Jorginho is a Blue

Zeta

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

And if England win then Mason Mount can make the same claim, so you also think he should be in with a shout for it?

I don't think either should be but equally I wouldnt blame anyone if they went too far the other way after the abuse he's got and still gets (although massively reduced now they can't use the teachers pet since Tuchel has been picking him aswell).

You're preaching to the converted with Mount btw, I wanted him in the squad as early as Conte's second season.

Edited by Argo

33 minutes ago, Argo said:

It's no more a parody than the sheer desperate lengths some here are going to to downplay him.

If Italy win tonight he will be the only regular starter in the two European Championship winning teams of this year yet it's just a coincidence and two entirely different set of team mates are carrying him, apparently.

Seriously never seen anything like it, it’s one thing to dislike a player that’s consistently sh*te, a bit of an idiot and never contributes anything, it’s another to hate someone who’s obviously a good player, a nice guy and an important part of a very successful Chelsea team. Actually embarrassing.

Edited by timetowaste

33 minutes ago, Argo said:

It's no more a parody than the sheer desperate lengths some here are going to to downplay him.

If Italy win tonight he will be the only regular starter in the two European Championship winning teams of this year yet it's just a coincidence and two entirely different set of team mates are carrying him, apparently.

Point to the bit where I said anyone was carrying him? 

He played his role in both teams. That's not the same as being the best player in Europe.  Again this is where the zealotry that gets so many offside comes in to it. If you're not on board with Jorginho as the best player in Europe then you're making a desperate attempt to downplay him? 

Just now, Spiller86 said:

Point to the bit where I said anyone was carrying him? 

He played his role in both teams. That's not the same as being the best player in Europe.  Again this is where the zealotry that gets so many offside comes in to it. If you're not on board with Jorginho as the best player in Europe then you're making a desperate attempt to downplay him? 

I was speaking generally, days ago attempts to praise his performance vs Spain was deflected onto the CB's. 

Like I just said it's the same with Mount, if people go too far the other way after all the flack he's got in the last couple of years I wouldn't blame them atall.

Funny thing is, believe or not I'm not actually adverse to upgrading Jorginho if we find the right player (hopefully Gilmour once he's more polished) but just like with Mount a year ago I'm not actually sure what he's done (bar be an indirect link to Sarri) to be such a pariah.

53 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Seriously never seen anything like it, it’s one thing to dislike a player that’s consistently sh*te, a bit of an idiot and never contributes anything, it’s another to hate someone who’s obviously a good player, a nice guy and an important part of a very successful Chelsea team. Actually embarrassing.

Dislike? LoL, this is the funny part, most of his critics kept saying that Jorgi is a good player. 

However his fans think he is a regista which he isn't, a dpl which he isn't, all around passer which he isn't, a wc player which he isn't. 

It is like if we start discussing about Pulisic and start talking about him as if he is Hazard. 

4 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Dislike? LoL, this is the funny part, most of his critics kept saying that Jorgi is a good player. 

However his fans think he is a regista which he isn't, a dpl which he isn't, all around passer which he isn't, a wc player which he isn't. 

It is like if we start discussing about Pulisic and start talking about him as if he is Hazard. 

Just because you say that Jorginho isn't a deep lying playmaker / regista, it doesn't make it true. This is his role, period.

I posted a very valid argument that shows why he should be considered for the golden ball, I also said that Kante and Mount should win it in case their nations win the Euro so I fail to see any problem with that whole view.

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Just because you say that Jorginho isn't a deep lying playmaker / regista, it doesn't make it true. This is his role, period.

And I can also say that he isn't period. I really don't want to debate whether he isn't or not. Because I have been asking his fans to explain to me what makes him a top player but no one has come out with explanation. 

The point of my post is that he said people dislike jorgi bla2 and I said nope. The discussion of Jorginho is not whether we like Jorgi or not the discussion comes down do you think Jorgi is wc regista or an average dm. 

Edited by Bob stark

40 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

And I can also say that he isn't period. I really don't want to debate whether he isn't or not. Because I have been asking his fans to explain to me what makes him a top player but no one has come out with explanation. 

