Zeta

Jorginho is a Blue

Subbed on the hour 0-1 down to Wolverhampton, a pretty humiliating day for Jorginho, Sarri losing faith with him by the looks of it. Kovacic much the same, we improved when they went off and were more able to contain pressure on Wolves penalty area, which ultimately led to our late goal.

Needs dropping pronto, both of them.

Unfortunately i dont think Sarri will drop either.

Couldn't agree more with the above. He was rightly subbed off and was absolutely awful all game. After the goal last week, I was hoping we would see him kick on and start showing his worth in the team. Sadly he was back to his usual self today.

Subbed off and rightly so he was absolutely awful. Even sarri must see we got better once he was off the pitch

has to be dropped

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, coco said:

Subbed on the hour 0-1 down to Wolverhampton, a pretty humiliating day for Jorginho, Sarri losing faith with him by the looks of it. Kovacic much the same, we improved when they went off and were more able to contain pressure on Wolves penalty area, which ultimately led to our late goal.

Needs dropping pronto, both of them.

Unfortunately i dont think Sarri will drop either.

Sarri said post match that the sub was due to formation change, not performance, and he actually made some excuses for Jorginho - said that it is hard on him when his teammates don’t move without the ball.

Jorginho was not at his best though, that’s for sure.

Edited by mwblue10

I thought when he went off recently our midfield lost its balance but with the formation change we were much, much better. I’ve always preferred the 4-2-3-1 formation of old. 

4 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Sarri said post match that the sub was due to formation change, not performance, and he actually made some excuses for Jorginho - said that it is hard on him when his teammates don’t move without the ball.

Jorginho was not at his best though, that’s for sure.

The only formation change that could have helped us vs a well organized and physical Wolves team was to play Higuain and Giroud to occupy their physical defenders and create gaps. Also Sarri is partly responsible for Jorginhos poor form. You overplay him in a physical and fast paced league - it will eventually catch up with him as it did a lot of our players. I am not making excuses for Jorginho as I agree with a lot of folks assessment of how poor he is, but overplaying him is only making things worse for him and that is on Sarri.

I feel sorry for the guy, Sarri has pretty much pinned everything on him. He's out of form or simply not good enough but starts all the time. That's not his fault.

I do think he's an extremely limited footballer though and really struggle to see how he's playing this standard of football.

Couldn't agree more with the above. He was rightly subbed off and was absolutely awful all game. After the goal last week, I was hoping we would see him kick on and start showing his worth in the team. Sadly he was back to his usual self today.
He was awful all game? Please elaborate on this. I'm genuinely interested seeing as how quite a few people hold this same opinion.

56 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I actually thought today was one of his better games, dropped some lovely first time balls in behind and looked energetic.

I agree.

Feels like he plays the kind of role where he’s always going to look underwhelming unless the other players are making the right moves. He’s not Fabregas, who can put outrageous passes onto a strikers feet, he’s a conductor who drives play with fast, small passes. If the guys ahead of him aren’t in the right positions to receive passes and get the attack moving, he’s always going to have to play sideways or back to keep the ball moving.

Feel really bad for him that he’s being blamed for the teams performance, and it really sucks that our fans booed him the other week. We’re better than that, that sh*t is what we slate Madrid for.

I liked the first 40 minutes, then two players pressured him, took the ball off him and Wolves almost scored, then it was back to square one from him. 

1 minute ago, Zeta said:

Not playing well and I don't think he really suits the PL, but is being made a scapegoat, when there are issues throughout the whole club. Was jeered off when he was subbed yesterday, which was harsh, despite his performance.

Sad, he got the winner in our last outing. We have some very fickle fans.

Not really sure why he's been made a scapegoat really.

His job is to keep us in possession and help the play to the danger areas, something we do just fine on both counts. Our problems start when we are in danger areas, that's down to the five Infront of him and to an extent the fullbacks.

If we are going to start blaming Jorginho for our lack of bite in the final third we may aswell start blaming Kepa.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Argo said:

His job is to keep us in possession and help the play to the danger areas, something we do just fine on both counts. Our problems start when we are in danger areas, that's down to the five Infront of him and to an extent the fullbacks.

If we are going to start blaming Jorginho for our lack of bite in the final third we may aswell start blaming Kepa.

Even at the start of the season, there wasn't a lot whole of flair to his play.

His job has always been to dictate the tempo, so he doesn't wow fans with long-range Hollywood passes very often (which TBF I would like him to execute a little more often for variety and because I do think he is capable of it) or long-range strikes, nor does he have Kante's energy or defensive abilities. 

Edited by DaRick

56 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Not playing well and I don't think he really suits the PL, but is being made a scapegoat, when there are issues throughout the whole club. Was jeered off when he was subbed yesterday, which was harsh, despite his performance.

I gave a cheer because Sarri was making a different,bold and attacking sub. But am aware our fans aren't generally clever enough to do that. 

Jorginho played well in my opinion yesterday and considering we don't have many midfielders for next year, we should be getting behind our team more

1 hour ago, Argo said:

If I were to guess it’s because he basically symbolises Sarri-ball.

When he was signed he was sold to us as being the metronome that makes the system work.

System isn’t working? Must be Jorginho’s fault.

Simplistic and reductive? Yup, but that’s how it works sometimes.

That decision to sell Cesc just looked really stupid now, I would think with 70% possession, Cesc would have picked out a few passes in the final third.

Not really Jorginho's fault yesterday, but he still couldn't defend and not really contributing anything in the final third. Again, maybe there are not his jobs, his job is to keep the ball and let others break the defence down.

37 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

That decision to sell Cesc just looked really stupid now, I would think with 70% possession, Cesc would have picked out a few passes in the final third.

Not really Jorginho's fault yesterday, but he still couldn't defend and not really contributing anything in the final third. Again, maybe there are not his jobs, his job is to keep the ball and let others break the defence down.

He couldn't defend? Wolves one shot all game. 

I thought he was good in the 1st half. Considering I've heard people say he gave the ball alot, we had nearly 80% possession. We really struggled to break wolves down, but the only times we got half a chance was down to jorginho playing balls through their midfield, or occasionally over the top. 

He was out muscled for the ball right before half time, which I think stayed in people's heads a bit. Second half I dont think we really got started, and it was right to bring him off and try something different. 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

I thought he was good in the 1st half. Considering I've heard people say he gave the ball alot, we had nearly 80% possession. We really struggled to break wolves down, but the only times we got half a chance was down to jorginho playing balls through their midfield, or occasionally over the top. 

He was out muscled for the ball right before half time, which I think stayed in people's heads a bit. Second half I dont think we really got started, and it was right to bring him off and try something different. 

I saw it the same way, he didn't do anything bad, but that's mainly because Wolves players were not in his face, he always gets plenty of space and time when we play the teams who sit back and don't press until we enter their half. But why do these teams not press him and try to get possession? is it because he doesn't have the key to unlock the defence and they don't see him in possession as much danger, easily contained, concentrating on the real danger in Eden ? I think Loftus-cheek showed more potential at unlocking the Wolves defence when he came on by running at them directly with the ball and forcing errors from the defence. I can't see why Kante cannot do Jorginhos job and RLC do Kantes job, ying and yang.

He put 3 superb first time balls over the top yesterday that were poorly controlled by the receiving player, standing of him didn't work.