Jorginho is a Blue

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

??? 

Stopper mean he challenge player up high rather than dropping back. Silva is afraid of pace, just watch how he defend

Where have you got this idea from? Silva could play a high line throughout all his previous clubs and started this season playing a high line under Lamps with the best defensive record in the league. His pace and agility has never been an issue. Could easily play a high line with Zouma next to him.

On 10/02/2021 at 05:45, Argo said:

It's largely been Turf Moor where we take them to the cleaners, at home they've made it a lot harder for us.

Before this recent game our record against them at The Bridge (since they first came to the Prem) was Chelsea 3 wins, Burnley 1 win, 2 draws, that wasn't great considering the quality difference and shows the game could have easily become awkward if we weren't fully on it.

That's a pretty good record for us and as tough a game for us, it was also a tough game for them. There aren't any easy games in the Prem where a team can sleepwalk their way to a victory. This is the highest level of football after all. 

That being said, you raised a fair point. 

38 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I guess Juventus will have a few extra fans this weekend 🙂

Haha I'm already imagining ADL offering about 5p to have him back during the negotiations. You can see him in the press now. "For Napoli he was world class, worth 100m. But since his move, he's becomes slow, unable to defend and has lost his passing range which now is limited to 5m sideways before getting it back in the same spot. We would need to have Chelsea subsidise his wages substantially if he were to return."

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Haha I'm already imagining ADL offering about 5p to have him back during the negotiations. You can see him in the press now. "For Napoli he was world class, worth 100m. But since his move, he's becomes slow, unable to defend and has lost his passing range which now is limited to 5m sideways before getting it back in the same spot. We would need to have Chelsea subsidise his wages substantially if he were to return."

Obviously Guardiola will be making a bid too.

He's a good player if you appreciate what he is in the team to do and not what he isn't there for. Played well in this run hopefully he shows up in the difficult run we have coming.

Defensively he has improved he might get run past every now and then but he does stick a leg in and challenge.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If someone still believes that Jorginho was our biggest problem, all I can say is

google commute GIF

I agree, Jorginho isn't our biggest problem at all. I think we do need to accept though that Jorginho is very vulnerable defensively when we have a back 4. But currently I think we look much better as a team when he's playing. 

Jorginho-Kovacic is the best partnership we have at the moment, it was the best midfield duo under Lampard last season. I don't think it's ideal, especially in a back 4, but right now it's the best we've got and I think we should stick with it. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I agree, Jorginho isn't our biggest problem at all. I think we do need to accept though that Jorginho is very vulnerable defensively when we have a back 4. But currently I think we look much better as a team when he's playing. 

Jorginho-Kovacic is the best partnership we have at the moment, it was the best midfield duo under Lampard last season. I don't think it's ideal, especially in a back 4, but right now it's the best we've got and I think we should stick with it. 

It has been our best partnership if we forget for a moment Mount-Tammy from last season.

Lampard simply deconstructed what gave him the results but Tuchel automatically got the best out of Jorginho and Kovacic once again.

They are not perfect but they complement each other very well and what one lacks in pace he makes it up with a good positioning and reading of the game and what the other lacks in scoring he makes it up with good distribution and making space.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

It has been our best partnership if we forget for a moment Mount-Tammy from last season.

Tbf I'm talking about midfield partnership. Not anyone else. I think CHO and Mount link up really well and can cause lots of problems down that side. 

Just now, Slojo said:

Tbf I'm talking about midfield partnership. Not anyone else. I think CHO and Mount link up really well and can cause lots of problems down that side. 

Yes I know I was talking about a more full picture overall, this season + last season. 

Kovacic is at his best when he's with Jorginho and Jorginho is at his best when he's with Kovacic. 

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Yes I know I was talking about a more full picture overall, this season + last season. 

Kovacic is at his best when he's with Jorginho and Jorginho is at his best when he's with Kovacic. 

They've been our best pivot over the last 18 months, and really good over the last 5 matches, but we need a need a signature win or two from them - like Atletico and Manu coming up.  Chance to prove they're worthy of keeping a world class mid like Kante on the bench.

1 minute ago, BluesPower said:

They've been our best pivot over the last 18 months, and really good over the last 5 matches, but we need a need a signature win or two from them - like Atletico and Manu coming up.  Chance to prove they're worthy of keeping a world class mid like Kante on the bench.

I'm worried about how will Jorginho cope when D.Simeone puts a player up his ass but I honestly feel that if Kovacic plays like he did this game we have a chance - With Sarri once you marked out Jorginho there was 1 player free and we managed to take the advantage of that in the long run.

Still dont see what he actually brings to the team that pretty much every other midfielder we have can do, and more. Completely overshadowed by Kovacic lately to the point he just sort of meanders through games. People celebrating his displays is odd as he hasnt done anything of note in any of the games. How many assists does he have, how many through balls, chances created, defensive wins, shots, anything? Second half we had to bring Kante on to cover for his defensive inadequacies as even Newcastle were getting through us.

So I`ll ask all his little weird fanboys again, what does he actually bring to the team that others cant do?

But, but, but he won us 17 matches all on his own.  Google and Youtube prove it.

Oh, and that's me who actually thought he didn't play that badly last night, except when he had to tackle anyone or be in the right place to stop a donkey like Shelvey lumbering through midfield.

Edited by yorkleyblue