The point of my post is that he said people dislike jorgi bla2 and I said nope. The discussion of Jorginho is not whether we like Jorgi or not the discussion comes down do you think Jorgi is wc regista or an average dm. 

Well you're wrong. Sorry but he has had basically one role for Napoli, us and Italy and that has been the role of a deep lying playmaker.

If you can't even accept that simple fact there is no point to discuss about what makes him a good player.

2 hours ago, timetowaste said:

This!

The way several went out of their way to sh*t on someone that was extremely important to our CL win and Top 4 in general was extremely embarrassing.

They shut their mouth when he was playing well, as he was most of the time and then popped up like a rash whenever he made a mistake or had a poor game. If someone did the same towards Mount they'd be absolutely slaughtered but because it's Jorginho it's okay. The latter who's completely outshone  Mount at the Euros btw and that's why there is Ballon D'Or talk about Jorginho and not Mason Mount.

f**k of Jorginho you sack of sh*t.

One example of many. Perhaps him having been the best midfielder in the Euros have shut their mouths but I doubt it. 

Edited by Sindre

2 hours ago, timetowaste said:

Who do you believe hates him? 

To me he seems like a very nice guy and I totally respect his attitude and professionalism. I think he is a decent player when doing a set role in a specific system. 

But I also think he is extremely limited physically and those physical limitations determine that he can never be a more "all round" footballer. He will rarely, if ever, dominate a midfield and boss a game the way a Kante, Busquets, Keane, Vieria, Gerrard, Lampard etc. could regularly do.  

He's not a player that excites me from an attacking perspective, he's not a player that makes me feel safe from a defensive perspective. But if Italy win tonight I will be happy for him, because I repeat, I genuinely like him as a bloke. He just isn't my idea of a world class footballer.

29 minutes ago, just said:

those physical limitations determine that he can never be a more "all round" footballer. He will rarely, if ever, dominate a midfield and boss a game the way a Kante, Busquets, Keane, Vieria, Gerrard, Lampard etc. could regularly do.  

You are a big fan of Billy Gilmour aren't you? The lad that's smaller, weaker and just as slow. What's his ceiling?

3 hours ago, Sindre said:

You are a big fan of Billy Gilmour aren't you? The lad that's smaller, weaker and just as slow. What's his ceiling?

Don't think he is slower or weaker than Jorginho at all Sindre. He has much more movement and natural athleticism. I don't think that's even a debate TBH.

23 hours ago, Gol15 said:

For me Messi would need to win the Copa America, otherwise it would be too much forced to have him in the conversation.

Well both won the continental trophy. Messi is a huge favorite because he's Messi.

Jorginho needs a huge campaign to have a shout

5 minutes ago, Deino said:

Well both won the continental trophy. Messi is a huge favorite because he's Messi.

Jorginho needs a huge campaign to have a shout

Messi wins it I think but Italy came from not even qualifying to the World Cup to winning the Euro so that's huge.

2 blue teams Champions of Europe, Jorginho and Emerson with the double, happy for everyone.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Messi wins it I think but Italy came from not even qualifying to the World Cup to winning the Euro so that's huge.

2 blue teams Champions of Europe, Jorginho and Emerson with the double, happy for everyone.

I think Lewandowski wins it if he starts next season scoring a lot of goals. He will get it because he was robbed last season by the Trophy being suspended for no reason

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Bloody hell never in a million years would I think Jorginho and Emerson would be the champions of Europe for both club and country.

Football, bloody hell.

8 minutes ago, evissy said:

Jorginho led Italy to European glory. I thought he would get player of the tournament but fair game to Donnarumma. He made the difference in the penos. 

He saves it and just walks it off like it's nothing, we'll be seeing him playing for Italy for the next 15 years or so. Only the second keeper to win that award in history. Really unique to see a 22 year old keeper being such a big character already.

Euros champion and CL winner in the space of about 6 weeks. Absolutely baffling how certain segments of Chelsea fans don’t rate him still.

His lack of athletic prowess makes him just short of being one of the elite midfielders in world football but he’s just below that level in my opinion.

He should be right in the prime of his career and I’m hoping to see a few more successful years in a Chelsea shirt.