Zeta

Jorginho is a Blue

On 21/10/2019 at 00:31, RJBOfficial said:

*Most of his bookings were due to his lack of athleticism to stop counterattacks, 4 bookings in 8 games isn’t normal

This is surely a windup? There is no such thing as being normal in terms of bookings. Players foul all the time, some are making up for mistakes and others trying to stop the opposition's momentum. You're making Jorginho out to be some sort of Aurier. 

Yeah, Jorginho's not the fastest or best passer but he makes solid contributions to the team's style of play and sets a good example for the youngsters. Lampard picks him for almost every game yet some random poser on an online forum thinks he's not good enough because he's slow and fouls a lot when Matic was slower yet gets the rub of the green from some refs.

13 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I wouldn’t say dismissed, I’d say aimed a bunch of foul language at the poster. 

BTW Yorkers; if you were ‘arguing’ with quite a large group of people and everyone last one of them disagreed with you, would you perhaps consider you may actually be wrong? Asking for a friend.

In fact don’t answer, you’re probably the wrong person to ask :laugh2:

You're right, Munky, no point asking me, I've never argued with another person in my life

Arsenal have been looking to play possession based football for a lot longer than we have and are always looking to play out from the back and have never looked convincing alternatively we have only recently started doing this mainly since Sarri took over last season and the difference between us and them is night and day. The main contributor to our successful adoption of the style is Jorginho, even when he is unable to receive the ball he is always communicating to everyone around him in order to create that movement into space.

It is clear he has his limitations defensively but I wouldn't say that his limitations outweigh the positives he brings to the team. With the exception of the opening game of the season we have never really looked consistently in trouble from open play even against the European champions. Our defensive problems arise from set pieces due to a system adopted by the management team and even that has been tweaked and we've looked a lot better in that area. 

20 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I wouldn’t say dismissed, I’d say aimed a bunch of foul language at the poster. 

BTW Yorkers; if you were ‘arguing’ with quite a large group of people and everyone last one of them disagreed with you, would you perhaps consider you may actually be wrong? Asking for a friend.

In fact don’t answer, you’re probably the wrong person to ask :laugh2:

@yorkleyblue is not an argumentative person, go debate about it with him if you disagree. 

1 hour ago, Barry Bridges said:

If you're in midfield and not picking up yellow cards from time to time..... may I suggest you're not playing/trying hard enough?

Its amazing how he was sagged of for not being strong enough in midfield to stop attacks, now he's been slagged of by the Everton fan for being too strong in midfield and stopping attacks with fouls 

Edited by dkw

23 minutes ago, dkw said:

Its amazing how he was sagged of for not being strong enough in midfield to stop attacks, now he's been slagged of by the Everton fan for being too strong in midfield and stopping attacks with fouls 

I'm trying to envisage Jorginho asking politely.

Most Ball Recoveries in the Premier League this season.
Jorginho - 84
Romeu - 79
Ndidi - 78
Hojbjerg - 77
D.Stephens - 77
Lerma - 74
Rodri - 74
Rice - 74
Westwood - 65
Doucouré - 65
Mind the gap.

Jorginho vs Newcastle:
Touches - 114
Successful Passes - 94
Pass success - 92%
Accurate Long Balls - 6/7
Chances created - 2
Key Passes - 1
Ariels won - 3/4
Tackles - 5
Interceptions - 1
Recoveries - 10

This is his mom:

She raised him and showed him football. 

NINTCHDBPICT000421576896.jpg?w=670

NINTCHDBPICT000421576925.jpg?w=670

Nice guy, hard working professional, example on the pitch and loved by all managers he worked for, Frankie loves him.

But then some troll comes here and starts lying how he plays bad. That could have worked last season since he was new and a scape goat, but he's now starting to be a favorite for many fans, you know real Chelsea fans.

In an interview with RaiTV during the International break, he confirmed he sees the next 4 years with Chelsea and dismissed suggestion that he might join up with his former Boss.

Playing alongside Verratti (and one other) in Mancini's different formations, its a joy to watch the current Azzurri squad, they're overflowing in midfield options, both in established players and young pretenders.

13 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Decent game again today. A couple of important interventions at the end when it waa 0-0. You can see he's one of players vocal on the pitch organising the team. Good to see. 

He was constantly getting the players to lift and keep up the effort in the press in the 2nd half, he's turning out to be an excellent leader.