Jorginho is a Blue

Zeta

10 minutes ago, Deino said:

Sarri must be beaming with pride. He took a chance on one of the most controversial midfielders ever and the guy turned out to become the best player in Europe. 

Is that actually true though? When Jorginho came to Chelsea he was allegedly one of the most sought-after midfielders ever. Prior to that he was a well-known player who was misused by Benitez. 

16 hours ago, sonic90 said:

I think his contract renewal will be more expensive after winning this accolade.

I wonder if he and Kante will get to extend their contracts, both will be over 30 when their current contracts expire.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

I wonder if he and Kante will get to extend their contracts, both will be over 30 when their current contracts expire.

Depends if we want to leave it till the final year, we should still be extending contracts when they have 2 years left instead of just 1. Cahill extended at 29 to go into his 30s so it's not really that we want to offer 1 year deals only for 30 year olds.

Jorginho doesn't rely on physicality so we should be looking to give him a new deal after or during this season imo.

4 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Is that actually true though? When Jorginho came to Chelsea he was allegedly one of the most sought-after midfielders ever. Prior to that he was a well-known player who was misused by Benitez. 

I meant it as back in the Napoli days. Benitez gave him starts here and there but it was Sarri that converted him into a regista and made Jorgi a mainstay. 

Back then, I don't think anyone thought he'd succeed at the very highest level. He's not athletic, fast or strong and his qualities are intangible, very controversial for a modern top level CM.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

The award looks like medical model of either a heart with arteries or a womb with fallopian tubes :shok: 

True. Begs the question: who designs these awards.

2 hours ago, timetowaste said:

great read, thanks for sharing!  What a story, and how great that his parents, even though separated, both told him he wasn't coming home!

3 hours ago, timetowaste said:

Very inspirational, I think for anyone that still doubts this man this should be enough to convince you he's cut from elite cloth. It's funny because despite the booing he got in his first season it only happened once things started to go badly for the whole team. Some of the fans forgot that he was an integral part to our earlier success with Sarri that season when we competed with City and Liverpool during the early rounds of the prem. 

Fun fact about Jorginho since he joined our team we have reached a final every single season (Europa Cup and League Cup 18/19, Fa Cup 19/20, Fa Cup 20/21 and of course UCL 20/21) but, I'm sure thats just a coincidence 😉 and if we include the Super cup that's 7 Cup finals in 3  seasons (technically 4 since the super cup was the start of this season)

Italy tied the record of 35 consecutive games without defeat which is now equal to the all time record of Spain and Brazil.

2018 - present: • Italy = 35 games 🌟

1993 - 1996: • Brazil = 35 games 🌟

2007 - 2009: • Spain = 35 games 🌟

E-W7lRYXoAUiSk6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If they win or draw against Switzerland they will become the most consistent team ever with 36 games without defeat. Huge game after the draw vs Bulgaria anyway.

Another missed penalty for jorgi boy against Switzerland. I feel like goalies have gotten hip to his technique. Especially with the fact that he doesn't generate much power due to his hip so basically if u can fake to one side and dive to the other you have a good chance of saving it. Hopefully he scores his next one for the blues or Romelu might take up the job

2 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Another missed penalty for jorgi boy against Switzerland. I feel like goalies have gotten hip to his technique. Especially with the fact that he doesn't generate much power due to his hip so basically if u can fake to one side and dive to the other you have a good chance of saving it. Hopefully he scores his next one for the blues or Romelu might take up the job

Romelu has an excellent record for pens, I personally want him to be our first choice pen taker now.

I always say the problem with Jorgi's penalties is lack of variation. To me it just seems logical to stress out the keeper by making him always guess whether he'll do the hop or not. Am I insane for thinking that? I mean, if I had this thought then surely someone as savy as Jorginho could vision that. 

1 hour ago, timetowaste said:

I can’t remember what game it was but I remember once he just stepped up and smashed it instead of his usual technique. If he did that more often it would give the goalies more to think about. 

I believe it was the first game we got a penalty under Tuchel. Jorginho was reinstated as our first choice pen taker after Lamps took him off for Timo

A lot of it is up to Tuchel. Jorginho is a player that gets the trust but Lukaku is a top striker. I think that Lukaku being left-footed also adds to his penalties in a positive way but he just came to the club so it's all about keeping everyone happy. Lukaku didn't miss any penalty in recent times so that's like an argument there for Lukaku but Jorginho missed just a few in his whole career. It's on paper just a smaller detail but if we get a penalty I don't want to see our players taking the ball from each other like it already happen under Lampard once so things need to be clear, either Jorginho stays as the designated penalty taker or Lukaku is given that role.

If Lukaku is going for some golden boot award, taking penalties can help him to reach it, he could very well end up being the top striker in the league but if he's not scoring for us as much as we hoped he could request to take penalties in order to boost his stats a bit. As long as he scores goals it's good enough for me.