cRyptic

Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

One thing I am concerned about is playing the same high line tactics against Liverpool and other quick teams. We got away with it yesterday against Arsenal. Surely they will rip us apart? Does Sarri ever adjust his tactics to suit the opposition?

The thing I like about the style is we go hard in that first 15-20 mins and a lot of the time this will lead to getting the first goal, which from then on will give us the momentum from there on. This is unlike last season where we would start off slowly and build into the game. People praise Liverpool for going hard in that first quarter, but a lot of the time they do get the early goal. 

11 minutes ago, JM7 said:

One thing I am concerned about is playing the same high line tactics against Liverpool and other quick teams. We got away with it yesterday against Arsenal. Surely they will rip us apart? Does Sarri ever adjust his tactics to suit the opposition?

Liverpool aren't perfect either. They will concede goals too. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. At the moment we got 6 points from 2 games and Sarri has stuff to work on. We are still in crawling mode at the moment, not even at baby steps. We need to give it time so our all around game will improve. 

It's ironic having the picture of Diego in this thread. I actually think Sarri is one manager that could tame the petulant side of Costa's character. I get the feeling that if Costa got out of line Sarri would just f**k him up. How good would Costa be in this team. Surrounded with proper players, he could just bully defenders and give all of our attacking midfielders room to rip the opposition apart.

Hi guys, I’m a Napoli fan and I’m very sad for mister Sarri’s leaving.

With him we played the most beautiful, entartaining, gorgeous football I ever seen. 

Please be patient and you will really enjoy with his style of playing. 

Now I’ve became a Chelsea fan ‘cause I follow Mr. Maurizio everywhere he goes.

Here there’s a sample of what kind of “religion” is Sarrismo for someone of us.

https://www.facebook.com/sarrismo/

C’mon Blues! 

1 minute ago, Francesco said:

With him we played the most beautiful, entartaining, gorgeous football I ever seen. 

C’mon Blues! 

Ciao Francesco - come & join our Blue Party - it seems w/ this side we will have some ups & downs but such is life :smile:

Our team was really gorgeous to see, you have stronger players and there isn’t a mafia as we have in italy with juventus, so be confident and nothing will be impossible. First matches could be difficult but he needs time for automatisms, don’t worry for two goals by Arsenal, now it’s normal but I remember a lot of matches with no-one shooting against us, many matches with 3, 5, 7 goals scored (especially in his second year, 2016/2017), and the most beautiful, continuos, attacking style against every team!

Miss him very much :(

30 minutes ago, Francesco said:

Our team was really gorgeous to see, you have stronger players and there isn’t a mafia as we have in italy with juventus, so be confident and nothing will be impossible. First matches could be difficult but he needs time for automatisms, don’t worry for two goals by Arsenal, now it’s normal but I remember a lot of matches with no-one shooting against us, many matches with 3, 5, 7 goals scored (especially in his second year, 2016/2017), and the most beautiful, continuos, attacking style against every team!

Miss him very much :(

Don Carlo is a very good replacement & you should enjoy your side's play w/ Don Carlo in charge

On 21/08/2018 at 19:09, robdog said:

Don Carlo is a very good replacement & you should enjoy your side's play w/ Don Carlo in charge

Yes, and I hope he doesn’t change our style ‘cause this is what I mean for “enjoying football”

On 21/08/2018 at 18:22, Francesco said:

C’mon Blues! 

Welcome to this forum!

Although Napoli played a very aesthetically pleasing football, they didn't won anything with Sarri as coach.

That's including Coppa Italia. Which should've been a lot more realistic objective for your team.

At the end of the day, all that matters is is winning titles.

Just look at Pochettino who's still being mocked for not achiving feck all at Spurs.

Sarri's tenure at Chelsea will be judged depending on how many titles he'll win for Chelsea.

On 21/08/2018 at 19:09, robdog said:

Don Carlo is hardly a great coach when it comes to winning league titles.

Only won 5 of those in nearly 20 years despite being in charge for the likes of Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern.

PSG (with their Qatari owners) even lost Ligue 1 to Montpellier with Carlo as coach.

To be fair, maybe they'll do better in cup tournametns unlike when Sarri was in charge.

Edited by Aryagorn

Like all stats, means nothing without context.  What was the standard of all of the other teams in Serie A throughout all those periods?  What was Napoli's defence like? What was the weather like for every match?   How good or bad was the goalkeeper's pasta breakfast for each team for each match?   Shall I go on?

2 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

Welcome to this forum!

Although Napoli played a very aesthetically pleasing football, they didn't won anything with Sarri as coach.

That's including Coppa Italia. Which should've been a lot more realistic objective for your team.

Just look at Pochettino who's still being mocked for not achiving feck all at Spurs.

Sarri's tenure at Chelsea will be judged depending on how many titles he'll win for Chelsea.

Only won 5 of those in nearly 20 years despite being in charge for the likes of Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern.

PSG (with their Qatari owners) even lost Ligue 1 to Montpellier with Carlo as coach.

To be fair, maybe they'll do better in cup tournametns unlike when Sarri was in charge.

I kind of disagree. “ All that matters is winning titles.”

Watching your team is supposed to be enjoyable, not just a stepping stone towards silverware in May.

Ive seen some really boring dross served up by title winning Conte and Mourinho teams, and if push came to shove would rather us play consistently attractive football and fall short, than dour defensive stuff that might win trophy’s.

Hopefully we can combine style and success- if we don’t, no big deal- we’ve alteady won every trophy out there.

I would love to watch a 30 for 30 on Sarri. It would have been great if that had happened after a Napoli title win, or hopefully if he wins a title with us. To see his humble beginnings in Naples, to coaching at the low level up until Empoli, then Napoli, then Chelsea. What an interesting story that would have been. A Napoli title win last season would have been the ideal time for that. Come on Sarri, get that title with Chels! 

6 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Like all stats, means nothing without context.  What was the standard of all of the other teams in Serie A throughout all those periods?  What was Napoli's defence like? What was the weather like for every match?   How good or bad was the goalkeeper's pasta breakfast for each team for each match?   Shall I go on?

Please do

9 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

Welcome to this forum!

He said: “Our goal is beauty, we would be beautiful, enjoy ourselves and people, and if we’ll have results we’ll be glad!”

I really love him!

11 hours ago, Aryagorn said:

Sarri has joined the best English club over the last decade, in the last 12 years we have won everything, all Sarri has to do is make us play entertaining and competitive football, and be there or thereabouts when the sliverware gets handed out.

10 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Well it's not that hard to understand the context. Sarri's Napoli were, on paper, arguably a weaker side than Walter Mazzarri's side that we beat in 2011 for example, and while Napoli were a strong team they were emblematic of a much stronger Serie A overall than that of the mid 00s.