Jorginho is a Blue

I honestly don't know how he was so successful from the spot for so long, it's really easy to save them. Just don't move until the last moment, then it's always low to the left or low to the right, never high, never in the corner. You could either get a 50-50 of saving it by just randomly choosing at the last moment, or if you've got decent enough reactions, just wait and see. The technique relies totally on the keeper moving first and putting it the other way, if he doesn't, the pens are piss-poor.

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Don't wanna see him taking penalties in clutch moments again.

In a penalty shootout yes but not in these moments when we're trailing, he missed just like this at the start of the season against Liverpool when we were down 2 goals and with a player less, he clearly chokes in those moments.

6 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I honestly don't know how he was so successful from the spot for so long, it's really easy to save them. Just don't move until the last moment, then it's always low to the left or low to the right, never high, never in the corner. You could either get a 50-50 of saving it by just randomly choosing at the last moment, or if you've got decent enough reactions, just wait and see. The technique relies totally on the keeper moving first and putting it the other way, if he doesn't, the pens are piss-poor.

Agreed. His penalties are trying to be like Hazards but are a million miles away from being anywhere near as good.

Just get someone who can blast them FFS.

Don’t ever wanna see him take a penalty again for Chelsea.

Literally if the keeper dives the right way he saves it.

So it is 50/50 whether he scores from penalties if a goalkeeper dives, they have worked that out now.

We need someone who can thump the ball on target from 12 yards, then it increases from the 50% success rate

Surely that isn’t too hard to ask for...

34 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I think his penalty technique has been found out. It was nice while it lasted but I wouldn’t make him our second taker anymore.

I think he can still take penalties as he's strong on the mental side of it, he's well experienced in taking pens under big pressure. But it may be time to just take them normally instead.

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

I think he can still take penalties as he's strong on the mental side of it, he's well experienced in taking pens under big pressure. But it may be time to just take them normally instead.

Better still, just give the penalties to someone else. He was the last person I wanted to see stepping up to take that one today - have lost all faith in the bloke.

14 hours ago, 2211 said:

Don’t ever wanna see him take a penalty again for Chelsea.

Literally if the keeper dives the right way he saves it.

So it is 50/50 whether he scores from penalties if a goalkeeper dives, they have worked that out now.

We need someone who can thump the ball on target from 12 yards, then it increases from the 50% success rate

Surely that isn’t too hard to ask for...

Bang on. Jorginho's penalty style relies on the keeper second guessing him and him having good disguise on his run up. Now the rules are being more rigorously applied with the keeper having to have a foot firmly planted on the line it gives the taker a tremendous advantage as long as there is sufficient pace on the ball. If that had been Frank taking the kick in what could have been a crucial time to get an undeserved point, he would have gone straight down the middle with power into the roof of the net, the keeper having no chance to react.  

1 hour ago, charierre said:

Bang on. Jorginho's penalty style relies on the keeper second guessing him and him having good disguise on his run up. Now the rules are being more rigorously applied with the keeper having to have a foot firmly planted on the line it gives the taker a tremendous advantage as long as there is sufficient pace on the ball. If that had been Frank taking the kick in what could have been a crucial time to get an undeserved point, he would have gone straight down the middle with power into the roof of the net, the keeper having no chance to react.  

That is why Jorginho should not take another penalty this season, the hop step and shot should not work if the keeper plays to the rules.

To me it was kind of obvious and I was thinking surely not Jorginho now.

59 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

He can be a good player in the same way Cesc can be in the right setup, he's just not suitable for this team or maybe even this league.

Sorry Sonic but Jorginho is nowhere near the same quality as Fabregas, not even remotely close.

I remember when it was first mooted that he would be arriving with Sarri, someone on here said he would be as good as Pirlo. Jesus, that has to be the worst prediction that has ever been made on The Shed End forums!