Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

26 minutes ago, Argo said:

Everyone says he improved so much but I don't see it, he was already very good. The only reason people (some fans and especially pundits) are starting to acknowledge his class is because Lampard has done the very awkward thing of playing him and Kante in the exact same positions Sarri did, meaning it's easier to say he improved as opposed to admit Sarri was right all along.

I always said Sarri had it right, it was just an easy stick for his detractors to beat him with. 

Scored again for Italy last night. 

Everyone says he improved so much but I don't see it, he was already very good. The only reason people (some fans and especially pundits) are starting to acknowledge his class is because Lampard has done the very awkward thing of playing him and Kante in the exact same positions Sarri did, meaning it's easier to say he improved as opposed to admit Sarri was right all along.

I said something similar when Lampard was appointed "watch the media and fans change because Lampard is in charge " and that's exactly what happened haven't heard anyone said "actually Sarri was correct". It's very hard to admit it.

3 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I always said Sarri had it right, it was just an easy stick for his detractors to beat him with. 

Scored again for Italy last night. 

Sarri had it right but a bit too safe. Frank has the benefit of him already used to the pace and how to play in the PL.

Jorginho takes the yellows that Kante used to take for us. Kante has a lot more freedom now compared to the seasons before 

I think it would be objective to say this guy is a really good player at the moment. 

Really happy to see him turn it around, given that he's had Kante missing to help him he has done an excellent job, always pulls the strings. Some of his passing today was absolutely superb, just split their defence in half. 

Just now, Slojo said:

I think it would be objective to say this guy is a really good player at the moment. 

Really happy to see him turn it around, given that he's had Kante missing to help him he has done an excellent job, always pulls the strings. Some of his passing today was absolutely superb, just split their defence in half. 

I thought he controlled the midfield in the 2nd half. He was a bit quiet in the 1st half, but as soon as he upped his game in the second half, we were creating a lot more chances.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I thought he controlled the midfield in the 2nd half. He was a bit quiet in the 1st half, but as soon as he upped his game in the second half, we were creating a lot more chances.

He seems to be a slow starter, he's had a few sloppy first halfs but the second half almost everything comes through him. 

In the first half he took command, kept telling Zouma and Tomori to get forward and keep the ball in their half. Kept taking control of the game and getting in the right areas, I think Newcastle actually got tired from all the work they had to put in the first half. 

Jorginho has a very high football IQ and his long range passing is crisp, Mount really should have done better on that pass he made shortly before the goal, it would've been an easy tap in for Abraham if he just brought it down correctly. 

2 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

Honestly can’t see why he’s getting so much praise when he seems just as poor as last season with his defensive shortcomings, 4 bookings already because players bypass him so easily and he can’t screen a defence to save his life

wind up is this? there were 4 separate occasions on which he won the ball of Sain Maximin.. he won the ball from Joe Linton for the goal.. broke up numerous attacks... and led our press.. and this is just defensive side of things.. honestly dont know if you actually watched the game!

wind up is this? there were 4 separate occasions on which he won the ball of Sain Maximin.. he won the ball from Joe Linton for the goal.. broke up numerous attacks... and led our press.. and this is just defensive side of things.. honestly dont know if you actually watched the game!
He's being a troll so ignore him

He's probably our only untouchable at the minute with the outfielders.

Anyone else we can lose and the team performance by in large won't be too highly affected (even Kante as has shown) but I don't think we will be able to control games the way we have lately even against the likes of Newcastle if Jorginho wasn't playing.

Hopefully Gilmour is being moulded into an alternative because "Sarri's pet" is just as crucial to Lampard's brand of football, if not more so.

2 hours ago, Brutos said:
8 hours ago, Jangz said:

He's being a troll so ignore him

I guess every pundit in England is a troll too for not rating a poor midfielder with minimal effect on the games (when you actually watch them properly so not half this forum)

The same fans that were slaughtering him under Sarri are praising him under Lampard despite playing the same position with the same dogsh*t performances and virtually no improvement or difference

Let’s not forget his (lack of) presence in midfield has directly led to goals like the Norwich game but people chose to scapegoat the CBs constantly left exposed by him, he’s still highly unathletic/weak and very unsuited to the Prem but please continue to ignore his weaknesses

Edited by RJBOfficial

1 hour ago, RJBOfficial said:

I guess every pundit in England is a troll too for not rating a poor midfielder with minimal effect on the games (when you actually watch them properly so not half this forum)

Would these be the same pundits that slated Southampton for sacking Nigel Adkins and replacing him with Pochettino? Or the ones that were so adamantly stating Solskjaer was the right man for United? Or the ones that said we were wrong replacing Cudicini with Cech and persisting with Drogba?

You've really weakened your argument bringing pundits into it, 95% of them don't have a clue.

Edited by Argo

15 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

Honestly can’t see why he’s getting so much praise when he seems just as poor as last season with his defensive shortcomings, 4 bookings already because players bypass him so easily and he can’t screen a defence to save his life

Most of his bookings were necessary fouls to stop counterattacks. I have no idea which games you watched.

I'd also question your judgment on pundits. Most of them are pointless. Especially has-beens like Souness, Merson and his ilk. 

7 minutes ago, Deino said:

Most of his bookings were necessary fouls to stop counterattacks. I have no idea which games you watched.

I'd also question your judgment on pundits. Most of them are pointless. Especially has-beens like Souness, Merson and his ilk. 

*Most of his bookings were due to his lack of athleticism to stop counterattacks, 4 bookings in 8 games isn’t normal

1 hour ago, RJBOfficial said:

*Most of his bookings were due to his lack of athleticism to stop counterattacks, 4 bookings in 8 games isn’t normal

Does that apply to Fernandinho and Rodri aswell? Both have a record of fouling to stop counters.

When you play in a highly demanding attacking system the risk of the counter is always there, stick prime Maka in this system and there be times he's stretched aswell.

5 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

The same fans that were slaughtering him under Sarri are praising him under Lampard despite playing the same position with the same dogsh*t performances and virtually no improvement or difference

Can you prove that he's having the exact same performances this season in comparison to the previous one? I will need a peer-reviewed quantitative study as a reference, thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, RJBOfficial said:

Let’s not forget his (lack of) presence in midfield has directly led to goals like the Norwich game but people chose to scapegoat the CBs constantly left exposed by him, he’s still highly unathletic/weak and very unsuited to the Prem but please continue to ignore his weaknesses

There were a number of fans who changed their opinions of him in the last couple of months of last season. 

Yes, he's lacking top level athletic ability and there will be times when players run past him like he's not there anf that will stop him from being a really great, world class player. But he's got real qualities and he's now consistently more positive with the ball (He was doing my tits in last year with his endless sideways and backwards passing) and breaking up play. 

Fine player now with a high level of consistency.

5 hours ago, Argo said:

Does that apply to Fernandinho and Rodri aswell? Both have a record of fouling to stop counters.

When you play in a highly demanding attacking system the risk of the counter is always there, stick prime Maka in this system and there be times he's stretched aswell.

Fernandinho was one of the best DMs in the world last season who had to make fouls due to playing in an extremely aggressive system which relied on “tactical” fouling, Jorginho also plays in an aggressive system but has to foul or else he won’t get near quicker/stronger players on the counter, which makes it weird when people say he’s improved because this system makes him look even worse than last season