Jorginho is a Blue

14 minutes ago, just said:

I know and I think he might be massaging the figures. I just checked on Whoscored.com and Jorginho's current EPL rating is only 6.81

Tbf I think those player ratings are from the game where we played them in the Cup? That's what I think after looking at them, with the substitution stuff on there. Either way it's silly, player ratings are not a good metric, they're highly subjective. For example, Werner was awful in that game, even though he did get our only goal, besides that he was dreadful. But obviously a goal, it looks like he was our best player on the pitch due to the rating. 

Another start, another clean sheet - protecting the backline ✔️ - protecting possession ✔️

EtaSrajXAAEQbEo?format=jpg&name=large

DESIGNATE verb past tense: designated; past participle: designated /ˈdɛzɪɡneɪt/ appoint (someone) to a specified office or post. "Jorginho was designated as Chelsea penalty taker once again by new Blues boss Thomas Tuchel and he duly scored from the spot against Spurs."

Credit where it’s due another good game from with tonight. Once again another team that came to sit deep and not press though, we’re still yet to see a team come at Chelsea and try to actually play football against us. Conceded a fair few chances towards the end with Lamela and Vinicius actually starting to play football.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Credit where it’s due another good game from with tonight. Once again another team that came to sit deep and not press though, we’re still yet to see a team come at Chelsea and try to actually play football against us. Conceded a fair few chances towards the end with Lamela and Vinicius actually starting to play football.

Under Frank in his first season when he played with Jorginho-Kovacic, there were defensive limitations but teams were pressing us and trying to exploit our piss poor defence. Kovacic and Jorginho handled the press well together. 

For me that's our best midfield partnership when it comes to playing a pivot. Not ideal, but our best one to use at the moment, I'm hoping when teams come to press us, Kova and Jorghi can handle it, there will be defensive limitations though no doubt about it. However, we have to play with what we've got, Kante isn't exactly offering a great alternative these days. 

8 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Pretty much how I saw it, though Spurs did press us much more in the second half. Thought he had a good game overall without doing anything that was special. He had the courage to step up and take the penalty in atrocious conditions, so fair play to him. Completely agree with your last sentence. Last 20 minutes he had me worried too. N'dombele easily went through him a couple of times and he didn't get close enough to Moura on the edge of the box who turned him like a penny but skied the shot. He tends to defend like David Luiz at times, goes after the ball rather than seeing the bigger picture and sticking to the man to keep our shape.

Actually thought Kova was MOTM last night, closely followed by Mount. 

Edited by just
Another thought

That's just 3 games - you would think maybe there is a reason for it... Under Sarri every pundit was saying "stop Jorginho and you stop Chelsea" and we still finished top 3 and won Europa league. Not our fault that spuds can't play.

yeah thats how I see it, played better last night and was much more positive on the ball. But still was weak in the second half as the Spurs midfield got on top of ours, especially in the last 20. He was ran past far too many times and far too easily. I have no faith that a midfield with him and Kova will manage against teams that dont sit deep.

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Another start, another clean sheet - protecting the backline ✔️ - protecting possession ✔️

EtaSrajXAAEQbEo?format=jpg&name=large

DESIGNATE verb past tense: designated; past participle: designated /ˈdɛzɪɡneɪt/ appoint (someone) to a specified office or post. "Jorginho was designated as Chelsea penalty taker once again by new Blues boss Thomas Tuchel and he duly scored from the spot against Spurs."

Helps that we have played three teams who have parked the bus, and he has three centre backs behind him.

34 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Helps that we have played three teams who have parked the bus, and he has three centre backs behind him.

You sound bitter don't you? :Troll_Face: Don't tell me you're also a wolves fan? :laugh2:

I get it, we didn't dominate one of our most hated rivals for 90 minutes - it was only 78 minutes. The whole Chelsea squad apologizes for that to all you spoiled brats out there!

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Thanks god this time he put his boot into the shot, instead of just trying to roll the ball in, Loris guessed the right way as usual. Two weeks ago I thought his Chelsea career has ended, but the change helped and he's making it really difficult to be dropped.

With that goal he's the most efficient penalty taker in the league right now.

If he keeps shooting with more power he might just gain some muscle mass on that right thigh at least lmao

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You sound bitter don't you? :Troll_Face: Don't tell me you're also a wolves fan? :laugh2:

I get it, we didn't dominate one of our most hated rivals for 90 minutes - it was only 78 minutes. The whole Chelsea squad apologizes for that to all you spoiled brats out there!

Hey bitter, meet smug f**ker !!

3 minutes ago, coco said:

So did Harold Godwinson.

Well when we fall or when Jorginho gets sold or scores an own goal - by all means if you feel like it delete this thread and let us never mention Jorginho again.

Till that time comes I'll just keep juking some of the people here like this so that you're happy with me:

ezgif-3-eafe0e0ad144.gif

I hope I won't need to remind anyone in the future that we won a game though, regardless of who played and so on...