17 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

This is our team this season.

Caballero

azpilicueta- David Luiz -Rudiger- Alonso

Jorhingo

Kante  -  Fabregas

Pedro - Morata - Golovin

Mark my words.

David Luiz in a back four,......... a relegation battle it is then.

10 hours ago, naples said:

I wouldn't say he's a complete player,he doesn't score or shoot a lot and he's not a great dribbler,but he's fundamental to play possession style,don't know if u have seen 1 of any our matches last season,he's the player everyone gives the ball,he touches it always more than any on the field so he "controls" the team,he's on very high level on passing short range(he's not Pirlo who could throw assist from any distance,he's good on long ball but he's very good at low passes).

He reminds me a bit Busquets,who's way stronger phisically than Jorginho. 

3 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

I've never seen Jorginho play, but since we've signed him I've watched the vids, and Busquets keeps coming to mind.

Sounds more like a poor mans Mikel to me!

:Troll_Face:

The vibe im getting with Sarri is he REALLY wants this job and this is the pinnacle and reward of all the hard work he's put in during his life, all the pictures released he's grinning like a Cheshire cat.I also feel this could be a fruitful partnership as we have something the other wants, we want the football he offers and he wants trophy's, we have a winning mentality running through the club that gives him a high chance.

On 15/07/2018 at 05:33, Semper Fi said:

This is our team this season.

Caballero

azpilicueta- David Luiz -Rudiger- Alonso

Jorhingo

Kante  -  Fabregas

Pedro - Morata - Golovin

Mark my words.

No it isn't.

If Golovin signs he's playing CM, not the wing. 

Fabregas won't be playing box to box. 

David Luiz fails in a back 4.

We don't sell Hazard AND Willian without signing a big replacement. 

Caballero will never be more than a backup at any club.

7 hours ago, Argo said:

The vibe im getting with Sarri is he REALLY wants this job and this is the pinnacle and reward of all the hard work he's put in during his life, all the pictures released he's grinning like a Cheshire cat.I also feel this could be a fruitful partnership as we have something the other wants, we want the football he offers and he wants trophy's, we have a winning mentality running through the club that gives him a high chance.

So hope you're right with that vibe. Really want this to work but the pessimist in me says he won't be here this time next year.

Watching Napoli something I noticed with all the players they don't take more than two touches 90% of the time. Quick passing even if it's between the back 4 keeping the opposition moving so they can't get closed down.

Where as we Chelsea the back 4 especially Cahill takes the ball keeps it ties himself in knots and then boot's it out or upfield

With Alisson, Rugani, Golovin and Higuain:

Alisson (Caballero) - Azpi (Zappacosta) Rugani (Cahill) Rudiger (Christensen) Emerson (Alonso) - Kante (Drinkwater) Jorginho (Fabregas) Golovin (Loftus-Cheek) - Pedro (Moses) Higuain (Batshuayi) Hazard (Willian)

There would be a lot of central defenders (Luiz and Zouma, too), I think that someone should go. At the beginning, Rugani will be part of line up surely. Fabregas could play as CM too. If Chelsea signs Higuain, Morata will go away and I think that mr Sarri prefers Batshuayi to Giroud. With Hazard out, you could sign two young wingers, like Guedes, Lozano, Bailey.

On 15/07/2018 at 09:23, carrickblue said:

Story on WAGNH that none of his coaching staff are coming with him. 

Just had a quick look at the club's website. It It seems only Antonio Conte's name and picture has been removed for Sarri, but the entire backroom staff is still on the site, including brother  Gianluca Conte. No sign of Zola (yet), but Carlo is still there :wink:

3 hours ago, Brutos said:

Watching Napoli something I noticed with all the players they don't take more than two touches 90% of the time. Quick passing even if it's between the back 4 keeping the opposition moving so they can't get closed down.

Where as we Chelsea the back 4 especially Cahill takes the ball keeps it ties himself in knots and then boot's it out or upfield

or pass it to the edge of the oppo's box, then pass it all the way back to the keeper, who then hoofs it upfield and we lose possession.

Can anyone who actually knows, give a bit more of an insight into how good Sarri's English is?

I have seen it described as fluent, is that accurate? 

Edited by mclovin83

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

No it isn't.

If Golovin signs he's playing CM, not the wing. 

Fabregas won't be playing box to box. 

David Luiz fails in a back 4.

We don't sell Hazard AND Willian without signing a big replacement. 

Caballero will never be more than a backup at any club.

Im pretty sure this will be our setup and players. Im ready for it and I think we will do okay

18 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

Can anyone who actually knows, give a bit more of an insight into how good Sarri's English is?

I have seen it described as fluent, is that accurate? 

I think this answers your question. 

https://streamable.com/0jcn0

Chelsea tv interview with SArri in english. :p

Edited by Hazard10

Thanks for posting the interview guys, it's good to hear our new manager.

He seems confident and willing to give it all, also his English seems great for someone who hasn't spoken it in 30 years so it can only get better with lessons and living in an English speaking country. 

Edited by cRyptic

1 hour ago, Kev56 said:

or pass it to the edge of the oppo's box, then pass it all the way back to the keeper, who then hoofs it upfield and we lose possession.

This was my favorite part of watching Chelsea suffer last season.  

17 hours ago, Don Pablo said:

@naples You're a really nice guy! Thanks for coming on this forum :)

Thanks! As u can see from my long-winded comments I'm practising a lot my english writing :D

17 hours ago, JM7 said:

@naples Why was your owner so difficult over releasing Sarri? Was greed/money or is he just an idiot?

Maybe both,the second one for sure!! eheh seriously don't know,first time I see something like that. De Laurentiis is always very greedy,maybe he was sure someone whould have paid the clause,maybe he was bitter in some way with sarri cos their personal relationship were a little broken. Someone said he act like that because he was scaried Sarry could let his new team  buy some of our players who have a buyout clause,so the president wanted to have some contractual power with the new sarri's team (I give you Sarri for lower price + I give you Jorginho but you can't buy other our players Sarri could suggest you to buy,something like that). De Laurentiis is a very "unusual" person

And he quotes the Nobel prize winning author as his latest favourite writer - there's a certain added element of European sophistication in having a manager who reads serious literature.

If I had to guess, Mourinho's - for example - evening of leisure probably consist of watching Love Island, thinking "I would totally pull all the chicks if I was there".