Jorginho is a Blue

47 minutes ago, coco said:

Jorginho's pass to Mount was just a pass, Mount turned it into an opening by cleverly backing up between two defenders. Tammy went for the cutback which probably was the right choice as the defenders left him, Mason was trying to find Havertz, should of passed it to Tammy.

No, it was a visionary pass by Jorginho, he clearly knew Mount was going to do that trick so really it was Jorginho who made it all happen.

Even his passes to Kovacic next to him is out of this world, he stops, points, take a few more touches, and then lay the ball off for Kovacic to dribble. Jorginho knew this was going to happen.

He’s one of the greatest players to have played in the league, up there with Havertz.

Now I’m going to find some pictures and stats to prove it.

6 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

No, it was a visionary pass by Jorginho, he clearly knew Mount was going to do that trick so really it was Jorginho who made it all happen.

Even his passes to Kovacic next to him is out of this world, he stops, points, take a few more touches, and then lay the ball off for Kovacic to dribble. Jorginho knew this was going to happen.

He’s one of the greatest players to have played in the league, up there with Havertz.

Now I’m going to find some pictures and stats to prove it.

Clearly it's just a sideway pass, the wind and the rain made it come to Mount so it shouldn't even count as a progressive pass, Jorginho rigged the game!

You would think that after Sarri/Lampard and now Tuchel used Jorginho for stability that there is something there that he brings that the squad needs but sure all those coaches are clearly clueless, even the Italian national team is clueless.

Jorginho's only fault is that he plays for the fans that dislike him no matter what he does.

16 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

He looked more dynamic than in a long time I thought, especially in the start. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him sprinting WITH the ball a couple of times. Thought he had a decent game.

I expected you would be back in here you old vagabond you. But it's obvious you were making it up when you said "sprinting". He is the slowest central midfielder in the Premier League by miles. When he plays he is the main reason our translation play is so slow.

I'll admit I laughed in the first half when he caressed a perfectly weighted 8 yard ball directly into touch! And when, under no pressure whatsoever, he passed the ball directly to the nearest Wolves player........ Twice! 

1 minute ago, just said:

I expected you would be back in here you old vagabond you. But it's obvious you were making it up when you said "sprinting". He is the slowest central midfielder in the Premier League by miles. When he plays he is the main reason our translation play is so slow.

I'll admit I laughed in the first half when he caressed a perfectly weighted 8 yard ball directly into touch! And when, under no pressure whatsoever, he passed the ball directly to the nearest Wolves player........ Twice! 

I didn't want to deal with all the negativity around Franks sacking, except to defend Rudigers from the rabid mob once.

But I'm not lying, there were two occasions when Jorgi actually really sprinted with the ball inside space in the first half. I thought it was noteworthy since I have never seen him do that. Not under Sarri, not under Frank and not in the national team. If you want to talk about players that need to be removed from the starting XI for passing to the opposition you should take a look at Chillwell, who for some reason also blatantly ignored Havertz half the game.

2 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

I didn't want to deal with all the negativity around Franks sacking, except to defend Rudigers from the rabid mob once.

But I'm not lying, there were two occasions when Jorgi actually really sprinted with the ball inside space in the first half. I thought it was noteworthy since I have never seen him do that. Not under Sarri, not under Frank and not in the national team. If you want to talk about players that need to be removed from the starting XI for passing to the opposition you should take a look at Chillwell, who for some reason also blatantly ignored Havertz half the game.

Nice effort in trying to deflect the focus away from Jorginho and on to Chilwell.

But yet again, even in a formation with wing backs in place, and with the opposition not offering any sort of sustained pressure on our midfield at all, he was completely unable to produce even one single noteworthy contribution.

If it was Barkley or Loftus-Cheek that had produced that level of performance you would be tearing them a new arsehole!

14 hours ago, just said:

Page 1.

Well, hhhmmm. Errrr. OK, let's start with the worst players from the Italian leagues to ever play for us. Christian Panucci. Juan Cuadrado. Gabriele Ambrosetti. Jorginho.

Mutu 🙂

8 minutes ago, just said:

Nice effort in trying to deflect the focus away from Jorginho and on to Chilwell.

But yet again, even in a formation with wing backs in place, and with the opposition not offering any sort of sustained pressure on our midfield at all, he was completely unable to produce even one single noteworthy contribution.

If it was Barkley or Loftus-Cheek that had produced that level of performance you would be tearing them a new arsehole!

Seems like you enjoyed watching us getting stuffed as long as Jorginho didn't play this season didn't you?

4 minutes ago, just said:

I don't think I need a big effort to see Chilwell was our worst player on the pitch yesterday. It's a fact.

I said Jorgi sprints were noteworthy, because I've never seen him do them, not because they were a big contribution to our game. It was a -apparently bad- joke. Still, I thought he had a decent game for his capabilities and style of play, not very good but certainly not as bad as some are trying to make it look because their feelings got hurt when the second coming of Jesus had to sit on the bench for 80 minutes...

Please find a post of me tearing into Ross or Ruben. I'll wait. Jorgi is one of the players in our squad I'm most critical of simply because of the style of player he is and his lack of physical attributes. Doesn't mean I have to lose perspective though.

On 27/12/2020 at 16:28, just said:

The results the last four league games:

Emerson benched X

Emerson benched X

Emerson start ✓

Emerson benched X

But apparently he’s not the answer 😴

Remember, this Gol? I'm certain you do.

The difference between me and you is, well between you and nearly everyone else actually, is that we form an opinion on a player with our eyes based on what they actually do, not on their statistics. The case I gave above regarding him regularly putting his team mates in trouble by returning the ball straight back to them when they are being pressed is a prime example. It is really poor play in the context of what is happening in the game at the moment, but nevertheless it will show as a completed pass on the stats and that's ultimately what you judge him on.

