cRyptic

Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

What pleases me the best is that we finally got a manager focused exclusively on the football. No mind games, no moaning, no jabs to the media or the board. the good environment has arrived at last.

1 hour ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

What pleases me the best is that we finally got a manager focused exclusively on the football. No mind games, no moaning, no jabs to the media or the board. the good environment has arrived at last.

I think this could be key in keeping hazard, Sarri wants to enjoy himself and play his football and Eden has said before he just wants to be happy and enjoy himself on the pitch. It's just a shame he's not going to be involved in pre-season for a couple of weeks yet.

1 hour ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

I know it's way too soon to say, but from what has been written and spoken, it does sound like Roman is going to give more time to the next manager, in this case, Sarri. He has wanted good football for a long time (trying to get Pep) and he's also given Mourinho and Conte more time when he could have sacked them sooner. Sarri has a two year contract, so at least he gets two years. We have the Europa league to play for, so not so much pressure on making top four. It will be interesting next 12 months. 

I wonder how pressure/expectation the club has put on Sarri to make Top 4 this season. It surely has to be up there as list of priorities in place of trophies?

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

I wonder how pressure/expectation the club has put on Sarri to make Top 4 this season. It surely has to be up there as list of priorities in place of trophies?

My view is that top 4 and a trophy should remain the target this season. 

The difference (from previous seasons) for me, is that should we achieve neither, but clear progress has been made in the implementation of a new style & philosophy of football, ideally with the much awaited integration of some youth prospects, then I would be happy. Basically as long as we are moving in the right direction in terms of the big picture, then I think Sarri should get a 'free pass' for his first season. 

Pep won nothing in his first season whilst inheriting the best squad in the league and having unlimited resources. 

Mourinho inherited the most expensive squad in world football (at the time), spent a further £150M, and finished 6th. 

Poch is yet to win anything. 

Klopp is yet to win anything. 

I think we have to be realistic. The current crop have won trophies in the last 3 years. We have also finished outside the top 4 in 2 of the last 3 seasons. 

Sarri has barely got a pre-season with the full squad, and has to travel around the world in the short space of time he does have. It's a massive task at hand and it would be crazy to expect him to implement a new style of play with no bumps along the way. 

I think this will be a real test of how patient both the club and the fans are in the desire to see a new brand of football being played at Stamford Bridge. It's easier to say you will be patient (this applies to me as well), but when it comes down to it, if we are mid-table at Christmas it will be an awful lot harder. 

Obviously I hope we hit the ground running, but I think we have to be realistic for the first season at least. 

Edited by mclovin83

Prime Roman(sorry, couldn't resist :D ) would have released Mourinho and Conte waaaaaay sooner than the moment he actually did it. they gave him no choice but to fire them, the way they acted in their finals months.

So unless some catastrophic events or standings, I suppose this is the man that will get the club through entire process of rebuilding the stadium.

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

I think it depends on what the squad looks like when the window closes. Right now I don't think sarri is under heavy pressure to finish in the top 4, but if we end up signing Alisson, Rugani, Higuian, and Golovin, aswell as keeping hazard and Kante, then i think the club will be expecting at least a top 4 finish. 

We have a decent opening fixture list, so hopefully we can still win games early on, whilst the squad and sarri adjust to the new tactics, and league. 

23 hours ago, Raff_Sarrista said:

Sarri is a genius, language couldn't be a problem.

Can I see training of the team anywhere?

Not really no.

Only thing we have is a daily 15 minute summary on Chelsea tv that shows some footage of what the players did and then usually a short interview with 1 of the players. 

I think it's called "Blues news". In order to see it you're either going to have to subscribe to Chelsea tv (pay), find a live stream somewhere or wait for someone to record it and post it on twitter or youtube. 

I think last year someone always recorded it and posted it on youtube. 

Although results matter the most, playing good football will go a long way to keep the board/fans being patient with him. Let's not kidding ourselves, even with 3-4 signings and keeping Hazard, we won't be winning 3-4 games on the trot into the new season. I expect similar kind of start as Conte's first start, players need time on/off the field to cope with the new system. At least we want to see the team progressing and being positive, unlike some of the games last season we basically just didn't show up. The 0:1 to City was probably the most one sided 1:0 I have seen, even when trailing Conte set out the team to protect the game, we didn't even land a punch in the game, and Pep had the luxury to insult us by putting on a 19 year old with a couple of minutes to go.

