Jorginho is a Blue

Zeta

14 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

He doesn't play for those sides, for a reason - they don't think he's good enough. So yes, opinions would probably change because he'd be a different type of player.

The only reason why he doesn't play for Man City is because he's playing for us.

9 hours ago, Munkworth said:

If Jorgi wins the Euros with Italy after winning the CL with us could you lot perhaps all stop your f**king moaning and whinging about him for at very least a day or two?

144 pages of the same argument. Just give up, you’re obviously not changing your opinion on him!

Amen to that. Back and forth with person A saying he is sh*t and person B saying he does his job well and here is why, then why he does not, then why he does. Round and round we go.

Honestly think Winston Bogarde got more respect.

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

You keep contradicting yourself, really.

Not really. Jorginho is our only natural holder, this is obvious. Kante - Kova pairing also works is also obvious. 

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

The only reason why he doesn't play for Man City is because he's playing for us.

If they actually wanted him, they would not have let us outbid them, De Laurentiis only cares about the highest bidder. Let alone that they could have signed him relatively cheaply from us after the disaster that was the end of 2018-19, or that his stats since signing for Chelsea seem to point to a stagnation in output. Let's not pretend that Guardiola sleeps less at night because he didn't sign Jorginho.

6 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

It wouldn't change a thing - international football is Championship level at best, the players are exhuasted and the coaching is rubbish. His role with Italy is also markedly different in that they have players like Locatelli, Barella and Veratti who should much if not all the attacking burden.

At Chelsea we need Jorginho to be creative against deeper defenses and he simply doesn't move the ball fast or well enough to do that. I don't have a lot of issues with Jorginho defensively but if we're going to have a player who is unable to contribute meaningfully in attack then we might as well replace him with a much more defensively-sound player. Same goes for Kovacic.  

He doesn't play for those sides, for a reason - they don't think he's good enough. So yes, opinions would probably change because he'd be a different type of player.

He doesn't play for those sides because he plays for Chelsea hahah.

Oh my Lordy, I'm leaving this conversation now.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3565333/manchester-city-furious-with-napoli-over-jorginho-deal-with-chelsea-sources

46 minutes ago, thebluekid said:

He doesn't play for those sides because he plays for Chelsea hahah.

Oh my Lordy, I'm leaving this conversation now.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3565333/manchester-city-furious-with-napoli-over-jorginho-deal-with-chelsea-sources

From your own article:

A £43m transfer fee was agreed between De Laurentiis and City last month, but Napoli reneged on that deal, leaving club hierarchy stunned.

Chelsea have since sacked manager Antonio Conte and appointed former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri, with Jorginho becoming his first signing.

City refused to match Chelsea's offer and walked away from the deal just as they refused to match demands they saw as excessive during the January transfer window, including deals for Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez and Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred -- both of whom joined Manchester United.

If City really wanted/needed him as you claim, they would have paid 14m. They thought they had a relative bargain for a quality rotational option but didn't see him as a necessary piece. 

57m would be nothing for the Greatest Deep-Lying Possession-Recycling Regista  that has ever hallowed Stamford Bridge turf.

9 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

If they actually wanted him, they would not have let us outbid them, De Laurentiis only cares about the highest bidder. Let alone that they could have signed him relatively cheaply from us after the disaster that was the end of 2018-19, or that his stats since signing for Chelsea seem to point to a stagnation in output. Let's not pretend that Guardiola sleeps less at night because he didn't sign Jorginho.

The disaster of the end? We (and he) picked up considerably to secure 3rd and the Europa spot. 

Fairly certain he wouldn't have been for sale regardless due to the ban, the "rumours" of him leaving were mainly people lazily putting 2 + 2 together (assuming he was just going to follow Sarri wherever) and making 5.

11 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Jorginho wanted to come here so you're wrong, their bid didn't matter once he made up his mind. Once he signed for us he wasn't going anywhere, I wonder why you think of us as a small club that Man City can bully that's hilarious... Anyway Pep wanted him but couldn't get him and needed some time to find a similar player, eventually he signed Rodri.

12 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Not really. Jorginho is our only natural holder, this is obvious. Kante - Kova pairing also works is also obvious. 

If that is obvious that there is absolutely no reason why you would question his importance of the fact that he has been a starter for us.

1 hour ago, just said:

Jorginho could also win the 100 metres Gold medal at the Olympics this year.

