Zeta

Jorginho is a Blue

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

In part, yes. I do think there are times where he can release the ball a bit quicker though. There has been plenty of opportunites where he could have moved the ball on quicker like he was doing at the start of the season. The whole team seems to have slowed down a fair amount compared to then. Either it's a confidence issue or it's under Sarri's instruction.

Someone made a good point on here imo, in regards to the lack of time on the training pitch due to playing every 3 days or so. For me it is a possible reason for a decline in the performances. However last night was the best team performance for while imo.

Remember when Pep went all out to get this guy and we beat them now imagine him in Cities team with the movement of Sane, Sterling, Aguero , Both Slivas and Mahrez?

Had we not sign him you would see the vile abuse ain't at the board thing's like" worst board in history" "Disgusting board" "unless board" "fu*king this or that" blah blah blah....

I could go one..

Some fans still don't understand what his role is they just make emotional statement because they believe they know about the game from playing football manager or FIFA

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

Remember when Pep went all out to get this guy and we beat them now imagine him in Cities team with the movement of Sane, Sterling, Aguero , Both Slivas and Mahrez?

Had we not sign him you would see the vile abuse ain't at the board thing's like" worst board in history" "Disgusting board" "unless board" "fu*king this or that" blah blah blah....

I could go one..

Some fans still don't understand what his role is they just make emotional statement because they believe they know about the game from playing football manager or FIFA

I don't think he would be a regular first choice in their midfield.

That 's opinion based on observation of his performances rather than emotion.

Now I am off to play pontoon as I have never owned a PlayStation.

I don't think he would be a regular first choice in their midfield.
That 's opinion based on observation of his performances rather than emotion.
Now I am off to play pontoon as I have never owned a PlayStation.

He certainly would have been if you understand what he is there to do...a lot of people have a misconception of his role which leads to false expectations

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

no no no no no no

Why the f**k not......I cant be the only one missing Kante, the consistent World class one week in week out. Why cant Jhorgo play further up? Sure he can. Kante will never become a consistent creator or scorer......but you can bet he will deliver every game further back. This aint a diss on the system or Sarii but I really doubt any elite manager would use Kante up there in every game.

13 minutes ago, atomis said:

Why the f**k not......I cant be the only one missing Kante, the consistent World class one week in week out. Why cant Jhorgo play further up? Sure he can. Kante will never become a consistent creator or scorer......but you can bet he will deliver every game further back. This aint a diss on the system or Sarii but I really doubt any elite manager would use Kante up there in every game.

Kante looks more dangerous than any of our midfielders currently. Jorginho is not going to get into the positions that Kante does.

13 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Kante looks more dangerous than any of our midfielders currently. Jorginho is not going to get into the positions that Kante does.

Yeah that speaks volume of our midfielders when it comes to being dangerous.......

37 minutes ago, atomis said:

Read further back in this thread or the numerous pages in the Kante and Sarri thread to see why these players play where they do. Cba to go over it again.

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

If you think Jorginho would work further up then I can only gather you have not seen very much of him.

i've seen plenty......not impressed me yet, but I do believe NeXT season will see more hopefuly.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Read further back in this thread or the numerous pages in the Kante and Sarri thread to see why these players play where they do. Cba to go over it again.

Thats opinion based....many like him there and many would love him further back.

2 hours ago, atomis said:

Kante is still putting in world class performances week in week out. He's been our standout performer this year alongside Hazard.

58 minutes ago, atomis said:

i've seen plenty......not impressed me yet, but I do believe NeXT season will see more hopefuly.

Thats opinion based....many like him there and many would love him further back.

Stick Kante at holding mid and watch us fail to play out from the back. Would be hilariously bad. 

11 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Stick Kante at holding mid and watch us fail to play out from the back. Would be hilariously bad. 

I honestly don't understand why people are so desperate to limit kantes effectiveness by sticking him in a tight circle on the pitch, his entire game is to be box to box. 

44 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

Kante is still putting in world class performances week in week out. He's been our standout performer this year alongside Hazard.

Nahh im not sure I can call it world class displays week in week out.......he's been good overall but far from his best pre Sarii. Sure its a new system and style etc, but still a far greater monster further back......so far anyway.

9 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Then you dont give him enough credit.......

1 minute ago, dkw said:

I honestly don't understand why people are so desperate to limit kantes effectiveness by sticking him in a tight circle on the pitch, his entire game is to be box to box. 

And many of us could say the opposite..........did we all imagine Kante being a monster pre Sarii? Its not a diss on Sarii, just that Kante was more effective further back than all they way up front. Im not the first nor the last to mention this. In any case we dont have a say on the matter anyway.....just opinions going around.

6 minutes ago, atomis said:

And many of us could say the opposite..........did we all imagine Kante being a monster pre Sarii? Its not a diss on Sarii, just that Kante was more effective further back than all they way up front. Im not the first nor the last to mention this. In any case we dont have a say on the matter anyway.....just opinions going around.

pre-Sarri when he played box to box with Matic holding? Or are we talking Leicester days when he played box to box whilst DD held? Just checking.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

I must be watching different games from most users on this forum, Kante for me this season is levels behind the player he was during his first two seasons here, he's too sloppy. 

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

pre-Sarri when he played box to box with Matic holding? Or are we talking Leicester days when he played box to box whilst DD held? Just checking.

He still played further back under Conte than he does under Sarri, I think that's the point he's making. He was much more of a ball winner then, to call him box to box player then would be inaccurate imo. 

27 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He still played further back under Conte than he does under Sarri, I think that's the point he's making. He was much more of a ball winner then, to call him box to box player then would be inaccurate imo. 

Thank you.....my point exactly.

4 hours ago, atomis said:

Why the f**k not......I cant be the only one missing Kante, the consistent World class one week in week out. 

And you certainly won't get that version back if you play him as sitting DM.

6 hours ago, Brutos said:

He certainly would have been if you understand what he is there to do...a lot of people have a misconception of his role which leads to false expectations

Who would he keep out of the Citeh starting midfield? If you say Fernandinho I will laugh.

1 hour ago, atomis said:

And many of us could say the opposite..........did we all imagine Kante being a monster pre Sarii? 

Yes, in a position that doesn't exist in Sarri's system, it makes me laugh when people say "swap him for Jorginho so he goes back to his best position" that position limits him infinity times more than the current one does.

If you want Kante at his absolute best then we revert to 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 and play strictly on the counter. 

1 minute ago, just said:

Who would he keep out of the Citeh starting midfield? If you say Fernandinho I will laugh.

Fernandinho is 34 at the end of the season, he would have been signed as his long term successor with a gradual switching of the guards not too dissimilar to what Pep is doing with the two Silva's.

Just now, Argo said:

Fernandinho is 34 at the end of the season, he would have been signed as his long term successor with a gradual switching of the guards not too dissimilar to what Pep is doing with the two Silva's.

I agree he would likely have been on the bench mostly. Especially as Fernandinho has been their most consistent midfielder this season.