Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

Maybe he want City players to think we are not going to play with a fight so the pressure won't really be on our players.

Had a bit of a shocker at today’s press conference.
“Impossible to beat City in the long run”
“Doesn’t know how to beat a team like City”
Not the kind of comments I expect to hear from a Chelsea-manager.

God the stigma on Sarri has really flipped hasn’t it. 
Sarri’s philosophy is based on defending in a completely different way to other managers. He wants his players to defend in terms of where the ball is and the press is dependent on every player moving as a TEAM.
Clearly at the moment the players aren’t doing this properly and that’s why we’re giving away so many chances. 
In the ‘’offensive phase’’ we have Willian, Morata, Alonso & Luiz who aren’t up to the standard we are desperately craving. Couple that with the imbalance in the midfield and Sarri really is facing an uphill battle.
Have said it before but we’re 4/5 players away from challenging for the PL and in the CL.
We need to be patient and give the man time and money to implement his ethos.

We the fans will be patient, but I don't trust the board to back him financially to sign the players he wants. Those are some of the obstacles Conte faced, it was simply his hunger for success that won us the league and FA cup, he overachieved with this squad.
I just wanted to add that Sarri started from the bottom (literally) and worked his way up. He didn't coach a youth team at a big club, he started coaching at Sunday league level and moved his way up to Napoli. Sure, he didn't win anything, but often it's right place, right time. Some coaches need the chance to prove themselves at the highest level to see how good they are. I think it's safe to say that Sarri has proved himself capable of competing with the elite level managers who have better teams/players.
As I said before, unfortunately it just happens that Sarri has came in at a bad time when the rest of the league has improved and our rivals have got stronger. I think any coach would have a similar problem or probably worse if they came to Chelsea this season. I think if Jose, Conte, Ancelotti, you name it, came in this season would struggle too. Liverpool are at their peak, as are City, Spurs have continued their good form, and Arsenal have a new coach/players and are getting results and looking stronger than previously. The mid-lower table sides are better too imo. 
I agree with you about Sarri coming here at the wrong time. To be honest, in a different season, losing just 2 games since the beginning of the season till this very time in December will still see us on top of the table and few points ahead of the second team. City and Liverpool's form have been really incredible this season and don't forget arsenal is also coming very strong. But still Sarri needs to watch his back and turn things around because the board won't put all this into consideration if we fail to either make top 4 or win a trophy.
Sarri on how you beat a team like Manchester city...

"I don't know, against Guardiola, I've lost every match, so you'd have to ask somebody else"

Honesty is good at times.....but if I was his player this would not give me hope or confidence. Horrible answer imo.

Was Sarri not the first to beat Pep last season or was it a dream?
33 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Am I the only one here who see’s his comments as a bit tongue in cheek? 

I think they are quite tongue in cheek, remember he has a pretty decent friendship with Pep.

Just read in an article we are currently 2 points better off than pep was in his first season, patience with Sarri will pay off.

1 hour ago, DukesOfHazard said:

I think they are quite tongue in cheek, remember he has a pretty decent friendship with Pep.

Just read in an article we are currently 2 points better off than pep was in his first season, patience with Sarri will pay off.

No he lost two games sack him now and bring in Sam ‘hoof ball’ Allardyce. It’s the only way we’ll stay up this season. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

No he lost two games sack him now and bring in Sam ‘hoof ball’ Allardyce. It’s the only way we’ll stay up this season. 

Thinking about it you could be write, if we're not going to win silverware for a year sack him! While we're at it hazard hasn't scored for a couple of games we should get rid in January 

14 hours ago, atomis said:

Sarri aint jose or conte......he says what he sees, if you Watch his interviews you would know...instead of coming out with back handed digs. Maybe you the thick one not to ponder he just might mean it.

Ha. Anyone who pays any attention to anything said in football press conferences is a bit of a sad plonker in my book.

Chewing gum for the ears.

14 hours ago, atomis said:

Infact I see Sarii as that exact type......Conte, Jose etc I will give. Even if he doesnt mean it, he shouldnt say it. Theres enough w**king over pep, we dont need a Chels manager doing the same.

He's complimented Pep lots, even at Napoli. He has said we are a long way behind City in our development (he's not wrong) and that City are one of, if not the best team in Europe. When he says he doesn't know how to beat them, it's likely tongue in cheek, but also there's some seriousness to it because who has come up with the gameplan to beat him this season yet?

Sarri is being honest, because with our current team is an almost impossible task for them. At least he's not sticking his head in the sand and saying we have a great chance to beat them. We aren't close to City yet and that's the cold hard fact. 

13 minutes ago, enigma said:

He's complimented Pep lots, even at Napoli. He has said we are a long way behind City in our development (he's not wrong) and that City are one of, if not the best team in Europe. When he says he doesn't know how to beat them, it's likely tongue in cheek, but also there's some seriousness to it because who has come up with the gameplan to beat him this season yet?

Sarri is being honest, because with our current team is an almost impossible task for them. At least he's not sticking his head in the sand and saying we have a great chance to beat them. We aren't close to City yet and that's the cold hard fact. 

Nothing is impossible. Leicester weren't supposed to win the league, we were not supposed to win the CL that year, and the Spartans weren't supposed to beat the Persians.

I'd rather have some faith and have a go for it.

But anyways, this wasn't supposed to turn into a long discussion.
Let's go for three points tonight, with the right mindset and XI it can be done if you ask me!

Stating the obvious, it's like a golf swing or anything else when change has to happen, you actually get a lot worse, but over a period of time things fall into place if you have the patience to continue struggling through the change and see the improvement on the other side.  I welcome change......I'll be honest though, as a fan it's the pain of losing against rivals such as Spurs and the recent performances, together with the seemingly lack of effort we have seen during those defeats that is most worrying, not the defeat itself as we are expected to go backwards during the change.  One wonders whether our trigger happy owner and Board though will actually have the patience to see us through the pain barrier and come out the other side, with hopefully an exciting style of football.  

4 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Ha. Anyone who pays any attention to anything said in football press conferences is a bit of a sad plonker in my book.

Chewing gum for the ears.

Its an observation.......not a f**king life long hobby, silly silly you are.

4 hours ago, enigma said:

He is just honest imo and he is right in what he says......I just hope he is the kind that lits a fire before games to motivate these fickle players.

4 hours ago, Dixon said:

Read something yesterday. If we lose today and things continue the way they've gone so far this season, we'll finish 33 points behind City.  

It's not really clear to me what you're trying to achieve with an alarmist "if" story like this. We've had many seasons when we lost points a few matches in a row, and it will happen again in seasons to come. No reason to act like a rabbit in headlights and fire off some speculative calculations.

13 minutes ago, Valerie said:

It's not really clear to me what you're trying to achieve with an alarmist "if" story like this. We've had many seasons when we lost points a few matches in a row, and it will happen again in seasons to come. No reason to act like a rabbit in headlights and fire off some speculative calculations.

Image result for images of the end is nigh board