Sounds even more far fetched than this nonense that we won the Champions League with him playing every single minute past the quarter final.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Argo said:

Sounds even more far fetched than this nonense that we won the Champions League with him playing every single minute past the quarter final.

But not as far fetched as Kante is past his best and we should consider selling if the right offer comes along.

Edited by just
Spelling ..... Again!

Posted (edited)
On 30/06/2021 at 00:35, Munkworth said:

If Jorgi wins the Euros with Italy after winning the CL with us could you lot perhaps all stop your f**king moaning and whinging about him for at very least a day or two?

144 pages of the same argument. Just give up, you’re obviously not changing your opinion on him!

That seems a strange comment for a player thread on an internet forum. No one is forcing you to read this.

I quite like reading @Gol15 @Argo and @thebluekid's posts even though I don't agree with them, they're well thought out.

It's the equivalent of us going into the Random Chat Thread and lambasting you for talking about f**king socks for 1400+ pages.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

42 minutes ago, just said:

But not as far fetched as Kante is past his best and we should consider selling if the right offer comes along.

Or that sitting DM is his natural position.

1 hour ago, SydneyChelsea said:

That seems a strange comment for a player thread on an internet forum. No one is forcing you to read this.

I quite like reading @Gol15 @Argo and @thebluekid's posts even though I don't agree with them, they're well thought out.

It's the equivalent of us going into the Random Chat Thread and lambasting you for talking about f**king socks for 1400+ pages.

One "small" difference is that nobody around here is against the importance of socks phenomena though, in that we stand together.

84d0930b44d8a13f6fef3a4f3a9fcf26e685ccc0

1 hour ago, just said:

The irony of that is that many wanted Jorginho to be sold long before we had a chance in the CL though 

Puss In Boots Oops GIF

Count me in the fan  column. The results are good with him, his character is strong. Kante is the hero and gets the glory, Jorginho is the unseen unloved,unlauded player that makes the team tick.  A true blue in my view. 

On 01/07/2021 at 00:31, Argo said:

Some of the angry reactions here will be absolutely hilarious if this actually happens.

Angry? Why? Chelsea player win balon dor, I will be very happy. 

Will that ruin balon dor forever? For sure, the bar for winner will be so low that it will be chaos so you will be better of creating new award. 

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

Count me in the fan  column. The results are good with him, his character is strong. Kante is the hero and gets the glory, Jorginho is the unseen unloved,unlauded player that makes the team tick.  A true blue in my view. 

Hmm, i thought it is the other way around. A lot of people here want Kante to be sold and put Jorginho as nailed down, bolted, welded starter. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Hmm, i thought it is the other way around. A lot of people here want Kante to be sold and put Jorginho as nailed down, bolted, welded starter. 

My view was and remains that Kante has been injury prone and will become more so each season. Kovacic is solid for a midfielder and mostly not a 90 minute player. Jorginho is not getting any younger. So we should reinforce the midfield with someone younger Tchouameni has been suggested. When Kante and Jorginho play it is nearly always Kante that gets the praise. Jorginho get heaps of crap poured on  him, being jeered by Chelsea fans at one stage. He stood up to that, survived not being Frank’s favourite and is currently one of the first two  midfielders picked. Well done to him. 

Edited by ozboy

4 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

I don't mind people arguing that it was, as long they're willing to concede Sarri therefore took Kante to a new level 😉 

I'm not sure how anyone could look at a player who's main attributes are energy and proactive pressing and come to the conclusion his natural position was a sitting DM (and saying was as surely these recent performances have made even the most stubborn see the obvious).

Atleast the people saying we should have cashed in on him have/had the worry about Essien's decline as a reference point, anyone who said Kante was a sitter have no excuse.

7 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Angry? Why? Chelsea player win balon dor, I will be very happy. 

I wouldn't bank on it, he's just been an near ever present while we won the second biggest competition in football comfortably and even that's not been enough to gain him respect in some corners.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

I wouldn't bank on it, he's just been an near ever present while we won the second biggest competition in football comfortably and even that's not been enough to gain him respect in some corners.

I am one one of the biggest Jorginho critic but if he win balon dor , I will be happy. 

Respect? I have no problem with Jorginho, i have said a gazillion time he is a good dm but that is it good player aka rotation material at best with very specific skillset with massive weaknesses. 

But for some reason he is touted as dpl/regista which he isn't, a great all around passer which he isn't, technical player which he isn't.