Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

On 07/12/2018 at 14:37, jack_super_class said:

Does that really matter though? i mean why doesn't Di Matteo get linked with any of the top jobs i mean he's won a champions league and a FA cup and that's more than Kloop and Pochetinno have done, two of the best managers in the EPL. Isn't that you logic? Sarri not wining anything major doesn't mean much to me, style of football means more these days than trophies otherwise Sarri wouldn't of got the Chelsea job in the first place. Klopp and Pochetinno have won nothing at their clubs but nobody wants them sacked, Mourinho has won everything and he's struggling in 8th but everyone wants him sacked because of the style of play.

Sarri style of play even in these early months has been good to watch, will get even better when he has a proper pre season, buy some better players and the team gets use to how he wants them to play. We see it in flashes in games. Guardiola had a poor first season, spanked by Everton and Leicester for example, now look at them.

Not sure what everyone is moaning at we are where we are suppose to be, fourth place right in contention for top four place. We were never going to win the league. We need to give Sarri time and spend wisely like we did in the summer. No more Zappacosta's and Drinkwater and Bakayakos. I have a good feeling about a positive result on Saturday.

You see i told you, on a serious note Sarri needed this win not only in terms of the league table but also because our results agaisnt top sides this season we haven't been great. That win will give Sarri and the squad confidence.

I love Sarri I've hated reading about him being another Scolari this week .. I didn't like scolari he always reminded me of a bent politician in a film about cocaine .. infact it's a film called the business set in Spain I think with Danny dyer .. there's a gay mayor or something that lets them smuggle coke in exchange for a rent boy haha and looks like big phil .. 

Sarri is pure genuine and class tho love his pressers. 

1 minute ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

I love Sarri I've hated reading about him being another Scolari this week .. I didn't like scolari he always reminded me of a bent politician in a film about cocaine .. infact it's a film called the business set in Spain I think with Danny dyer .. there's a gay mayor or something that lets them smuggle coke in exchange for a rent boy haha and looks like big phil .. 

Sarri is pure genuine and class tho love his pressers. 

think i saw him on an episode of narcos mexico

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Looks like Pep wasn't expecting those tactics from Sarri either lol. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NizaarKinsella/status/1071493697777401857

See, all smoke and mirrors from Sarri. He knows exactly how to beat Pep, take what Antonio tried and do it properly. Best master of the mind game since Mourinho 1.0 :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

See, all smoke and mirrors from Sarri. He knows exactly how to beat Pep, take what Antonio tried and do it properly. Best master of the mind game since Mourinho 1.0 :laugh2:

Sarri is an elite level manager. People just need to be patient with this team and system. A couple of reinforcements in Jan and hopefully next summer a proper striker and I am confident we'll be a force again. 

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Sarri is an elite level manager. People just need to be patient with this team and system. A couple of reinforcements in Jan and hopefully next summer a proper striker and I am confident we'll be a force again. 

That’s the problem, people claim to want to be patient and let the latest manager ‘build his team’. First loss and the toys are out the pram. 

We’ve had Napoli fans here saying he needs time to put his stamp on the team but the end product is worth it. 

For me, having Sarri incharge means I actually look forward to match day again because I know I’ll more than likely get a decent football match to watch. 

2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think it’s entirely possible we stick with the false 9 moving forward.  This second half performance is what it should look like, first half was reminiscent of Conte’s false 9 setup.

I'm still not a fan of Hazard in that role though, he doesn't look the same player playing there. I would much rather see Pedro through the middle and Hazard on the wing. I think we would look a lot more dangerous. Hazard struggled to hold up the ball today. I prefer to see him running at the opposition, not with his back to goal so much.

I'm still not a fan of Hazard in that role though, he doesn't look the same player playing there. I would much rather see Pedro through the middle and Hazard on the wing. I think we would look a lot more dangerous. Hazard struggled to hold up the ball today. I prefer to see him running at the opposition, not with his back to goal so much.
I agree to some extent, but I don't think Pedro is physically strong enough to be the man in the middle. Hazard is quite strong and he knows how to use his physique, I don't think Pedro would be able to.
37 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I thought he actually held the ball up quite well.  The first half he was jumping for balls being bombed at his head.

3 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think it’s entirely possible we stick with the false 9 moving forward.  This second half performance is what it should look like, first half was reminiscent of Conte’s false 9 setup.

If memory serves we also played with a false 9 up at Liverpool with Hiddink... Bertrand Traore played as the false 9 and Liverpool's defence didn't know how to defend against it. Mertens also played as a false 9 under Sarri at Napoli. I'd like to see more of it but I'm not convinced it's Hazard best position, I'd like to see us bring Traore back from Lyon personally.

Edited by the special one

Hazard as false 9 got 2 assists this game, though the second one was from a corner kick.
I don't know what's best but I do know this match everything worked as planned, that doesn't happen every time but the fact that Pedro and Willian (this time on the left side) played at the same time, made me think that maybe RLC could play that false 9 instead of Hazard since he's strong and tall and already scored 3 goals in the league.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Hazard won more headers, held the ball up better and influenced the game more as a false 9 than Morata does playing in his natural position. He definetly isn’t happy playing the mind. 

RLC is a good shout for it but I think having both him and Hazard, with Pedro, interchanging upfront would cause a lot of confusion for defenders. 

5 minutes ago, benjsross said:

I don't really care what hazard prefers at this stage. He's leaving in the summer. He can play where we put him and where he fits best. 

How optimistic of you. You have no idea what Hazard is going to do. Every season, people have said that Hazard was leaving, yet he is still here. 

Edited by kiwi1691
7 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

How optimistic of you. You have no idea what Hazard is going to do. Every season, people have said that Hazard was leaving, yet he is still here. 

What's the point of being optimistic?

He's not signed a new contract when everyone else has. He's going in the summer. And if he doesn't, it's because real Madrid don't want him. Not because he doesn't want to go. 

3 minutes ago, benjsross said:

He's not signed a new contract when everyone else has. He's going in the summer. And if he doesn't, it's because real Madrid don't want him. Not because he doesn't want to go. 

Because he’s the best player we have ever had and fans want him to stay

18 minutes ago, benjsross said:

If he signs a new contract it's because he wants to stay. He isn't unhappy, he just wants to win more and doubts if he can do it with Morata for example.

11 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If he signs a new contract it's because he wants to stay. He isn't unhappy, he just wants to win more and doubts if he can do it with Morata for example.

Yes. And he hasn't signed a new contract. 

I'm not interested in bending over to him to make him happy anymore in the hope he signs. If he's best played in CF then play him there. The fact it makes him unhappy and therefore might leave shouldn't be a factor. 

I'm more than happy for him to leave in the summer, he will be one of the top 10 Chelsea players in our history. I'll always love him. But we shouldn't think about his happiness when choosing a style of play anymore. 

30 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Because he’s the best player we have ever had and fans want him to stay

Lampard and Terry are better players than him and more important. Hazard top 10, maybe top 5. Easily the most talented. But not a mark on our best players for a few reasons. Terry was the best defender in the game for 5 consecutive years. Lampard the most consistent midfielder of his generation in the premier league.

If he goes it will be a shame, but it's not the end of the world. We aren't palace, when hazard doesn't play we often play better - and there are a few arguments for why. 

Edited by benjsross