8 minutes ago, just said:

Remember, this Gol? I'm certain you do.

The difference between me and you is, well between you and nearly everyone else actually, is that we form an opinion on a player with our eyes based on what they actually do, not on their statistics. The case I gave above regarding him regularly putting his team mates in trouble by returning the ball straight back to them when they are being pressed is a prime example. It is really poor play in the context of what is happening in the game at the moment, but nevertheless it will show as a completed pass on the stats and that's ultimately what you judge him on.

So the fact that Emerson did a good job as a backup for Chilwell is also not an indication that he has been doing well for us this season either?

Once you set your own opinion about a player that's it, nothing will ever change it, but that doesn't make your view the right one.

If Jorginho was so bad and so useless which is how you constantly describe him, can you explain why did Sarri choose to rely on him, why did Lampard rely on him last season and why did Tuchel decide to rely on him in his first game? Why does the Italian national team have him? Why did Lampard suddenly start playing him again when he really needed some wins?

I base my opinion on facts and the fact is that around Jorginho we managed to finish top 3 and top 4, when Lampard didn't use Jorginho this season we looked more clueless and couldn't even survive the first 45 minutes of many games that we played.

It can't be that the people that talked good about Jorginho such as Sarri,Pep,Lampard are all wrong but a sofa manager like you is just above all that and knows better...

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Clearly it's just a sideway pass, the wind and the rain made it come to Mount so it shouldn't even count as a progressive pass, Jorginho rigged the game!

You would think that after Sarri/Lampard and now Tuchel used Jorginho for stability that there is something there that he brings that the squad needs but sure all those coaches are clearly clueless, even the Italian national team is clueless.

Jorginho's only fault is that he plays for the fans that dislike him no matter what he does.

Sarri used Jorginho.

Under Lamps our best midfield was Kante holding with Mount and Havertz or Kovacic next to him.

Tuchel has been here one game, you can't make a claim on whether he fancies him yet. 

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Sarri used Jorginho.

Under Lamps our best midfield was Kante holding with Mount and Havertz or Kovacic next to him.

Tuchel has been here one game, you can't make a claim on whether he fancies him yet. 

I'd put forward Gilmour, Barkley, Mount as the midfield that looked the best ... Kovacic and Jorginho are in the same basket for me. Tidy players but ultimately very vanilla .... we need to set our bar much higher, like we used to have with Lamps, Maka, Essien, Ballack etc etc. I'd even take Mikel over either of them, but I definitely wouldn't want a midfield with two Mikel's in it ...

And as for Kante, well he is a great player in a counter-attacking team ... which we aren't ... which is why successive managers have flailed about trying to find a role for him, none of which have really worked. Maybe Tuchel will find an answer to that. We shall see ...

Edited by Sexyfootball
1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Sarri used Jorginho.

Not really. Lampard used Jorginho last season, when he used him this season in the startling lineup we only lost 1 game. Tuchel may not use Jorginho but he chose to do it in his first game, if Jorginho was totally useless like people comment about him not even Tuchel would have started the game with him, but fact is that now 3 managers have used Jorginho.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Not really. Lampard used Jorginho last season, when he used him this season in the startling lineup we only lost 1 game. Tuchel may not use Jorginho but he chose to do it in his first game, if Jorginho was totally useless like people comment about him not even Tuchel would have started the game with him, but fact is that now 3 managers have used Jorginho.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Jorginho played against Liverpool and Arsenal, both of which we lost and got overrun in midfield.

Was also no use in helping us create chances against one of the worst Wolves sides we've seen in years, especially when we usually have good results against Wolves.

8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but Jorginho played against Liverpool and Arsenal, both of which we lost and got overrun in midfield.

Was also no use in helping us create chances against one of the worst Wolves sides we've seen in years, especially when we usually have good results against Wolves.

You're right he did play in both of those games but he only started against Liverpool, we had a chance there but Christensen got a red card and in the second half they scored and Jorginho missed a penalty.

Against Arsenal we were 2:0 down at half time, then he came on and it finished 3:1 with him missing a penalty there too so that second half finished 1:1.

I'm not saying that he will be a key player for Tuchel. I just know it's very far from him being so bad for us since we did well with him overall, he makes a lot of progressive passes and we are in control of the game more often in comparison to when Kante was in front of the backline where we didn't really control the game even when we were leading.

In order to finish top 4 we should use what works and clearly having Jorginho hasn't damaged us, he's seen as a weak defensive player but even so with him we had plenty of clean sheets.

Edited by Gol15

I just don't get the critism of any of our 5 who were back in the buildup yesterday. We had the ball the whole game we constantly found wingers with space. The game bogged down with Chillwell. It may not be his fault, but he doesn't really take playes on well. If we had the same thing on the left as we did on the right with CHO the whole match, we would have run away with it.

27 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

I just don't get the critism of any of our 5 who were back in the buildup yesterday. We had the ball the whole game we constantly found wingers with space. The game bogged down with Chillwell. It may not be his fault, but he doesn't really take playes on well. If we had the same thing on the left as we did on the right with CHO the whole match, we would have run away with it.

You mean like Alonso or CHO on the left and James on the right? We had options.

Just as Alonson is a really good wingback and a hopeless leftback, Chilwell is the reverse imo.

49 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

I agree with this. I wanted Alonso on at half time, or James on and Odoi swapped wings, although it's a pretty harsh call 45 mins into your first game as manager (to hook Chillwell). I don't think Chillwell thinks quickly enough when he receives the ball under pressure, and he often plays loose balls back into midfield. 

Edited by Hessleboink