Zeta

Jorginho is a Blue

Played better tonight, putting in challenges and looked sharper.

He's getting more aggressive which seems to take sometime for him to adjust but he has and now he doesn't get bullied breaks up play with tactical fouls position is great making lots of interceptions and just need a front three and midfielder two that constantly move to create space for him. He will turn out to be a fantastic signing.....

Starting to see him string a few good games together now, looks so much better but don't know why. Hopefully he will play like this 90% of the time next season.

I think he's been much more aggressive in recent matches, don't know whether this is his own doing or Sarri's instructing him to press higher/harder.

Regardless, it's working. He's beginning to show signs of why Sarri trusts him to lead this midfield and dictate our tempo. Looking a man with a winning desire, and its rubbing off on the team around, collectively we pressed and harried Frankfurt and Watford very well (albeit much better in both 2nd halves).

Long may it continue, he's a class act on this form.

21 minutes ago, spadefx said:

I think he's been much more aggressive in recent matches, don't know whether this is his own doing or Sarri's instructing him to press higher/harder.

Regardless, it's working. He's beginning to show signs of why Sarri trusts him to lead this midfield and dictate our tempo. Looking a man with a winning desire, and its rubbing off on the team around, collectively we pressed and harried Frankfurt and Watford very well (albeit much better in both 2nd halves).

Long may it continue, he's a class act on this form.

It's his magic bandage.

38 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Starting to see him string a few good games together now, looks so much better but don't know why. Hopefully he will play like this 90% of the time next season.

It's the bandage on his head.

Jorginho has greatly improved in these last few games. A post above points to Jorginho being more aggressive which I think we’ve certainly seen in the last few games. Hopefully he keeps up this good form and, alongside RLC in midfield, delivers some silverware for us this season. 

Edited by sabin6912

9 hours ago, Amputechture said:

You know he's performed well when it's been over ten minutes since @just has posted on this thread :wink:

Careful Ampie. You used to post the exact same comment on those rare occasions Torres had 90 minutes without tripping over his own feet. And we all know how that ended up!

Edited by just

Another thing about Jorginho...

He has played 49 games so far, pretty much having played more than 70 mins in most games. He’s not showing any sign of fatigue. His fitness is top notch.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Another thing about Jorginho...

He has played 49 games so far, pretty much having played more than 70 mins in most games. He’s not showing any sign of fatigue. His fitness is top notch.

Must be all that pointing keeping him fit. 

12 hours ago, just said:

Careful Ampie. You used to post the exact same comment on those rare occasions Torres had 90 minutes without tripping over his own feet. And we all know how that ended up!

Gary Neville will orgasm over his goal?

The Guardian football section it seems dislikes Chelsea- minimal coverage as compared to other top 4s, always highlight the negative, but today something positive finally in their season's 'unsung eleven of the prem league'

"Midfield: Jorginho (Chelsea)

Those passes. Those endless, endless, passes. There have been over 2,900 - more than any other player – and, according to the critics, not a single one has been any good. Yet surely there should be more appreciation of the season Jorginho has had. A first in England in which he has been a fundamental figure for a team that has guaranteed a top-four place with a game to spare, is into the semi-finals of the Europa League and reached the Carabao Cup final. Maybe, just maybe, he’s not a waste of space after all.

Jorginho, in action during Chelsea’s recent draw with Burnley, has come under criticism but he has been a key member of a team that has done well on multiple fronts.  Jorginho, in action during Chelsea’s recent draw with Burnley, has come under criticism but he has been a key member of a team that has done well on multiple fronts. Photograph: Andrew Fosker/BPI/REX/Shutterstock"

I’ve made no secret that I’m not a fan of his but he’s starting to win me round lately, his form has improved significantly. Personally I’d stop short of immense but he’s been good, even winning tackles and screening the back four which is a nice change. His turn on the edge of the box to start the counter last night was beautiful. I’ll wait to see him sustain it over more than a handful of games next season but it’s certainly promising signs.

I think he's done well the last few games and it can't be easy playing with someone as casual as David Luiz.