cRyptic

Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

3 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Stick with Sarri and rip this team apart and rebuild it. In no fecking way did his tactics cause this mess. Alonso should be f**king ashamed of himself tonight, and he’s not the only one. So tired of watching these players fall apart when the going gets tough.

You win the silly post award mate. Can’t defend him

I have had difficulty defending Sarri after the past few weeks and IMO we have finally reached the point of no return.

This feels like AVB at Tottenham - potentially getting sacked after repeated humiliations by Top 4 opponents. 

The problem is that I get the feeling any interim manager would just stabilise the side (so maybe coming 6th) before we wind up back to square one in the off-season, with a squad that with the exception of two players (one of which may be gone shortly) lacks world-class talent. 

4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Did you not watch our attempts at pressing the ball? Or the amount of space City had whenever they wanted it? What did Sarri do to address any of that, except make like-for-like subs?

I think he didn't realize when he came here, that his squad at Napoli is better than his squad here.

Given how the club operates he will either get fired after this game or if the club loses to Malmo in the first leg or get knocked out of the FA cup by man utd. I wish we would actually stick with a manager rather than this hiring and firing cycle but unfortunately, I don't see the board sharing that vision.

4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Did you not watch our attempts at pressing the ball? Or the amount of space City had whenever they wanted it? What did Sarri do to address any of that, except make like-for-like subs?

Sarri was known to have his team's press relentlessly when they don't have the ball, it's been a key part of the way he's always set out his sides to play.  Similar to how Klopp and Pep want their players to press

If the players are not pressing when they don't have the ball it's not that Sarri hasn't asked them to, it's because the players are not listening to his actual instructions. Again, we've had 3 managers all question these player's mentality, Sarri has also came out and said we are not playing the way he wan't us to and yet again the players have seemingly just downed tools when we realise we are not in a title race

12 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

You win the silly post award mate. Can’t defend him

I don't see what's so silly about what he's just said?

We've been needing a rebuild for years, we have serious mentality issues within our dressing room, we have a group of players who have a history of downing tools on managers and have a squad full of average sh*te

Sacking Sarri won't solve sh*t. We'll be back to square 1 in the Summer and the cycle will repeat

4 minutes ago, Sparkz said:

We've been needing a rebuild for years, we have serious mentality issues within our dressing room, we have a group of players who have a history of downing tools on managers and have a squad full of average sh*te

Sacking Sarri won't solve sh*t. We'll be back to square 1 in the Summer and the cycle will repeat

It’s a cycle that has seen us win league titles and a CL. The era we have been successful has been built around a sack and hire cycle.

Not going to be easy now other teams are better equipped but you can see why the club does it.

When you consider all the carry on about Conte's approach last season, it just shows you how silly that was. Today we did what those fans we clamouring for and you can now see the result.

This was naive management today. AVB MKII stuff. As crazy as it sounds, he could well be gone by the end of the month.

We should sell 7 oder 8 players und start to build up a team that loves the club and fights till the end.

When I look at Ross Barkley I get sick. "The new Frank Lampard" some said, when he came from the Toffees. Sell him for any price, he is crap. Alonso, Drinkwater, Luiz and others are not worth to wear the blue shirt - they should follow him immediately.

I´m not sure what to think of Sarri - may be we should give him another year. If we the play in the Championship, we all know, that it was Sarri and not the players.

Edited by nominator

Just now, dansubrosa said:

We May as well stick with Sarri and have a huge rebuild in the summer. I don’t see the point in sacking Sarri, especially not with this group of players.

Where is the evidence of this rebuild? 

We are not huge spenders anymore and a rebuild would be 200 plus million in today’s market. It’s not going to happen. We will add 3 or 4 at most and sell/loan out a few...that’s about it.

2 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Where is the evidence of this rebuild? 

We are not huge spenders anymore and a rebuild would be 200 plus million in today’s market. It’s not going to happen. We will add 3 or 4 at most and sell/loan out a few...that’s about it.

Unless we sell Hazard.

Kovacic most likely will go back to Madrid, so that’s already Hazard and Kovacic need replacing. Pedro and Willian are ageing, so one of them will go imo. We need a back up for Jorginho, we need to replace Giroud, etc etc etc.

He's been getting stick since he joined us. I was sure there was an agenda by the media once he came until now. The talk about him being old, trophyless and his football being termed "sarriball" (which nobody knows where it came from) seemed to perpetuate this narrative that he was battling against the side since he came to England. 

Exactly the problem. There needs to be a belief in the coach and the system. I am not a big fan of our board, but I doubt they sack him after investing in Jorginho and now Higuain. It would be illogical. 

Edited by enigma

34 minutes ago, Sparkz said:

Sarri was known to have his team's press relentlessly when they don't have the ball, it's been a key part of the way he's always set out his sides to play.  Similar to how Klopp and Pep want their players to press

If the players are not pressing when they don't have the ball it's not that Sarri hasn't asked them to, it's because the players are not listening to his actual instructions. Again, we've had 3 managers all question these player's mentality, Sarri has also came out and said we are not playing the way he wan't us to and yet again the players have seemingly just downed tools when we realise we are not in a title race

Exactly how I see it as well, we don't press as a team. It is all half hearted, and imo it is why Sarri does not worry if Hazard leaves, because Hazard does not follow instructions along with 4 or 5 others

This cycle ends long ago. We was just lucky, that we get managers like Mou and Conte. They win us the title with their coaching level. Managers was better, not the player.
For long time we don`t have the best team in the league, we don`t even have the second best team in the league and this is to be expected.

