cRyptic

Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

13 hours ago, Stim said:

People say this regardless of what happened during the match.

Jorginho dispossessed: 1

Hazard, Kante, Kovacic: 2

RLC, Pedro: 3

Emerson: 5

Dispossessed is completely different to passing the ball to the opposition. Which by the way I don’t have the stats but after being there and seeing him it was easily double figures. It’s not his fault it’s just like the manager both are out of their depth in the English Prem. 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:14, Zeta said:

Was good to see him finally try a different formation when things weren't working, but that alone won't do much when the players are still playing the same way. Even when we switched to 4-2-3-1 there was still little width or urgency, and every time the wingers or fullbacks got it, their first thought was still always to pass it back inside again. If they keep doing that, it won't matter what formation we use, they'll struggle to break teams down.

There was a point before Hazard got the equaliser that we had Emerson, Willian and Hazard all on the left side of the box, just perhaps their markers got confused and personally if he makes gambles when we have a need for a goal that would be good. 

19 minutes ago, Diamondgeezer said:

Dispossessed is completely different to passing the ball to the opposition. Which by the way I don’t have the stats but after being there and seeing him it was easily double figures. It’s not his fault it’s just like the manager both are out of their depth in the English Prem. 

He had 86% pass accuracy vs Wolves with 111 touches (though he played 77min). Eden that scored had 85% with 109 touches and Emerson had 93% with 143 touches.

Jorginho is maybe not world class but this is his first season in the club and he's the top passer in the whole league, last time I checked he wasn't really Xavi so I don't know why people expect so much more from him he is there to help the team play the way Sarri wants the team to play which is pretty much impossible anyway so better blame Sarri for wanting to buy him in the first place instead.

Edited by Gol15

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

He had 86% pass accuracy vs Wolves with 111 touches (though he played 77min). Eden that scored had 85% with 109 touches and Emerson had 93% with 143 touches.

Jorginho is maybe not world class but this is his first season in the club and he's the top passer in the whole league, last time I checked he wasn't really Xavi so I don't know why people expect so much more from him he is there to help the team play the way Sarri wants the team to play which is pretty much impossible anyway so better blame Sarri for wanting to buy him in the first place instead.

Why is it impossible to play the way Sarri wants? 

Just now, TheChelseaBlues said:

Why is it impossible to play the way Sarri wants? 

Because he's copy-pasting a tactic from another team from another league that plays on a much more wider pitch. That alone is a basic error, just because it worked once somewhere else it doesn't mean it works everywhere and on the Bridge that type of football can't be smooth enough no matter what players you have, any decent or organised defense will cover the area where the ball is heading much faster than in Serie A.

But my point is, blaming Jorginho is like blaming the wrong type of a tyre for your car in bad weather when it's actually you that chose that type to begin with, Jorginho has shown that he can be a good tool for the team but nobody actually expected him to dominate the pitch, most comments as I remember were aimed at the strenght of our midfield on paper (Kante,Jorginho,RLC,Kovacic;Fabregas) at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Because he's copy-pasting a tactic from another team from another league that plays on a much more wider pitch. That alone is a basic error, just because it worked once somewhere else it doesn't mean it works everywhere and on the Bridge that type of football can't be smooth enough no matter what players you have, any decent or organised defense will cover the area where the ball is heading much faster than in Serie A.

But my point is, blaming Jorginho is like blaming the wrong type of a tyre for your car in bad weather when it's actually you that chose that type to begin with, Jorginho has shown that he can be a good tool for the team but nobody actually expected him to dominate the pitch, most comments as I remember were aimed at the strenght of our midfield on paper (Kante,Jorginho,RLC,Kovacic;Fabregas) at the start of the season.

Nothing to do with pitch size. Barcelona pitch has 2 metres extra length and 1 metre extra width than SB, yet they play possession football. It is much more to do with personnel and not being clinical when chances present themselves. 

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Nothing to do with pitch size. Barcelona pitch has 2 metres extra length and 1 metre extra width than SB, yet they play possession football. It is much more to do with personnel and not being clinical when chances present themselves. 

Barcelona doesn't play like Sarri's Napoli so the comparison is not really viable, their possession football is not the same. VS Wolves it was so clear that Sarri couldn't strech the pitch enough.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

So his gameplan will never work because the pitch is too small. How did he go unbeaten for three months then? 

I thought you were going to say the PL was too up and down for his pressing or smaller clubs are more physical and talented than Italy. You went with pitch size. Yikes

8 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

So his gameplan will never work because the pitch is too small. How did he go unbeaten for three months then? 

I thought you were going to say the PL was too up and down for his pressing or smaller clubs are more physical and talented than Italy. You went with pitch size. Yikes

Smaller pitch as one of the reasons, for his tactic was evident vs Wolves, if not for a world class move by Hazard his tactics lost us that game. First thing I said you shouldn't just copy paste a tactic from another team from another league.

He was lucky to go unbeaten for the first 3 months, Arsenal missed wide open clear cut chances from 5-10 yards in the 3:2 first game. The unbeaten run was good only because we drew Liverpool and Manutd at the time but we were not winning those big games, a win at Newcastle was from an own goal and a penalty. That run it came to an end when Spurs beat us and then shortly after Wolves beat us as well. Had he not chose to play a false 9 and more defensive football the win against Man city wouldn't have come, but shortly after that, Leicester beat us as well...

