Jorginho is a Blue

Zeta

Ed8cU5TXgAI0zSL?format=jpg&name=large
When everything said and done, he wasn't a bad player for us at all. Rice is younger but I doubt that he will so immediately influential as Jorginho has been in the past 2 seasons, if we lacked creativity we won't find it in Rice at all, we will rely on Mount, Ziyech and Pulisic so not much will change in that aspect, Kovacic must start shooting more.

"He's sh*t he's to blame for all our defensive issues " [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

22 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Ed8cU5TXgAI0zSL?format=jpg&name=large

When everything said and done, he wasn't a bad player for us at all. Rice is younger but I doubt that he will so immediately influential as Jorginho has been in the past 2 seasons, if we lacked creativity we won't find it in Rice at all, we will rely on Mount, Ziyech and Pulisic so not much will change in that aspect, Kovacic must start shooting more.

It sucks that despite his good stats, opponents don't have to have a lot of opportunities to score on us. 

With our defence and Kepa, most teams need 2-3 chances to score. 

16 hours ago, just said:

Hopefully his last game for us today. All his limitations magnified in one game.

Hope Guardiola still wants to buy him. But I very, very much doubt it.

With all due respect this game wasn't even close to his worst. Not much he can do when nobody is making runs forward, nobody to pass to.

38 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

With all due respect this game wasn't even close to his worst. Not much he can do when nobody is making runs forward, nobody to pass to.

Can someone explain where the notion "others are at fault for him not palying good" comes from? 

Last season many people said over and over again that like you said the players "don't make the right runs for him", "the position of others are not good enough for him", "it takes time till our playes know how to move". 

Nobody said that ever about Fabregas, he always found someone and made progressive passes with Jorginho he recycles too much for me.

It's just the same excuses like last season. 

1 minute ago, Nevamind said:

Can someone explain where the notion "others are at fault for him not palying good" comes from? 

Last season many people said over and over again that like you said the players "don't make the right runs for him", "the position of others are not good enough for him", "it takes time till our playes know how to move". 

Nobody said that ever about Fabregas, he always found someone and made progressive passes with Jorginho he recycles too much for me.

It's just the same excuses like last season. 

What I said is not an excuse for Jorginho at all.  I didn't see any particular central midfielder dominating this game, it's pretty tight in the middle when both teams play 3-4-3 anyway.

Fact is, his pass forward led to our goal. He kept trying to pass forward, Mount made 1 run but was just short to get to the ball.

I don't see how this game against Arsenal showed his "limitations", did he concede a penalty or get 2 yellow cards? Fabregas is one of the best passers in PL history, but just like people point out that KDB wouldn't make many assists in our team, the same case can be made for Fabregas as well.

20 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not suited to how Lamps wants us to play. Hopefully we can work out a decent deal to allow him to leave.

Decent deal is 50m, his value is around that number which makes him our 4th most valuable player. Anything lower than that and we lost money on him.

But I don't understand how Lampard wants us to play in regards to him, Lampard doesn't want us to keep possession, to move without the ball like a unit, to play from the back at all...? Jorginho has made the most passes into the final third in the whole PL, if he isn't direct enough I think we should sell Kante as well and he's our most valuable player so if we sell both of them we should get over 120m, I mean we would suddenly be really thin in the central midfield but who cares anyway we just put Ampadu and Gilmour and develop them?

46 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Decent deal is 50m, his value is around that number which makes him our 4th most valuable player. Anything lower than that and we lost money on him.

But I don't understand how Lampard wants us to play in regards to him, Lampard doesn't want us to keep possession, to move without the ball like a unit, to play from the back at all...? Jorginho has made the most passes into the final third in the whole PL, if he isn't direct enough I think we should sell Kante as well and he's our most valuable player so if we sell both of them we should get over 120m, I mean we would suddenly be really thin in the central midfield but who cares anyway we just put Ampadu and Gilmour and develop them?

Would not be against cashing in on Kante too. Injuries and his consistent playing season after season before this one appear to be catching up to him.

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Would not be against cashing in on Kante too. Injuries and his consistent playing season after season before this one appear to be catching up to him.

With the money from Jorginho and Kante we could buy Oblak easy.

I think the deep lying playmaker role and Jorginho is less needed with Havertz, Ziyech, Werner and Pulisic in our attack. I rather see us play faster and more direct, with Havertz as our target man when we don't go wide. Kovacic/Mount & Kante in midfield to break up opositions counterattacks and start our own. 

Idk the stats but if Jorghino has the most passes into the final third could it mean the other two in the midfield three have less offensive stats in that regard or not? Would have to look into matches were Jorginho did not play and compare them. 

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Well, Sarri just got sacked, so I guess any chance of moving Jorginho on just went up in smoke until Sarri finds another job, hopefully at a club that can afford the fee !

Yes real blow that, Juve and Sarri were the best if only bet on getting shot of Jorginho, dunno who we can con now, must surely be another dumb manager who will buy him, best wait till another club gets hood winked into Sarri ball!!

On 02/08/2020 at 15:58, Gol15 said:

Yeah, yeah. Same old, same old. Everyone else's fault except the bloke who can't run, tackle, dribble, head the ball or score.

When Sarri goes to Southampton hopefully we might recoup something on Jorginho. It's where they both belong in the EPL.

Just now, just said:

Yeah, yeah. Same old, same old. Everyone else's fault except the bloke who can't run, tackle, dribble, head the ball or score.

When Sarri goes to Southampton hopefully we might recoup something on Jorginho. It's where they both belong in the EPL.

Pep wanted to buy him, he came here because of Sarri. There will be someone else that would be willing to buy him. For a player that can't run he did pretty good in 2 seasons as a key player when we finished 3rd and 4th lol

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Pep wanted to buy him, he came here because of Sarri. There will be someone else that would be willing to buy him. For a player that can't run he did pretty good in 2 seasons as a key player when we finished 3rd and 4th lol

I don't think I have seen such a limited footballer arrive with such a big reputation, have so many chances and deliver so little. Except Fernando Torres of course.

If he was George Smith from Barnsley, and delivered the exact same performances as he  he has I really don't think he would be getting the backing he does.

4 minutes ago, the special one said:

No tempo or control in midfield without Jorginho tonight. Unless we can replace with Bentancur or Thiago I'd be more than happy to see him here next season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bayern want him to replace Thiago next season.

It would surprise me. Any offer around the £10-15 mill mark, I would bite their hand off.

1 minute ago, just said:

I don't think I have seen such a limited footballer arrive with such a big reputation, have so many chances and deliver so little. Except Fernando Torres of course.

If he was George Smith from Barnsley, and delivered the exact same performances as he  he has I really don't think he would be getting the backing he does.

with all his limitations or whatever, he transformed the way we play last season and has become the vice captain under Lampard imagine that

Just now, Gol15 said:

with all his limitations or whatever, he transformed the way we play last season and has become the vice captain under Lampard imagine that

Imagine. Given that he is so talented an vitally important you would have thought Frank wouldn't have had him sitting on the bench so often.

Perhaps because Frank knows he ain't all that.