Zeta

Jorginho is a Blue

On 30/05/2019 at 06:42, Stim said:

Why can't I find a decent pic of him with the trophy? ?

bro did you see this one with Jorginho's Mom & his Sister?

D70jVXAW4AAb56m.png

Oh for a £100 million striker to turn those passes into goals!   To be fair though some of the stick he got was jusitified, but the onfield booing was a disgrace and embarrassing.  He started the seeason well, then went thru an awful period when his passing became desperately negative which is when the booing started. He showed character and came back well over the last couple of months and looked a good player. Will be interesting to see if he kicks on and becomes a really good player.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Every bit as good as Cesc with that ball in behind.

Some of those misses are just laughable, more so when you consider how many of them had a good first touch.  I think he should be given an assist for the penalty draw that Hazard then converted at Watford, but rules are rules.

Excited to see what Jorginho can do in the next couple of years now that he has a season of PL play under his belt, especially since he seemed to improve after that rough patch and was one of our best players in the latter part of the season.

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Every bit as good as Cesc with that ball in behind.

He's nowhere near as good as Cesc with the ball in behind. I could find a video of Jonjo Shelvey that would show me better passes, it proves nothing, it's easy to make a highlights reel that distorts the truth. You might want to look at Cesc's highlights reel from his last season with us, which proves that in order to keep making assists, you have to keep creating chances, because the vast majority will get missed, especially when you lack a top class forward.

Jorginho may have many qualities that Cesc doesn't, I don't know, that's up to you, I find Cesc a flawed player, but if you were a striker and you wanted someone to put it in behind, you'd choose Cesc long before you'd choose Jorginho.

We scored X amount of goals last season. Jorginho had zero assists and that's solely down to the strikers? No, fraid not. What about all the other goals we scored, were they just a coincidence? Let's remember too that Jorginho played a lot, almost every single game.

Most of those balls in behind are slow wafted passes, there are very few bonafide gilt-edged chances, compare these to Cesc's passes, and you'll see the difference. I'm sure there are ways in which you can compare Jorginho favourably to Cesc, but hitting a ball in behind from deep ain't one of them, and never will be.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

He's nowhere near as good as Cesc with the ball in behind. I could find a video of Jonjo Shelvey that would show me better passes, it proves nothing, it's easy to make a highlights reel that distorts the truth. You might want to look at Cesc's highlights reel from his last season with us, which proves that in order to keep making assists, you have to keep creating chances, because the vast majority will get missed, especially when you lack a top class forward.

Jorginho may have many qualities that Cesc doesn't, I don't know, that's up to you, I find Cesc a flawed player, but if you were a striker and you wanted someone to put it in behind, you'd choose Cesc long before you'd choose Jorginho.

We scored X amount of goals last season. Jorginho had zero assists and that's solely down to the strikers? No, fraid not. What about all the other goals we scored, were they just a coincidence? Let's remember too that Jorginho played a lot, almost every single game.

Most of those balls in behind are slow wafted passes, there are very few bonafide gilt-edged chances, compare these to Cesc's passes, and you'll see the difference. I'm sure there are ways in which you can compare Jorginho favourably to Cesc, but hitting a ball in behind from deep ain't one of them, and never will be.

Welcome back Davey.

Off the top of my head, he's Brazilian / Italian which has to trump being Spanish.

His birthday is in December which makes him a Sagittarius and all the best people are (despite the fact that Astrology is a load of old bollox)

He doesn't appear to have any ghastly tattoo's which is quite rare for your footballers these days but refreshing nonetheless.

That's about it.

Edited by Nibs

18 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Welcome back Davey.

Off the top of my head, he's Brazilian / Italian which has to trump being Spanish.

His birthday is in December which makes him a Sagittarius and all the best people are (despite the fact that Astrology is a load of old bollox)

He doesn't appear to have any ghastly tattoo's which is quite rare for your footballers these days but refreshing nonetheless.

That's about it.

He didnt play for Arsenal and Barcelona....

2-3 assists from those in the video were assists you should score. 10 or so offsides. Offside is as much Jorg's 'fault' as it is strikers. 10 or so were not very good passes. 

The diffrence between Cesc's assists and Jorginho's passes is Cesc's passes are perfectly timed and perfectly weighted. Jorginho has a good vision but his passes are usually too Light or illtimed or in another words not good enough. 

Cesc is a surgeon, Jorginho is the nurse. 

This is not Jorginho's main asset so don't worry about it. His job is to position, time, rhythm and release his teammates to go forward. 

On 10/06/2019 at 16:44, Davey Baby said:

I have missed you telling it like it is Davey. Spot on mate.

It will be interesting to see what happens with him now this summer.

I am sure Sarri will want to take him to Juve but with the transfer-ban we can't really afford to lose any midfielders.
Then again i don't think he would start for us if for example Lampard comes in so who knows what we do if Juve comes with a good bid.

19 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I am sure Sarri will want to take him to Juve but with the transfer-ban we can't really afford to lose any midfielders.
Then again i don't think he would start for us if for example Lampard comes in so who knows what we do if Juve comes with a good bid.

I think he would, for me it's a bit of a myth he's only suited to Sarri but even if that was true who would Lampard drop him for? Kante's already on the pitch, Barkley and Mount will be fighting for the more attacking spot, Kovacic is leaving.

Given Lampard's idea of football isn't exactly a million miles away from Sarri's it wouldn't surprise me if Jorginho's employed in a similar way under Frank.

God I hope not: ( there is a limit to everything and in any case we have pjanic already in that position

Don’t think he’ll leave.

Think he’d work well as one of the two holding players in a 4-2-3-1 or even just in a slightly more advanced role in a three man midfield. 

I can’t see another manager utilising him how Sarri did, I think that approach was an idiosyncrasy of “Sarri-ball”.