Jorginho is a Blue

Zeta

49 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

But for some reason he is touted as dpl/regista which he isn't, a great all around passer which he isn't, technical player which he isn't. 

Beacuse he is the so called regista after all, if he was how you describe him to be this talk about the golden ball would never take place...

Jorgi has no chance at the award for the same reason Kante does not, and Zola, Lampard, Drogba et al before them. They play for Chelsea. 

If Haaland comes he will not win that award while here. If Messi and Ronaldo had played here they would have 0 of that award. It is all politics.

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Jorgi has no chance at the award for the same reason Kante does not, and Zola, Lampard, Drogba et al before them. They play for Chelsea. 

If Haaland comes he will not win that award while here. If Messi and Ronaldo had played here they would have 0 of that award. It is all politics.

Not sure who should get it at the moment, Messi lost the league and didn't do much in the CL either so I wonder if he finally wins the Copa America if that alone would be enough... I was sure that France basically can't lose so Kante was the primary candidate for me.

It's interesting that after Ronaldo, the PL didn't have a Golden ball winner for all this time...

16 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

That seems a strange comment for a player thread on an internet forum. No one is forcing you to read this.

I quite like reading @Gol15 @Argo and @thebluekid's posts even though I don't agree with them, they're well thought out.

It's the equivalent of us going into the Random Chat Thread and lambasting you for talking about f**king socks for 1400+ pages.

I can come talk about socks here for a bit of relief or we could repeat the same two arguments for another 145 pages?

At least the Jorginho conundrum has finally put an end to the seemingly endless ‘what if we’d never sold KDB/Lukaku/Salah bollocks!

P.S. @moi constantly lambasts us in the random chat thread for talking bollocks, feel free to join her every now and again!

11 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I don't think it matters who you play for. As good as all of these players were for us, it's hard to argue a reason why any of them should win the award ahead of the people that did win it. Zola was never going to win it. As good as he was, we were never a League and Champions League contender when he was at the club, and he didn't feature much for Italy after joining us. Drogba was brilliant at his best, but he only had two prolific goal scoring seasons with us and neither of those seasons ended with us winning a European competition, which is something I think you need to win if you want to win the award over peak Messi and Ronaldo. Lampard was closest, but to be fair, he was competing with what I consider to be the very best footballer I have ever seen at the peak of his footballing career, Ronaldinho.

Now that France are out of the Euro's, I don't see Kante winning it. I think Lewandowski will win it. He was brilliant throughout last season and I think because he should have won it last year, people will give him the vote. The only way I see that changing now is if Messi wins the Copa America with Argentina (but I don't think he will)

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Beacuse he is the so called regista after all, if he was how you describe him to be this talk about the golden ball would never take place...

I suggest that you to watch pirlo and Jorginho passing compilation back to back. 

6 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I suggest that you to watch pirlo and Jorginho passing compilation back to back. 

The fact that you're ready to compare those two is enough evidence that Jorginho isn't at all how you described him... 

18 minutes ago, Argo said:

Another sensational performance to put him one step closer to being a double European Champion.

Easy to see why so many top managers trust him.

You asked for it, so here it is:

Touches - 85
Accurate passes -70
Pass % - 98%
Long Balls - 4/4
Chances Created - 1
Dribbles - 1/1
Duels Won - 5/9
Fouls Won - 3
Tackles - 1
Clearances - 2
Interceptions - 3
Ball Recoveries - 9

200.gif

The team I have enjoyed watching the most in the euros is Italy. Mancini has got them playing with freedom and real tempo. Their movement is superb, miles ahead of England. It has surprised me because I watch quite a bit of Serie A and the quality of the league at the moment is pretty average overall IMO. Just goes to prove that you don't necessarily need the best players to be the best team.

That said, in Chilieni and Bonucci, they have best centre-back pairing in the competition by a country mile! 

12 hours ago, Argo said:

I'm not sure how anyone could look at a player who's main attributes are fabulous reading of the play, perfect timing, running with ball, the pace to turn defence into attack, retaining the ball in tight spaces, calmness under pressure, unbelievable athleticism, energy and proactive pressing and come to the conclusion his natural position was a sitting DM (and saying was as surely these recent performances have made even the most stubborn see the obvious).

That is a helluva list of attributes. With which I would have to wholly agree.

Forza the Kantes.

37 minutes ago, just said:

The team I have enjoyed watching the most in the euros is Italy. Mancini has got them playing with freedom and real tempo. Their movement is superb, miles ahead of England. It has surprised me because I watch quite a bit of Serie A and the quality of the league at the moment is pretty average overall IMO. Just goes to prove that you don't necessarily need the best players to be the best team.

