Jump to content

Jorginho is a Blue


Zeta
 Share

Recommended Posts


44 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I love the guy but I just find that ridiculous. It also really highlights how pointless indvidual awards are. 

Jorginho is great when part of a great team. Without Kante, Mount, Silva, Azpi around him, he's nowhere near the conversation.

These awards are a popularity contest fuelled by lobbying from big sports brands and other sponsors. Jorgi has done well and deserves the praise, winning the Euros whilst playing alongside bums like Chiellini, Donnarumma and Chiesa. He did though have a good finish to the season and having been an integral part of two winning teams was always in the conversation despite only having one MoTM award from UEFA in our run in to the trophy. No prizes for guessing who got 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The man has won 3 Uefa trophies this year and been an intergral part of both teams. Him winning the trophy is a no brainer. I also don't know why KDB is even nominated he was injured for a lot of last season and Gundogoan was the more important player for citys run. If the award was based on talent then KDB wins but its about trophies.

 

ITS COMING HOME...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jorginho isn't winning any popularity contest, all he wins is based on merit.

That Italian team calls him the professor and without him they don't win the Euro, same story with us winning the CL. The argument how he only won because he played with great players can be made to every player that has ever won something. Even Ronaldo had the best Man United generation playing with him and Messi had the best Spanish generation playing with him as well but nobody denies their status among their respective teams.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Jorginho isn't winning any popularity contest, all he wins is based on merit.

That Italian team calls him the professor and without him they don't win the Euro, same story with us winning the CL. The argument how he only won because he played with great players can be made to every player that has ever won something. Even Ronaldo had the best Man United generation playing with him and Messi had the best Spanish generation playing with him as well but nobody denies their status among their respective teams.

 

Exactly there is no I in team. Individual awards are total bollocks and about selling merchandise. Without the rest of the team the individual is nothing. You win as a team and similarly lose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I love the guy but I just find that ridiculous. It also really highlights how pointless indvidual awards are. 

Jorginho is great when part of a great team. Without Kante, Mount, Silva, Azpi around him, he's nowhere near the conversation.

I think the fact that we are Chelsea fans make Jorginho pick a bit awkward. We are obviously happy that our player is considered to be one of the best player in the world but at the same time, he is probably not even the 8th best player in our team, in fact last week against Arse he was clearly our worst player. 

Edited by Bob stark
Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I think the fact that we are Chelsea fans make Jorginho pick a bit awkward. We are obviously happy that our player is considered to be one of the best player in the world but at the same time, he is probably not even the 8th best player in our team, in fact last week against Arse he was clearly our worst player. 

I think you do Jorgi a bit of a disservice. Mine and others point is that rather than being an outstanding individual he is very much part of a teams that didn't really have a 'star' name. Would they have won their respective trophies without him quite possibly...we will never know. The nominations for uefa player of the year is interesting as there was no outstanding candidate. Ask most Chelsea fans and Kante would have been the most important player in our run to the final a fact backed up by his 4 UEFA player of the match awards. As for Italy I would say they had a variety of players who did a good job for them without an outstanding individual. Of course like Gol says he is called the professor by his teammates so maybe that swings it in his favour. Who knows?

An interesting fact though is that this award  is given by UEFA based on their ratings by their assessors in their competitions. Jorgi managed just one MoTM across both competitions.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/026a-127f3b6cf94b-53633417795b-1000--every-star-of-the-match/

 

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0266-11978e81e53e-db876315e61f-1000--every-player-of-the-match/

Whilst Donnarumma was named player of the tournament. So how they have based their nominations is unknown bar a lobbying effort made through various media outlets. A popularity contest.

Personally I prefer to think of him as a very good player within two very good teams who both fully deserved their wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has a lot of underrating matters in him, but also some overrating.

The stats made by him are very good, in both teams ( especially in the last Euro ), there is a reason that he plays in the starting lineup and was playing the most important games in the season. 

He is a good player, very smart and has his qualities that not many players have. I believe he deserves to be nominated in the list, not sure that he should win it, but this season led him in top midfielders list. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

We left Liverpool in the mud, the PL had Van Dijk to win this individual award 3 seasons ago but this right now is one step beyond because only Ronaldo won the CL, Euro and the Uefa POTY award in the same year.

E9u7zFOWEAIP79e?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Massive kudos to Jorgi and @Gol15 for sticking by Jorgi.

Congrats Jorginho!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, charierre said:

I think you do Jorgi a bit of a disservice. Mine and others point is that rather than being an outstanding individual he is very much part of a teams that didn't really have a 'star' name. Would they have won their respective trophies without him quite possibly...we will never know. The nominations for uefa player of the year is interesting as there was no outstanding candidate. Ask most Chelsea fans and Kante would have been the most important player in our run to the final a fact backed up by his 4 UEFA player of the match awards. As for Italy I would say they had a variety of players who did a good job for them without an outstanding individual. Of course like Gol says he is called the professor by his teammates so maybe that swings it in his favour. Who knows?

An interesting fact though is that this award  is given by UEFA based on their ratings by their assessors in their competitions. Jorgi managed just one MoTM across both competitions.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/026a-127f3b6cf94b-53633417795b-1000--every-star-of-the-match/

 

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0266-11978e81e53e-db876315e61f-1000--every-player-of-the-match/

Whilst Donnarumma was named player of the tournament. So how they have based their nominations is unknown bar a lobbying effort made through various media outlets. A popularity contest.

Personally I prefer to think of him as a very good player within two very good teams who both fully deserved their wins.

Honestly, I am glad one of our player to be recognized to be  uefa player of the year. 

My point is this. We have a big game coming up and if we bench Jorginho against pool next week, we probably won't bat an eye. That is it. 

Congrats to Jorginho 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Good on Jorginho. Always good to see a Chelsea player win an award like this.

But look the key question in this is how many ballots did you stuff @Gol15?

You say always and I agree, though it's the first time a Chelsea player has won an award like this. One step beyond J5 maestro, the real question is how was KDB second in votes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

You say always and I agree, though it's the first time a Chelsea player has won an award like this. One step beyond J5 maestro, the real question is how was KDB second in votes.

Really? Well that is something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Congratulations to Schrodinger's Jorginho - a player who somehow won a popular vote while simultaneously being "so underrated".

Good one 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!