I didn't say that his pressing doesn't work because pressing in the league does work, Klopp and also Pep do press and it works that's not the problem, but yes it's a more physical league, that's why I said it's a basic error to try and copy something from another league to the fullest and not adapt.

My opinion about the bashing of Jorginho is still the same though, he's here because of Sarri so not his fault as he's only following what Sarri wants and that's 1 tactic every game. You don't win trophies with only 1 tactic during the whole season, Sarri was the only manager that never changed his formation at all, every other manager in the league changed it at some point Sarri only did it recently in the last game. This is why we won't win Europa league.

Edited by Gol15

I still think given time and some player changes, Sarri can turn us into an English version of his Napoli team. It’s obvious we’re not playing the way he wants us to yet, and it’s equally obvious that he’s a manager with massive tactical knowledge based on his previous teams.

I’d have taken top 4 in a heartbeat after the mess of pre-season, and we’re fighting for it and also looking good in the EL. I don’t know what other fans were expecting, but this really isn’t some huge disappointment for me position wise.

I do wish the players were adapting to his tactics faster, but I think there’s a couple of players basically holding that progress up, and I really hope we can get rid of (or at least postpone) that transfer ban so we can get rid of a few and bring in people he thinks fit his ideas better.

I’m tired of changing manager every 5 minutes and I’m beyond tired of seeing the players downing tools when things get tough. It’s time for a new approach at Chelsea, and I reckon Sarri is as good a bet as anyone to bring it.

On 12/03/2019 at 20:04, Gol15 said:

Stadio San Paolo pitch dimensions - 110m x 68m

Stamford Bridge pitch dimensions - 103m x 67m

Lets not pretend he had some stupidly wide pitch at Napoli that allowed him to play Sarriball. 50cm extra either side.

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Stadio San Paolo pitch dimensions - 110m x 68m

Stamford Bridge pitch dimensions - 103m x 67m

Lets not pretend he had some stupidly wide pitch at Napoli that allowed him to play Sarriball. 50cm extra either side.

3.5 metres each side is actually loads.

Although I think that has little to do with why the football is so boring to watch.

56 minutes ago, shedpensioner said:

3.5 metres each side is actually loads.

Although I think that has little to do with why the football is so boring to watch.

That's the length though. He was saying they had a much wider pitch.

One point from six in the last two games against Wolves and Everton.

Just four win from ten games in the league this calendar year.

The Europa League is hiding just how bad we really are. We’re regressing under Sarri, he doesn’t know how to get the most out of this squad.

He’s not going to be able to overhaul the team because of the transfer ban, I can only see things getting worse personally.

Mindlessly making the same mistakes over and over again. Strange team selections. Like for like subs. Picking certain players despite their form.

Bored of it personally.

7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

One point from six in the last two games against Wolves and Everton.

Just four win from ten games in the league this calendar year.

The Europa League is hiding just how bad we really are. We’re regressing under Sarri, he doesn’t know how to get the most out of this squad.

He’s not going to be able to overhaul the team because of the transfer ban, I can only see things getting worse personally.

Mindlessly making the same mistakes over and over again. Strange team selections. Like for like subs. Picking certain players despite their form.

Bored of it personally.

I agree 100% with you.

The Dynamo Kiev team is worth probably like a mid table Championship team, not to mention the Hungarian and Belorussian team from the group stage...Giroud looks like a top world scorer in Europa League.

His tactics obviously don't work at this point, every player is doing what he wants and still nothing special is happening, no end product as we still can't score, no defense as we still concede naive and easy goals, he just cares about having some extra bit of possession because otherwise the team doesn't know how to defend and that's that. We were top 5 last season now we will be top 6, the worst of the bigger teams that is.

His time is surely almost up.

We need a manager who can get the best out of what we have and he cannot because he is a one dimensional manager who only knows one way to play.

Nice bloke but a pants manager in his league.

It's not just that he's one dimensional when it comes to playing style. I've posted a stat in the Everton match thread, apparently we only came back from behind to win a game just once (!) all season long. That tells me that the players don't trust Sarri's methods, don't believe in him and can't wait to see the back of him.

Now we can discuss the flaws and shortcomings of our current squad, but that's a disturbing stat for any manager.

7 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Here comes Maurizio Sarri... The first question is "the game turned on its head at the start of the second half. What happened?"

"Oh, I don't know!" he responds.

Quite ...

The bloke is a tactical genius

7 minutes ago, abramovich said:

It's not just that he's one dimensional when it comes to playing style. I've posted a stat in the Everton match thread, apparently we only came back from behind to win a game just once (!) all season long. That tells me that the players don't trust Sarri's methods, don't believe in him and can't wait to see the back of him.

Now we can discuss the flaws and shortcomings of our current squad, but that's a disturbing stat for any manager.

That was evident this season even if I didn't know the actual stat about it.

As soon as we are behind you just feel it's over and there is no coming back. That's why it feels like we are a 1 trick pony, either we sometimes get lucky and score first or we will get punished at some point of the match.

He has a don't give a sh*t attitude. It makes me angry because he has no fear of being sacked as he will get a hefty pay off. His player jorgino is struggling with the pace of the PL. I bet milan are laughing as they got a young hungry GS and we got a guy just collecting his last pay checks before he calls it a day.