That said, in Chilieni and Bonucci, they have best centre-back pairing in the competition by a country mile! 

Chiellini blocks a shot, puts up a big smile at De Bruyne and he can't help but to smile back, then he has a problem before a corner and he hugs Witsel and Witsel laughs and you just know that the ref will never book this guy Giorgio he's just too good at this whole game on a psychological level even.
That backline and Donnarumma make the life of any midfield much easier for sure, let alone the Italian one where Locatelli that scored twice vs Switzerland is on the bench because of Verratti's return...

Though I'm sure that if the French team had no big egos that they would be the best team in these Euros but then I guess they simply wouldn't be French!
How much it helps to have more down to earth players like Barella, Jorginho and so on...

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Gol15 said:

The fact that you're ready to compare those two is enough evidence that Jorginho isn't at all how you described him... 

🤔🤔🤔 I am confused, I said he isn't a regista you said he is. So I want you to watch their video back to back so you can judge whether Jorginho passing is regista quality. 

This is just weird. It is like if my friend tell me that he is a wc dribbler and I ask him to watch his video and Hazard back to back infer that I think his dribbling and Hazard is comparable 🤔🤔

Edited by Bob stark

35 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

🤔🤔🤔 I am confused, I said he isn't a regista you said he is. So I want you to watch their video back to back so you can judge whether Jorginho passing is regista quality. 

This is just weird. It is like if my friend tell me that he is a wc dribbler and I ask him to watch his video and Hazard back to back infer that I think his dribbling and Hazard is comparable 🤔🤔

Give it some time and then you'll maybe understand.

On 02/07/2021 at 19:12, Gol15 said:

Why does someone have to be a 'regista' for the golden ball conversation to take place? 🤔 The golden ball discussions are taking place because Jorginho has had an excellent tournament, has helped Italy control matches, has intercepted passes and retained possession. Unless you are trying to say that only 'registas' deserve to win Golden Balls?!

Players with the skill sets of Pirlo, Fabregas, etc. are registas. You really need to read more carefully - Jorginho is NOT a regista https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/understanding-regista-role-football.

But he is an excellent and very likeable footballer who is perhaps a liability/inadequate when the opposition stubbornly parks the bus and tries to counter from very deep. And is stellar when the oppostion attempts to play offensively.

15 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Why does someone have to be a 'regista' for the golden ball conversation to take place? 🤔 The golden ball discussions are taking place because Jorginho has had an excellent tournament, has helped Italy control matches, has intercepted passes and retained possession. Unless you are trying to say that only 'registas' deserve to win Golden Balls?!

Players with the skill sets of Pirlo, Fabregas, etc. are registas. You really need to read more carefully - Jorginho is NOT a regista https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/understanding-regista-role-football.

But he is an excellent and very likeable footballer who is perhaps a liability/inadequate when the opposition stubbornly parks the bus and tries to counter from very deep. And is stellar when the oppostion attempts to play offensively.

You're reaching... Jorginho is a so called "deep lying-playmaker" or a "regista". He in principle doesn't do any other role but that one.

17 hours ago, royce987 said:

E5UgEzLXEAAPgBX?format=jpg&name=medium

That long line that goes all the way close to the bottom right corner, at the baseline and around the edge of the box, that was a perfect ball to Chiesa:

NAW90w.gif

1 hour ago, just said:

Can someone post up the Jorginho shot map.

Hahaha everything that Jorginho does well can be collaborated by 50 statistics and everything he does poorly can't be measured. He's the perfect player for the whoscored.com generation. 

Posted (edited)

On a plus side a cheslea player is going to end season winning THE UCL and the euros since all the 4'teams left have a Chelsea player..🤣🤣🤣🤣....

My bet is on this Forums favourite villain and Emerson.🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Edited by The Don Antonio

12 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

On a plus side a cheslea player is going to end season winning THE UCL and the euros since all the 4'teams left have a Chelsea player..🤣🤣🤣🤣....

Would be nice for Mason if he got that after all the stick he has got for not being Jack Grealish and before that for being Frank's son.

On the other side of it, it really annoys me how poorly Southgate has treated Chilwell and James.

Would be nice if the Danes won it for Erikson. Dave deserves it as well.

17 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

As an Australian I would rather eat sh*t than see England win anything but it would be some irony if Jorginho lost in a final to an English midfield featuring Declan Rice