What is the latest with Zola? Sky reported he was to be names assistant on Saturday when they announced Sarri, but nothing has been made official since then that I am aware of? 

I also read somewhere that Sarri was bringing in an alternative assistant from Italy...

6 hours ago, enigma said:

I know it's way too soon to say, but from what has been written and spoken, it does sound like Roman is going to give more time to the next manager, in this case, Sarri. He has wanted good football for a long time (trying to get Pep) and he's also given Mourinho and Conte more time when he could have sacked them sooner. Sarri has a two year contract, so at least he gets two years. We have the Europa league to play for, so not so much pressure on making top four. It will be interesting next 12 months. 

I think that's been the case for a while now tbh.

You could argue the prior track record's of the pair played some part but Jose had to f**k up beyond all comprehension and Conte had to fall out with almost everyone at the club for their jobs to be under threat.

I think the only thing that could threaten Sarri's job in the first season would be if we are diving down the league with no sign of improvement in the style of play, other than that he will get a second season minimum.

5 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Prime Roman(sorry, couldn't resist :D ) would have released Mourinho and Conte waaaaaay sooner than the moment he actually did it. they gave him no choice but to fire them, the way they acted in their finals months.

So unless some catastrophic events or standings, I suppose this is the man that will get the club through entire process of rebuilding the stadium.

What rebuilding the stadium process would that be?

8 hours ago, mclovin83 said:

My view is that top 4 and a trophy should remain the target this season. 

The difference (from previous seasons) for me, is that should we achieve neither, but clear progress has been made in the implementation of a new style & philosophy of football, ideally with the much awaited integration of some youth prospects, then I would be happy. Basically as long as we are moving in the right direction in terms of the big picture, then I think Sarri should get a 'free pass' for his first season. 

Pep won nothing in his first season whilst inheriting the best squad in the league and having unlimited resources. 

Mourinho inherited the most expensive squad in world football (at the time), spent a further £150M, and finished 6th. 

Poch is yet to win anything. 

Klopp is yet to win anything. 

I think we have to be realistic. The current crop have won trophies in the last 3 years. We have also finished outside the top 4 in 2 of the last 3 seasons. 

Sarri has barely got a pre-season with the full squad, and has to travel around the world in the short space of time he does have. It's a massive task at hand and it would be crazy to expect him to implement a new style of play with no bumps along the way. 

I think this will be a real test of how patient both the club and the fans are in the desire to see a new brand of football being played at Stamford Bridge. It's easier to say you will be patient (this applies to me as well), but when it comes down to it, if we are mid-table at Christmas it will be an awful lot harder. 

Obviously I hope we hit the ground running, but I think we have to be realistic for the first season at least. 

Cracking post

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hazard playing up front in the CF role, as if we are going to play a pressing game high up the pitch he will have support unlike in a 3-5-2 last season.

After looking at the clips of 'Sarriball' it occurred to me that Jorginho, Kante and RLC might play together, Kante as the box to box MF, Jorginho as the creative and believe it or not RLC as the stopper at the base of the midfield.

I see Willian on the right and think Sarri might bring in Hudson- Odoi on the left, not having seen him much, can he play there?

29 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hazard playing up front in the CF role, as if we are going to play a pressing game high up the pitch he will have support unlike in a 3-5-2 last season.

After looking at the clips of 'Sarriball' it occurred to me that Jorginho, Kante and RLC might play together, Kante as the box to box MF, Jorginho as the creative and believe it or not RLC as the stopper at the base of the midfield.

I see Willian on the right and think Sarri might bring in Hudson- Odoi on the left, not having seen him much, can he play there?

He can but id be shocked if he went into the season with a 17 year old starting games regularly.

4 hours ago, umb said:

miss him soo much. u gonna have fun guys, cheer up!

It all depends on who goes and who stays. It we sell Courtois, Hazard and Willian, then i don't expect much at all from Chelsea this season, even with Sarri in charge.

I feel like he is destined to fail here. There is just too much happening now. Courtois and Hazard leaving, Roman kicked out of the country, no Emenalo, Board “afk” most of the time and incompetent when not dormant (made a complete mess of negotiations to get him here)... Just too much going on right now. 

Before you go on and claim we took Jorginho from under Citys nose, we all know the only reason why he came here was due to Sarri. They were a double deal and more then likely Sarri wanted Jorginho before he would accept our offer.