Jorginho is a Blue

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

I don't really see a debate going on anymore.

We lost 1 game with him in the starting lineup whole season long, maybe that's why the same things have been repeated over and over since the agenda people can't come up with anything new - you know it doesn't work anymore when already debunked arguments keep reappearing, when the response is always the same even when we win games then you know that there is no real debate going on no matter how much the haters are trying to hide their bias. 

image.gif.fd8480d43a2fce982f10ed11138cd4b7.gif

Well we won last night but I didn't think he had a good game at all. Pretty much agree with the comments and rating I read on Football London this morning.

"Passing was sloppy for the majority. Improved in the second half but will miss the second leg after picking up a booking after the break. 6"

Edited by just
On 23/02/2021 at 02:56, Bob stark said:

If TT plan is to play

Cm - cm

Cb - cb - cb

No matter what, even when we are chasing game then Jorginho is fine most of the time probably not against strong team. 

He has had decent games against "strong team" for a while now...

58 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He has had decent games against "strong team" for a while now...

Atletico did not really try to challenge us so not problem. 

Honestly as long as we play this way, he probably will be fine. Both of our wb defend to provide protection hence our two cm doesn't have to cover the wide area and if he is beaten we have 3 player at the back. Plus Mount pressing up top help a lot. 

The question is now what? Are we really going to play 3-2 every game? 

26 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Honestly as long as we play this way, he probably will be fine. Both of our wb defend to provide protection hence our two cm doesn't have to cover the wide area and if he is beaten we have 3 player at the back. Plus Mount pressing up top help a lot. 

Nobody has ever challenged us when Jorginho played that's how powerful he is!

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Yes 3 at the back till the end of the season, target is top 4. We will go back to a back 4 next season.

5 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I have faith in the squad but just like Mason, Jorgehh will be missed in that 2nd leg. He is a big reason we look comfortable when we have large periods of possession. We all know his limitations but he is important to this team Thomas has been using.

We will miss both of them, hopefully Pulisic/Ziyech/Havertz can do a decent job instead of Mount and that Kovacic/Kante can be disciplined enough to not roam too much but to stay back and be more disciplined.

With the goal advantage we should have more space and there is where we can fully use the pace of Werner, CHO and Pulisic. Also T.Silva should be back for that second leg as well - crazy to think that yesterday's bench was worth like 400m...

Edited by Gol15

It would be nice to relinquish a bit more possession second leg and have the midfield pivot sit back a bit more. When we win possession have Kova and Kante distribute it quickly to someone like Kai or Christian who are quick themselves and can either shoot or play in the final pass.

18 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I thought Jorginho was good besides his long balls. He was very frustrating in that department, always just over hitting the final ball, but at least he was passing forwards and taking risks. 

There was a lot of hesitation from our players early on, I think the players went into the game being quite nervously.

I was more annoyed at how Jorginho doesn't dare to shot from outside of the box at all, he had in the first half enough space in order to take a shot at least twice but instead he passes it around and in the end it was Christensen that let if fly and also Alonso from a harder angle...

If only our players had some balls to shoot from outside of the box, at least hit their player in the head or something... I was more frustrated how Atletico was defending so deep in the first half but that changed later on.

17 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

There was a lot of hesitation from our players early on, I think the players went into the game being quite nervously.

I was more annoyed at how Jorginho doesn't dare to shot from outside of the box at all, he had in the first half enough space in order to take a shot at least twice but instead he passes it around and in the end it was Christensen that let if fly and also Alonso from a harder angle...

If only our players had some balls to shoot from outside of the box, at least hit their player in the head or something... I was more frustrated how Atletico was defending so deep in the first half but that changed later on.

Have you watched Jorginho shoot the ball? He simply can't generate the power to take long shot 

United game is going to be interesting. 

Wonder if Tuchel will stick with Jorginho and Kovacic from the start or if he's tempted to try Kante/Kovacic again? 

Fernandes likes to occupy that space in front of the central defence, which is where you can often find Jorginho loitering. 

Fernandes has 15 goals and 11 assists in the league for United this season so whoever is tasked with keeping him quiet, arguably, has one of the most important jobs come Sunday. 

53 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

United game is going to be interesting. 

Wonder if Tuchel will stick with Jorginho and Kovacic from the start or if he's tempted to try Kante/Kovacic again? 

Fernandes likes to occupy that space in front of the central defence, which is where you can often find Jorginho loitering. 

Fernandes has 15 goals and 11 assists in the league for United this season so whoever is tasked with keeping him quiet, arguably, has one of the most important jobs come Sunday. 

Lampard played with a back 3 against them and we played a draw at the start of the season, Kante started that game.