Jorginho is a Blue

Played well today. Alonso really should of finished off his cross and he played his part in the opening goal as well. The hate he gets is bizarre and it’s probably due to the sarri connection. Similar to the hate Mount gets on social media due to being perceived as a Lampard favourite. 

Given Tuchels comments on Kante I’d expect him to come straight back into the team now. Be interesting to see if Jorginho or Kovacic who I also thought was very good today drops out.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Doesn't change the fact that you prefer us to lose without Jorginho than to win with him... Keep complaining while we keep winning.

That makes no sense, thats like saying Lampard wanted to us to lose by not picking him. I'd rather we play Kante than Jorginho because i prefer Kante and Kovacic over Jorginho.

So anyone who doesn't rate Jorginho does it because of sarri, or lampard, or some other nonsense.  It can't be because he brings absolutely nothing to the side, nothing that every other midfielder in the club can do better, including young academy players.

You lot are mental.

1 minute ago, Stim said:

I just think this is a bit OTT.

In what way, what does he do better than gilmour, kovacic, mount, kante? What does he bring to our team other than constantly stopping the impetus of attacks by turning back and rolling a 5 yard pass backwards/sideways? 

11 minutes ago, dkw said:

So anyone who doesn't rate Jorginho does it because of sarri, or lampard, or some other nonsense.  It can't be because he brings absolutely nothing to the side, nothing that every other midfielder in the club can do better, including young academy players.

You lot are mental.

You are mental if you honestly believe that he brings nothing to the team, that much is sure. Clueless...

I think at the very least EVERYONE must surely appreciate Jorginho for the entertainment he’s brought to this forum. Think how much emptier our lives - especially during this miserable lockdown etc - would be without these constant spats between Gol15 and the Jorginho haters. Big respect and thanks to you all!

Edited by Dean
1 minute ago, Dean said:

I think at the very least EVERYONE must appreciate Jorginho for the entertainment he’s brought to this forum. Think how much emptier our lives - especially during this miserable lockdown etc - would be without these constant spats between Gol15 and the Jorginho haters. Big respect and thanks to you all!

So you think I should take him off my ignore list again?

I don't really understand the dislike for Jorginho. I initially thought people were doing it to wind up Gol15 but it seems some are actually serious. 

He's a good player, if it was up to me I would start him in most games and go with Kante to sure up our defence v City and Liverpool.

In this game he started moving the ball forward a lot quicker, this could be attributed to him but I think it has a lot to do with Kova and Mounts movement. 

Latter part of Frank's tenure we became very static in midfield, we seemed a lot more fluid today which helped Jorginho. 

3 minutes ago, Remodez said:

I don't really understand the dislike for Jorginho. I initially thought people were doing it to wind up Gol15 but it seems some are actually serious. 

He's a good player, if it was up to me I would start him in most games and go with Kante to sure up our defence v City and Liverpool.

Yeah jokes aside I think he’s a decent player too. We have to be open to the possibility that Tuchel can form a system that compensates for his lack of physicality.

Edited by Dean

2 minutes ago, Remodez said:

It's not a dislike, it's the fact I don't see what he does. What exactly does he excel at? Pace, none. Strength, none. Attacking passes, barely any. Defense, liability. Defense splitting passes, hardly ever. Dribbles, none. Shooting, nope. Set pieces, not now his penalties have been found out.

His negatives massively outweigh the positives, constantly breaks our attacks down by stopping the ball and turning back. Brushed aside all the time, can't chase back as he has no pace. No one has yet said what it is he excels at and brings to our side.

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah jokes aside I think he’s a decent player too. We have to be open to the possibility that Tuchel can form a system that compensates for his lack of physicality.

But why should we, he’s really not that special to warrant a team changing to accommodate his weaknesses. It’s not as if he’s a Fabergas with quality defence splitting passing skills.

What he is good at is making himself available to accept the ball from people who maybe get themselves in tight spots, if only he would circulate the ball quicker in a positive way.

5 minutes ago, Remodez said:

That makes the two of us. I watched on youtube just now Blues Fans TV that was from after the game and literally nobody said a bad word about Jorginho, the talk there was so nice and people actually argued about how with Kante back it might be better to bench Kovacic since Kante and him are similar but that either one could be benched in order for Kante to play.

Real fans don't bash our players as soon as any given game is over.
You can be sure that when someone as stupid as dkw prefers to go behind Wolves after their player got booked for pushing Jorginho that he actively chooses not to support Chelsea and puts his hate towards Jorginho over his love for the club.

Some people just filter out our player and don't even see him as a Chelsea player, there is no way to understand this but it's clearly a real thing.

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's not a dislike, it's the fact I don't see what he does. What exactly does he excel at? Pace, none. Strength, none. Attacking passes, barely any. Defense, liability. Defense splitting passes, hardly ever. Dribbles, none. Shooting, nope. Set pieces, not now his penalties have been found out.

His negatives massively outweigh the positives, constantly breaks our attacks down by stopping the ball and turning back. Brushed aside all the time, can't chase back as he has no pace. No one has yet said what it is he excels at and brings to our side.

I would say his defensive positioning is great, generally only reason he can struggle in some games from a defensive stand point is due to his lack of athleticism, but he is solid positionally, makes a good amount of interceptions, and has improved in his tackles/ ground duels since he arrived. If we can setup to stop him being isolated against powrful and pacy players, defensively he is good, as we have seen alot of times.

In possession he is the best in the squad at making angles for passing options, this for me is his greatest strength, intelligent movement, and he can think a couple of passes ahead. He is also very press resistant aswell, especially when he has a good run in the side.

Mentally I think he has some leadership qualities,he doesn't hide, and he takes responsibility, he is a great communicator aswell, probably better than the other midfielders in that regard.

His range of passing is generally his biggest disappointment for me, he can play some great balls in behind, but he under or over hits them more often than not, and when you are used to seeing fabregas play consistent eye of needle passes, you cant help but be underwhelmed. 

He gets a lot of stick, and sometimes it is well deserved. I find it strange he seems to be getting critisism after todays performance though, i thought he was excellent. Maybe its just me, I like to praise players when they play well, not give them back handed compliments and caveats.

31 minutes ago, dkw said:

He has a lot of flaws but today was a decent game for him. He has very good vision and the ability to pull off excellent long passes and through balls, which he did a couple of times today. We just don't see that from him often enough. 

52 minutes ago, goose said:

But why should we, he’s really not that special to warrant a team changing to accommodate his weaknesses. It’s not as if he’s a Fabergas with quality defence splitting passing skills.

What he is good at is making himself available to accept the ball from people who maybe get themselves in tight spots, if only he would circulate the ball quicker in a positive way.

I only said “we should be open to the possibility...” it’s not my preference necessarily. As I’ve said elsewhere I think this idea that the Kovacic-Kante tandem can’t work is potentially a red herring. That would probably be my preference, but what do I know?

2 hours ago, dkw said:

In what way, what does he do better than gilmour, kovacic, mount, kante? What does he bring to our team other than constantly stopping the impetus of attacks by turning back and rolling a 5 yard pass backwards/sideways? 

Give over....You have a really short memory geez.

Just when have you seen Gilmour, Kova, Mason or Kante do a gay little hop before striking a deadball? Jorgi boy does a little hop everytime before he scores (or misses) a penalty - something which NOBODY else on our team does. Hell - even the media's darling Bruno F copies Jorgi's hop, skip, jump pens. That is some tekkers.