Zeta

Jorginho is a Blue

2 hours ago, just said:

Couldn't agree more EB. He was average to poor for much of the last campaign but he definitely got better at the back end of the season. Part of that was surely adapting to the faster pace of the EPL.

Personally, I would still like him to be more athletic, more physical, to really dominate an EPL midfield and I feel when CHO and RLC are back and fully fit he probably won't be a nailed on starter as he was last year, regardless of how he played.

What I am really, really impressed with though is his attitude and determination. He could have taken the easy option and buggered off back to Italy with Sarri. But he has chosen to stay and he looks like he has totally brought in to the "Lampard project". His passion and determination last night really shone out, especially when he took the penalties. I hope he kicks on again and has a fantastic season. 

@just and @EdinburghBlue sum it up for me. Haven't been a fan but looks as if he can flourish under FL.

Couldn't agree more EB. He was average to poor for much of the last campaign but he definitely got better at the back end of the season. Part of that was surely adapting to the faster pace of the EPL.
Personally, I would still like him to be more athletic, more physical, to really dominate an EPL midfield and I feel when CHO and RLC are back and fully fit he probably won't be a nailed on starter as he was last year, regardless of how he played.
What I am really, really impressed with though is his attitude and determination. He could have taken the easy option and buggered off back to Italy with Sarri. But he has chosen to stay and he looks like he has totally brought in to the "Lampard project". His passion and determination last night really shone out, especially when he took the penalties. I hope he kicks on again and has a fantastic season. 
Not just him. Also Kovacic. He already looks like a premier league player under Lampard whereas under Sarri he looked like a sh*te Dale Jasper.

I have no idea why, but the turning point seemed to be when he wore the bandage on his head for a couple of games. Up until then he loooked a bit wimpy, almost like a lad in a mens game. Then all of sudden he was showing real grit and determination, along with more positive passing.   

I have always quite liked jorginho, i liked him at Napoli, and i was excited when we signed him. 

That said, he did have a difficult 3 months last year, between the everton game, until the league cup final when he picked up form again. 

I think some of the criticism was very harsh, some players take a year to adjust. 

The biggest thing that has impressed me the most though, is his resilience. There arent too many players that could come back so strongly after being booed by their own fans. He has real character and grit, and he seems to really want to be a chelsea player. 

Really good example to anyone going through a rough patch.

57 minutes ago, loz said:
4 hours ago, just said:

Not just him. Also Kovacic. He already looks like a premier league player under Lampard whereas under Sarri he looked like a sh*te Dale Jasper.

Dale Jasper!! Now there's a throw back Loz.

I remember going up to the old Roker Park in '85 when we played Sunderland in the League Cup semi. It was a bitterly cold night and the pitch was half frozen. The game should have been called off. I think Joe McLaughlin got injured? Anyway Jasper had to come on and play centre-back. He really was Bambi on ice that night and gave away two penalties. We lost 2 - 0 and after the game it was carnage outside.

36 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Defintely needs Kante alongside him. Players run past him so easily.

I think the same could be said of Eriksen for Spurs yet his passes could certainly win matches.

1 hour ago, just said:

Dale Jasper!! Now there's a throw back Loz.

I remember going up to the old Roker Park in '85 when we played Sunderland in the League Cup semi. It was a bitterly cold night and the pitch was half frozen. The game should have been called off. I think Joe McLaughlin got injured? Anyway Jasper had to come on and play centre-back. He really was Bambi on ice that night and gave away two penalties. We lost 2 - 0 and after the game it was carnage outside.

I remember things kicking off in the  2nd leg at the Bridge when a Chelsea fan tried to attack Clive Walker. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, STATS said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11793779/is-jorginho-winning-over-the-chelsea-supporters-under-frank-lampard

Fantastic read and gives alternative perspective to the ignorance of people who say he has no assists.

I blame this guy for putting that thought into people's mind

Edited by robdog

On 15/08/2019 at 22:12, Dixons said:

I have no idea why, but the turning point seemed to be when he wore the bandage on his head for a couple of games. Up until then he loooked a bit wimpy, almost like a lad in a mens game. Then all of sudden he was showing real grit and determination, along with more positive passing.   

Wonder what they implanted.👳‍♂️

The guy is cursed, maybe on his next penalty he can look to lay it off for someone to run onto, similar to Messi-Suarez..... It'll probably turn out more like Henry-Pires

On 15/08/2019 at 23:53, Strider6003 said:

I think the same could be said of Eriksen for Spurs yet his passes could certainly win matches.

Eriksen plays further forward because he offers a significant goal threat and a playmaking ability, 2 things massively lacking in Jorginho’s game

Frankie just said some nice things about Jorginho and his leadership skills. Anyone seeing Reece taking the spot from Azpi and Jorginho being made the captain when Dave doesn't play..?

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Frankie just said some nice things about Jorginho and his leadership skills. Anyone seeing Reece taking the spot from Azpi and Jorginho being made the captain when Dave doesn't play..?

antonio-rudiger-chelsea_8zsfrhxm3i9z1tao

10 hours ago, evissy said:

Could be also Rudiger. We have good choices.

For me Rudiger & Jorginho are the only two choices. We’ve gone from having the likes of JT, Lamps, Didier, Ashley Cole, Ivanovo, Ballack, Cech etc. as leaders in the team to struggling to find any.