Jump to content

Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed


dR3
 Share

Recommended Posts


 

"In Naples I was very lucky to find my players adapted to my way of football. They were strong as players, and strong from a human point of view. I was lucky to transport my idea of football onto the pitch, with the quality of these players.

"The players have to enjoy themselves. First of all, I hope the fans can enjoy the team. I want to bring enjoyment to the fans, the fans have to be proud of the team. One hundred per cent hard work and 90 per cent fun.

"It is impossible in my job to promise something else but I will surely give all in my possession to win something with Chelsea."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Munkworth said:

 

Sounds more like a poor mans Mikel to me!

 

:Troll_Face:

Eheh Jorg is good don't worry,but Mikel was good too no?

The fact is Jorginho is not yet a champion,but he could become in 1-2 years,first of all he sould start shoot and improve his scoring ability.To make a concrete example,we'll suffer for sure his absence,but we are not going nuts for having lost him,we changed the coach and bought a new talent so it's ok. I think u made a correct choice signing him, u have selected sarri so u need this kind of player. If you are thinking if was better Jorginho or Seri,I say Jorginho. If u wanted the star player of that position who has already reached top level,u had to sign Pjanic,who I think cost way more. After Pjanic seriously I don't see any  playmakers  around not impossible to afford better than Jorginho. Plus Jorginho already knows the coach and his movements that is not a trivial aspect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, naples said:

Eheh Jorg is good don't worry,but Mikel was good too no?

The fact is Jorginho is not yet a champion,but he could become in 1-2 years,first of all he sould start shoot and improve his scoring ability.To make a concrete example,we'll suffer for sure his absence,but we are not going nuts for having lost him,we changed the coach and bought a new talent so it's ok. I think u made a correct choice signing him, u have selected sarri so u need this kind of player. If you are thinking if was better Jorginho or Seri,I say Jorginho. If u wanted the star player of that position who has already reached top level,u had to sign Pjanic,who I think cost way more. After Pjanic seriously I don't see any  playmakers  around not impossible to afford better than Jorginho. Plus Jorginho already knows the coach and his movements that is not a trivial aspect

It's my duty to tell you that using text slang like "u" is a "no no", @moi will be along shortly to cart you off to the spelling room for extra English. :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, coco said:

It's my duty to tell you that using text slang like "u" is a "no no", @moi will be along shortly to cart you of to the spelling room for extra English. :wink:

Haha didn't know but got it thanks :smile:

Edited by naples
Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 minutes ago, enigma said:

What is the new chant for Maurizio going to be? 

It’ll be the same as Antonio but with Maurizio instead. We’re not an inventive bunch and songs with too many words don’t get sung. 

People couldn’t even be arsed with the two different verses of Marcus’ song at the Bridge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like a nice guy, well educated and passionate about the sport. Love the quote “I would give all my possessions for a trophy at chelsea”. 

Hopefully we have signed the next best thing and not another dud. I don’t anticipate us the Sarri era being full of trophies but some great moments on the pitch. 

Also, I’d actually forgotten what it’s like to have a manager who can actually speak English. Conte’s English was very limited and he dry with the media. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


He is an excellent coach with a in depth knowledge of the game. Despite the fact that he is recognized mainly for his free flowing attacking football he is very good at organizing the defensive play and in fact that is the area where he improved Napoli the most over the years.

His limits so far have been a certain integralism and lack of flexibility that sometimes went against him. Fans will need to be patient because generally he needs 2-3 months to get the team running

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's good and lovely person,is a "pure" man,so far and different from today's  public stars,he's genuine and passionate. But it has a downside too,majority of us neapolitans loved this downside to be honest. He worked years in the lower leagues where is not given much importance to the "form". I don't really know if he will succed to hide a little his true nature, if he will try or he will be the same like here. Because i don't know if he can act in England the same way he did here in Napoli. For example he could never become juventus coach,never in history (and not because he likes napoli and hates juventus)...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really liked his interview. Came across very well. His English is already better than both Carlo's & Conte's was when they took charge (no disrespect intended), and is only going to get better. 

He has a serious job on his hands though, let's make no mistake about it. Has a massive, massive task and very little time to implement anything before the season starts. 

I am fully behind him though, and really hope this is the start of something very fresh and exciting at Chelsea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Actually feel quite excited to watch this Sarri team and see us play more expansive. I guess like the club, we love winning trophies and have become accustomed to it. 

This feels different. It’s a unique appointment by the club. We don’t normally go for managers who haven’t won trophies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, enigma said:

What is the new chant for Maurizio going to be? 

 

10 hours ago, Munkworth said:

It’ll be the same as Antonio but with Maurizio instead. We’re not an inventive bunch and songs with too many words don’t get sung. 

People couldn’t even be arsed with the two different verses of Marcus’ song at the Bridge. 

"One Italian went to mow...."

 

Edit: Actually,  could accurately get in 6 verses now if referring to Italian CFC managers 

Edited by Barry Bridges
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Does anyone have any details on what players are already back at Cobham, and when the world cup players start to return? 

I read that the players that were involved up until the final/3rd place play off have been granted 3 weeks holiday, effectively meaning they miss all but 1 week of pre-season. 

I guess all Managers are going to be in the same boat, but it looks like it will be a very restricted pool of players that Sarri has to work with for the first few games of the season. Certainly the Charity Shield, which seems to be more of a friendly than ever before this season, looking at how it sits between other friendlies... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!