Jorginho is a Blue

Zeta

10 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Well you're wrong. Sorry but he has had basically one role for Napoli, us and Italy and that has been the role of a deep lying playmaker.

If you can't even accept that simple fact there is no point to discuss about what makes him a good player.

Nobody asses player and say he is this or that because he is dpl. 

Let's asses Kante. Kante is a box to box player so he is great. 😂😂

Or I can say that kante is very athletic can cover tons of ground, is arguably the best in the world at stealing ball from opp, very adept at bringing the ball forward from deep. Etc2

55 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Nobody asses player and say he is this or that because he is dpl. 

Let's asses Kante. Kante is a box to box player so he is great. 😂😂

Or I can say that kante is very athletic can cover tons of ground, is arguably the best in the world at stealing ball from opp, very adept at bringing the ball forward from deep. Etc2

But not a patch, on dictating play with his efficient technique, the pulse of the italian side, with Veratti the Artist

Italy dominated possession despite being a goal down for over an hour. Jorginho was a good part of that, although an ageing and injury prone Verrati is also a class act. Rice also had a fine game, as did Kane despite zero touches in Italy penalty area, but Rice basically played too deep, as did the whole english team. I cannot see that, at the moment, rice would be an upgrade on jorginho or a good fit with him. 

7 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Italy dominated possession despite being a goal down for over an hour. Jorginho was a good part of that, although an ageing and injury prone Verrati is also a class act. Rice also had a fine game, as did Kane despite zero touches in Italy penalty area, but Rice basically played too deep, as did the whole english team. I cannot see that, at the moment, rice would be an upgrade on jorginho or a good fit with him. 

And there is the Paradox of the current English side, Philips and Rice, and supplemented by Mountin midfield, yet our Centre forward was best in midfield, and totally 100% pathetic in their box, play the spud in the middle, and get a more mobile striker, simple really Gareth.....

5 hours ago, Drogba1 said:

Does this guy win Ballon D'or now?

Very unlikely I would imagine. Would have had a better chance if he had put away his penalty as he'd probably have been crowned POTT instead of Donnarumma then.

With that said. He controlled the proceedings yesterday with Verratti and he's had a fantastic Euro. Jorginho completed more passes yesterday than Rice, Phillips, Henderson and Mount combined.

1 hour ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Had a brilliant tournament! Hope he can carry on that form into the new season.

I don't think anything really changes in that regard. For me Premier League is a bit too pacy for him. I mean he will play well but make those game changing mistakes as he has done all his Chelsea career. It is all about support from Kante and his team mates. Players slip by him and he needs the support. Italy did brilliantly in that regard. I have to say Italy's midfield played so beautifully in this tournament. Only Spain outplayed them. 

Anyway Jorginho is criminally underrated among Chelsea fans. Some of the criticism is fair but many times all of that bad play just visibly hinges on him as he takes massive responsibility of the play. 

3 hours ago, evissy said:

I don't think anything really changes in that regard. For me Premier League is a bit too pacy for him. I mean he will play well but make those game changing mistakes as he has done all his Chelsea career. It is all about support from Kante and his team mates. Players slip by him and he needs the support. Italy did brilliantly in that regard. I have to say Italy's midfield played so beautifully in this tournament. Only Spain outplayed them. 

Anyway Jorginho is criminally underrated among Chelsea fans. Some of the criticism is fair but many times all of that bad play just visibly hinges on him as he takes massive responsibility of the play. 

3 at the back definitely helps with his lack of pace.

15 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

3 at the back definitely helps with his lack of pace.

It is more than 3 at the back, it is the fact that our two wb are asked to play very2 aggressive hence Jorginho barely need to cover wide area. 

4 hours ago, weetee said:

Wonderful player. Imho we should build our tactics around him and Kanté (Kova). Amazing to have such a supreme midfield at hand! 

Can't agre anymore. 👍👍👍

We should build our midfielder around Jorginho and Kante. Imagine Jorginho picking up the ball and give it to Kante to bring it forward. Or Kante run around covering plenty of ground to compensate for Jorginho lack of mobility. 

Edited by Bob stark

12 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Congrats to Jorginho for euro.

Starter for euro n cl winner, wonderful and rare achievement. 

I saw a "stat" somewhere a couple of day ago and there were only a couple of players (about 6 I think) who won CL and the Euro during the same season. And of those four were Chelsea players. Torres and Mata and forgot the other two. Now we have Emerson and Jorgi up there as well. Quite the Chelsea-stat..

12 hours ago, ozboy said:

I don't see Rice as a top player just yet and I feel like if he changed his team it would definitely help his further development, we'll see if Tuchel wants him.

With that said he did really well in the first half and made life miserable for Barella but once Barella was out Rice didn't have any say about the game.

Jorginho controlled most of the match in a similar fashion like we do against a team like West Ham/Palace.

46 minutes ago, weetee said:

I saw a "stat" somewhere a couple of day ago and there were only a couple of players (about 6 I think) who won CL and the Euro during the same season. And of those four were Chelsea players. Torres and Mata and forgot the other two. Now we have Emerson and Jorgi up there as well. Quite the Chelsea-stat..

These are the players:

1964: Luis Suárez (Internazionale Milano & Spain)
1988: Hans van Breukelen, Ronald Koeman, Berry van Aerle, Gerald Vanenburg (PSV Eindhoven & Netherlands)
2012: Fernando Torres, Juan Mata (Chelsea & Spain)
2016: Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe (Real Madrid & Portugal)
2020: Jorginho (Chelsea and Italy)

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/0255-0d9f3196fa32-dea079086fca-1000--jorginho-s-european-cup-euro-double/

Edited by Gol15

11 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I can't seem to find others...

Italy is also in the Uefa Nations leage finals in October . They play Spain in the Semis and then the winner plays Either Belgium or France in the Final. If they win it then Jorgi and Emerson will be on an island by themselves..

7 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Italy is also in the Uefa Nations leage finals in October . They play Spain in the Semis and then the winner plays Either Belgium or France in the Final. If they win it then Jorgi and Emerson will be on an island by themselves..

With that said, there is 1 thing that makes Jorginho solo on top already:

E6DlBpxWQAUx3oo?format=jpg&name=large

42 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

These are the players:

1964: Luis Suárez (Internazionale Milano & Spain)
1988: Hans van Breukelen, Ronald Koeman, Berry van Aerle, Gerald Vanenburg (PSV Eindhoven & Netherlands)
2012: Fernando Torres, Juan Mata (Chelsea & Spain)
2016: Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe (Real Madrid & Portugal)
2020: Jorginho (Chelsea and Italy)

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/0255-0d9f3196fa32-dea079086fca-1000--jorginho-s-european-cup-euro-double/

Hmm, what I saw excluded most likely everything pre CL-reform. You missed Emerson 2021 though. Even more impressive having 4/6 players (excluding psv/Inter players for whatever reason). I‘m extremely content with Italy winning the euro but if England would have won it‘d be even more onesided with James/Mount/Chilwell.

Had a very good tournament, I've noticed his defensive improvement in tackling and winning balls in aggressive movement.

It's good to have a such an experienced player like this in the squad, he showed good form and deserves the praise.

Sometimes it looks like he's overrated player because his impact on the game is none, but when he shows his class, then he is a crucial player. 

Overall I'm happy to have him, he is a very good guy in the dressing room, good footballer and this is what we need in our team. Big congrats on these huge trophies, let's hope we will get it from him in the incoming season.