Conte said it perfectly, you can`t expect a miracle every season. You can do miracle over and over ago.

And pls stop with this formation and player things, cause fans are using this s... everytime when the results are not good enough. It was the same with Jose, with Ancelotti before that, with Conte.

You have to understand you don`t know better then the coach, who the best starting 11 is, for the style and football the manager wants us to play.

They are with the team every day and they know best. They see them not only on matches, but training as well.
Conte in his second year tried probably 4 different system, neither works. Players was doing great s**** .

I see thousand of people crying for Kovacic to be put on the bench. So what? Sarri do it, but was it any difference with Barkley? Now people are crying about Jorginho, and why Sarri keep playing him. Are you real for that ? With whop exactly you want him to replace it ?

Ruben Loftus-Cheek can`t build our game, and hes defence quality is exactly zero.

Same for Alonso. Two weeks ago you was crying about Ederson and how bad he is. Now you slam Sarri for putting Alonso.
But what choice he have?

Check City subs, check ours.

City motivation is on higher level. The players knows for what their are fighting, unlike our primadonas, that if something didn`t go their way, they simply stop playing and doing sh** and are firing managers.

Willian didn`t wait much, and do the s*** with Conte on the FA Cup picture.
How in the blue hell he was allowed to do that by the board ?
That just shows how clueless our board is.

It`s all Roman fault, firstable for giving that much power to Marina and secondable for firing so much world class managers.

Didn`t you say we will change for good, when wanted Conte head ? Didn`t you want this sexy attacking football ?

You will change Sarri with who ? Zolla simpy isn`t a good manager and he won`t do a ****.

Even if we get a little bit of stability with him, it will be a temporary.

And it`s seems we don`t have as much money to spend nowdays, but we continue to give free money away for manager compensation. How idi**** is that ?

And what will change exactly ? In 3-4 months time we will be even worst.

The problems lies in the board, lack of view of project, and to support and follow that project, in the player, and their mentality and also the power they are giving by the board.

You would have sacked Pep Guardiola here.
In our first season most of the guys here was calling him a fraud and that he was revealed. Now the same people swear at him and how good he is.

He really is that good, but he get all the support, he get all the power, and he already have world class team, unlike us. He also get unlimited time and to work on non-stress job, unlike here.

No matter how bad results he have in his first season, and he have some very poor one, like 4-0 to Everton and few other with such a result, there wasn`t a single time where hes name was in the press and it`s to say he is in danger of being fired. He fu**** in the CL as well, but nothing. He still get all the support.

I still can`t get it in my head how this clueless board could have f**** so hard with Conte the second year.
They should have just giving him everything he wanted. If he failed to bring result in the next 2 year, then okay - fired him. There won`t be a single person on the earth to disagree with them.

Now similar s*** with Sarri. Yeah he was given Jorginho, and Higuain, but Higuain just now. Also he was appointed so late, he missed almost the whole preseason.
And what you expected ?
His style of football is completely different to everything we played so far. Also we was playing 3 in the back. You expect in a half year to play exactly like Napoli and beat almost everyone ? Can`t happen.
As well Napoli failed to deliver titles, as well as in Italy there is only 1 strong team - Juventus. And yet Napoli give Juve run for their money, at the end they was behind.

Sarri is a good manager that could bring result, not titles. Yet no one can give us titles anymore, because players are not good enough, and no top tier manager will want to come in here.

If anything i blame him the most for the idi*** act to not shake Pep hand. It really shows lack of class.

Edited by loshlosh

1 minute ago, enigma said:

Exactly the problem. There needs to be a belief in the coach and the system. I am not a big fan of our board, but I doubt they sack him after investing in Jorginho and now Higuain. It would be illogical. 

I don't believe in the coach anymore. If the game had ended 4:0 I would have still backed him, but that penalty shows that he got nothing done this game. Hazard never gets a 1v1 situation anymore but Azpi had no backup and made a foul for the penalty, Azpi who has been consistent as a player as one can be for years commits that foul there. It's all on Sarri.

I don't trust that he can turn things around, not even with Rugani,Pulisic and Tammy. He will continue to lose away games by a big margin. We don't even deserve to qualify for the Champions league with this squad.

12 minutes ago, Sparkz said:

I agree. At the same time, I don’t know. I’ve defended Sarri so far. Obviously I can’t ignore the past few weeks. And today was shocking. But we have too small a sample so far to be sure he is the problem rather than one or more of the numerous other things discussed on here: spineless squad with no leaders, incompetent board, lack of ambition at the club/board level (let’s face it compared to say Liverpool on these measures we are just an embarrassment), an owner-in-exile who maybe doesn’t care, “other”...? Until we’re absolutely sure it’s Sarri and not one of those other things, we should stick with him - at least till the end of the season.

31 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

It’s a cycle that has seen us win league titles and a CL. The era we have been successful has been built around a sack and hire cycle.

Not going to be easy now other teams are better equipped but you can see why the club does it.

Your point about other teams being better equipped is the key here. It’s not like if Huddersfield started hiring and firing managers like crazy, they’d suddenly start winning stuff. Our successes were not because of the hire/fire cycle but because we were better equipped financially and otherwise relative to the rest than we are now. 

Just now, abramovich said:

And therein lies the problem, Maurizio.

His football is not going to get us a top 4 finish. Nor do we have the players for his football. He knows it. And he doesn't care.