes wrong then the pressure will be back on him.  

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

Sarri himself said it but it really doesn't mean anything. 

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Yep, rotation is called for but I know it is difficult for Sarri. He has to balance the pressure of The Club expecting CL football next season either via top 4 or winning the Europa with giving the fringe players more minutes. It's always back to that old argument - should the coach stick with the tried & tested or should he give more minutes to younger, hungrier players who want to prove themselves? Both RLC and CHO have looked good recently so really deserve more minutes and I am certain we would still have beaten Fulham yesterday if they had have been given more minutes (or in the case of CHO at least SOME minutes). The fact neither got a lot, means for me they should on Thursday but I won't hold my breathe and the coach lives or dies by his selections. All the time we win, no matter how narrowly he can't really be questioned or criticized but as soon as it goes wrong then the pressure will be back on him.  

I don't buy into the CHO is better than 4th choice. But for me RLC is our 2nd best midfielder after Kante and he should be playing. I only hope the reason he's held back is injuries 

11 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I totally agree with Carragher when he said Sarri has turned us into Arsenal.

Why?

We fought til the last minute. We got the equaliser. It was a slog but that's not on Sarri. 

We weren't potent enough but wolves literally parked the bus the entire game. Do you know where that phrase came from? Mourinho describing allardyces West ham when they defended for a draw. It's something that happens 

Sarri even changed it up bringing on willian for jorginho. He brought on CHO and RLC early. 

I wanted Sarri gone a few weeks ago but he's changed it around for me and today gave me more faith, not less. 

28 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Why?

We fought til the last minute. We got the equaliser. It was a slog but that's not on Sarri. 

We weren't potent enough but wolves literally parked the bus the entire game. Do you know where that phrase came from? Mourinho describing allardyces West ham when they defended for a draw. It's something that happens 

Sarri even changed it up bringing on willian for jorginho. He brought on CHO and RLC early. 

I wanted Sarri gone a few weeks ago but he's changed it around for me and today gave me more faith, not less. 

We look inept, he had no plan b to try and break them down. We got the equaliser through persistence and the class of Hazard not because of any great tactics.

You can’t convince me that Sarri isn’t out of his depth.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I agree, but I don't think that is fully on Sarri. I think it's the whole club. Our signings are very Arsenal like, and I think the players are mentally and physically soft like Arsenal too.

Edited by Scott Harris

1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Why?

Of course, it is on Sarri. Just like struggles under Mourinho were on Jose. If all it takes to get a result against Chelsea is park the bus then what's the point of having a manager at all? 

We were very poor for most of the game. We had lion share of the possession because Wolves put ten players behind the ball but we couldn't create anything going forward. It's been hapening for months now and Sarri is still clueless as how to solve that problem. It took a moment of individual brilliance from Hazard at the very end to save a point. I don't doubt the effort from the players, it was there till the final whistle, but Sarri clearly is out of his depth.

50 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Stubborn manager with no plan b, sounds like Wenger ? we are a easy team to set up against and very one dimensional. At least Arsenal played good football.

3 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Stubborn manager with no plan b, sounds like Wenger ? we are a easy team to set up against and very one dimensional. At least Arsenal played good football.

Wenger's Arsenal were mentally weak but they were creating chances and scoring goals. Sarri's Chelsea is nowhere near that.

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I agree, but I don't think that is fully on Sarri. I think it's the whole club. Our signings are very Arsenal like, and I think the players are mentally and physically soft like Arsenal too.

I agree I don’t either but I still think he’s part of the problem. Would love to be wrong 

42 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Do you know where that phrase came from? Mourinho describing allardyces West ham when they defended for a draw.

Mourinho first said it in 2005 when we drew 0-0 with Spurs and since then it's become another football cliche.

With 4-3-3, the middle three are inactive to our attack for the most part. So we should have a really tight defensive line behind our attack when were high up the pitch, but it just melts away on occasions, today it was a scuffed clearance that started the Wolves counter from their box, they made our midfield and cb's look like complete fools with some simple counter moves that totally undone us, although the finish was lucky they still ripped us apart on that occasion, the one chance they were waiting for the whole game.

When we went 4-2-3-1 we lost our defensive shape, but we became less vulnerable to their counter after that, the higher amount of Chelsea players pushing up and getting active with our attack makes it harder for opposition teams to counter because so many chelsea players are pushed up they cant get out. City are masters at it.

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

He's turned us into bottlers in less than a year.

That is quite the achievement. Get him out quick.

I think it's an oversimplification to put all the blame on Sarri. IMO firing him isn't going to change anything. The team were bottling matches even last year under Conte. If anything, the problems in our team have been festering since the season we finished 10th under Mourinho. Yes, Conte won us the league the year after but that achievement papered over the cracks of the team. Conte himself said it was a miracle.

CB passes to LB,  LB passes to Winger, Winger passes to LB, LB passes to CB, CB passes to RB, RB passes to Winger, Winger passes to RB, RB passes to CB.......... Rinse and repeat for 90 minutes. Fecking clueless attack. Whiskey C*ck penetrates deeper then we do. 

It’s been painful season and I don’t see it ending positively with top 4 or EL given that Sarri has never won a trophy. 

It will be interesting to see how much of an emphasis Sarri getting top 4 was by the board. If it was a must then he will have to go. 

Either way, I think he should go purely because the players aren’t playing his football and have decided they want to play deeper. Regardless of whether it’s tactically right or wrong, it shows that he lacks authority.