Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Lol we would need Lampard, Essien and Maka in their primes to get good returns from that. 

Think we are looking at 5 points and a champions league exit with no goals scored over the 2 ties against the meanest defence of the planet.

Gol has wet dreams over Havertz and Jorginho but they are not even half the players of them 3

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Our greatest midfield of all time, though I got a lot of love for Ballack too.

I think our strongest lineup was probably the Moscow CL final lineup Maka, Lamps and Ballack with Essien marauding from right back.

We've fallen a long way since then. I think Kante is the only one of our current team that makes the midfield squad fullstop. 

The opposition and how they've set up against us has suited Jorginho since Tuchel took over. 

All three sides have opted to (largely) sit back and let us have the ball which has meant the midfield hasn't come under too much pressure when in possession. 

The switch to a back three has also forced Jorginho forward up the pitch too. He was getting in a bad habit with Lampard of dropping in between the centre backs (effectively creating a back three) and leaving no out ball to play out from the back. 

I think he'll be fine in our next three league games (Shef United, Newcastle and Southampton) because I would expect us to dominate possession in those games too... The Manchester United game however, Fernades/Pogba won't give him the time those others teams will, that's when he struggles. 

16 hours ago, dkw said:

They would have struggled to get on the bench back then, kova maybe would have had a chance but jorginho would have 0 chance.

Kova would have at best been Essiens back up. They play a similar way bit in every single aspect the Bison at the start was miles ahead of him.

On 2/6/2021 at 18:33, ForeverCarefree said:

The opposition and how they've set up against us has suited Jorginho since Tuchel took over. 

All three sides have opted to (largely) sit back and let us have the ball which has meant the midfield hasn't come under too much pressure when in possession. 

The switch to a back three has also forced Jorginho forward up the pitch too. He was getting in a bad habit with Lampard of dropping in between the centre backs (effectively creating a back three) and leaving no out ball to play out from the back. 

I think he'll be fine in our next three league games (Shef United, Newcastle and Southampton) because I would expect us to dominate possession in those games too... The Manchester United game however, Fernades/Pogba won't give him the time those others teams will, that's when he struggles. 

Last year when we played jogavic, we struggle against between the line player, I am not talking about just kdb or buno level only. It was pretty much almost everyone Cantwell, Jota, Madison 

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Last year when we played jogavic, we struggle against between the line player, I am not talking about just kdb or buno level only. It was pretty much almost everyone Cantwell, Jota, Madison 

For sure and that's where I think a back three helps to cover their weaknesses. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

For sure and that's where I think a back three helps to cover their weaknesses. 

We have to see though, probably we need  Kante to get fit very quickly because so far three games in we haven't played anyone with this mould and none of those team can  attack anyway (spurs didn't have kane and regullon and wolves without Jimenez)

I thought mou will play delle, he didn't. Burnley is long ball team and wolves lose Jota. Not sure sheffield united has this kind of player. Atletico, United, everrton certainly will have this kind of player. 

On 05/02/2021 at 16:04, Gol15 said:

Well I just want to know, is there any other player in our squad that isn't fit for the PL part from Jorginho, according to you?

You're having a clear double standard by always looking to discredit how well Jorginho has done on one hand - while on the other fully giving all credit to Hazard and nobody else. Anyone that knows just a little bit about football will tell you that Sarri used Hazard very well in his system but that it wasn't only due to him that we have done well, even the pundits were openly talking about how everything went through Jorginho that season. You can be sure that Sarri wouldn't have managed to make us play possession based football if he didn't sign Jorginho to help him out, we wouldn't have finished top 3 with Sarri that season without a player like Jorginho that fits his style.

Saying that he isn't exactly great isn't the same as saying that he doesn't fit for the PL at all, just so you know there is a huge difference there. Regardless that we need a classical DM, Jorginho was more expensive than Fabinho but not twice as much. If we sign Ndidi for the same price I wonder how many would just dislike him because of the price tag...

I just told you Christensen and Jorginho, do you rate every player who plays for Chelsea?

Its' not double standard is just obvious, take Hazard out of that team that season and we are not getting third place. Do you think we would of finished third without Hazard?. 

Some players just aren't suited to the premier league doesn't make them bad players, i rated Veron but he wasn't suited to the premier league. It's the same as i see for Jorginho. You are right he wasn't double the price but he's twice the player. Ndidi a good player so i doubt anyone would complain, i think most Chelsea fans would rather have Ndidi than Jorginho.

Part from the winning goal again I thought that we were less stable with the ball in comparison to the previous game.

Jorginho must take more responsibility, he can't always just wave at people for not moving because this is not really true, I saw at least 2 times that a player was making good movement but Jorginho just played it safe and ignored the run or the play... 

Frustrates me so much. He's the catalyst for us playing out from the back. Too often he plays it back to defenders who are bound to make a mistake under pressure due to the sheer volume of balls they receive in these situations. When he does a forward pass it creates openings but its just not enough.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Part from the winning goal again I thought that we were less stable with the ball in comparison to the previous game.

Jorginho must take more responsibility, he can't always just wave at people for not moving because this is not really true, I saw at least 2 times that a player was making good movement but Jorginho just played it safe and ignored the run or the play... 

I have been surprised by how unambitious he's been since being reintegrated. 

Werner is dying for balls over the top. 

7 hours ago, Bob stark said:

We have to see though, probably we need  Kante to get fit very quickly because so far three games in we haven't played anyone with this mould and none of those team can  attack anyway (spurs didn't have kane and regullon and wolves without Jimenez)

I thought mou will play delle, he didn't. Burnley is long ball team and wolves lose Jota. Not sure sheffield united has this kind of player. Atletico, United, everrton certainly will have this kind of player. 

Nvm I was wrong, even sheffield united bypass our midfield easily

2 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

65 minutes of Jokanović, then 25 minutes of Fàbregas.

Both sides of the argument will be satisfied when picking the bones out of that.

If Jorginho can pass like Fabregas, I won't talk about his ability to shield defensive line

Edited by Bob stark