Zeta

Jorginho is a Blue

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

I get that he hasn't been playing well but felt he could have helped out toothless team today. I don't know if it's just me but whenever he's absent the team lacks direction moving forward

Everything started with Jorginho before he was dropped. He, alongside Kovacic, was controlling the pace of our game. 

This is a real problem for Lampard now. Without Jorginho, we look slow and a bit unsure on how to approach things in attack. Without him, our defence is looking better protected (they still manage to f**k things up between themselves though)

I was really enjoying watching us with Jorginho in the team and the tempo we were playing at, but now, without him, we look like we did at our worst last season. I like that extra shield to help our defence too, every team needs that, and it's something I have been begging for all season, but it seems to have completely killed our attacking game. 

I'm not really sure what Lampard can do. Either way he has us playing has it's strengths and weaknesses with the players he has. 

8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It's clear that Kovacic has the main role in midfield now. Lets see if he can actually enable other players and win us games.

Of our last 5 league games, Jorginho has played in 2. We lost both. In the 3 games he hasn't played, we've won 2.

1 minute ago, Davey Baby said:

Of our last 5 league games, Jorginho has played in 2. We lost both. In the 3 games he hasn't played, we've won 2.

please leave this thread you broken record

12 minutes ago, mojo said:

please leave this thread you broken record

Nothing I said above was a repetition. It was claimed we don't win games with Kovacic and no Jorginho. I was just fact-checking. Go away and leave yourself if you don't like it.

Edited by Davey Baby

2 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

That's due to Frank changing his role in the squad after the international break, as I already covered, you didn't understand those things so that's not my fault. Kovacic is yet to win us games as the main man in midfield.

1 minute ago, Davey Baby said:

How was he the main man today, but not against Palace and Villa? Please allow my simple brain to understand.

He didn't win us the game there, every time he looked as the best player in the squad we never won a game yet. He only makes himself look good, while the team can't hold on.

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Need that Jorginho - Kovacic pivot back ASAP>. I'm sorry, but for me Kante gets dropped.

Agree, I think I actually preferred the Jorginho and Kovacic pivot, we were overwhelming teams with that midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

That tweet is bullsh*t. We were never in any real control either way. Bournemouth looked in control of the game and were creating chances before and after Jorginho was taken off.

What about this one?

On 14/12/2019 at 20:10, Brutos said:

Since Jorginho Kova partnership has been disrupted we have gone down hill and that's no coincidence

That's what I've been saying, I think Kante coming back has actually had a negative affect even though he personally hasn't done anything wrong or performed badly. 

14 hours ago, Scott said:

What really worries me is that Frank is playing him on reputation and not form.

Yup. Jose said on Sky, before he got the Tottenham job, that Frank needed to be more pragmatic when we played the big sides. At that point we were on our winning run. Next game, against City, Frank went more pragmatic, and put Kante in a 3 man midfield. Since that game we've lost 4 out of 5 in the Prem.

Edit: Meanwhile Jose got the Tottenham job and they've nearly caught us up. Don't ever listen to him Frank. He's the enemy.

Edited by Davey Baby

On 18/12/2019 at 14:03, Davey Baby said:

Yup. Jose said on Sky, before he got the Tottenham job, that Frank needed to be more pragmatic when we played the big sides. At that point we were on our winning run. Next game, against City, Frank went more pragmatic, and put Kante in a 3 man midfield. Since that game we've lost 4 out of 5 in the Prem.

It would be interesting if Frank does go pragmatic and either gets a point or all 3.