Jorginho is a Blue

2 hours ago, Remodez said:

I don't understand why people want him sold. At his very worse he's still a good squad player and gives you a different option. 

There's a reason Pep was interested and not surprised too see Areta is sniffing around too. Selling him any top 6 team is a bad idea, especially worse if we sell to either City or Arsenal as he will fit in very well under those systems.

Arsenal and City don't play similar systems, far from it. Arteta's looks like he's learned more from Moyes and McLeish than he has Pep.

Edited by Argo
4 hours ago, Argo said:

Arsenal and City don't play similar systems, far from it. Arteta's looks like he's learned more from Moyes and McLeish than he has Pep.

Well right now Arteta is experimenting, we will see how long that lasts, but last season say them play similar. I'm assuming he's looking go back to play more like that which is why they are looking at Joringho. 

3 hours ago, Remodez said:

Well right now Arteta is experimenting, we will see how long that lasts, but last season say them play similar. I'm assuming he's looking go back to play more like that which is why they are looking at Joringho. 

I think that's a fair point, especially considering Arteta hasn't even been there for a full year yet. To be honest I'd prefer it if we didn't sell to direct rivals full stop, it makes me uneasy.

Really hope there are legs in these rumours. I'd be happy to see him at Arsenal. I'd be ecstatic to see him at Tottenham!

A one-trick pony of a player with absolutely no physical attributes that make him suitable for the EPL.

On 25/09/2020 at 03:30, Remodez said:

Time will tell but he's been pretty defensive pretty much his entire time managing Arsenal (especially after taking the lead and in big games) and for some reason it's going unnoticed. They regularly go extended periods of time in a game without evenhaving a shot.

I'm not convinced Jorginho alone will make him do a sudden 180.

Arteta’s first year reminds me a lot of what Sarri did his year here. Get the basics correct first (passing out from the back, short distances between defense, midfield and attack and teach the players how to press properly) before playing the expansive football both of them aspire to play. 

13 hours ago, opinionsarelike said:

Arteta’s first year reminds me a lot of what Sarri did his year here. Get the basics correct first (passing out from the back, short distances between defense, midfield and attack and teach the players how to press properly) before playing the expansive football both of them aspire to play. 

I suspect Arsenal are developing some steel now...

But having said that watch while they bend over for Liverpool 

I think Jorginho is criminally underrated here - He is elite/world class at what he does, if we built our team around him he would be considered world class.

I think it would be a huge mistake to sell him to a rival, he can be a very good player in right system.

I’m totally against selling him, I think he’s a good option to have.

48 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I think Jorginho is criminally underrated here - He is elite/world class at what he does, if we built our team around him he would be considered world class.

I think it would be a huge mistake to sell him to a rival, he can be a very good player in right system.

I’m totally against selling him, I think he’s a good option to have.

What does he do, specifically?

I don't think he's as useless as some people do, but he's not good enough to build a team around. Sarri tried to do that and Jorginho was nowhere near world class.

2 hours ago, bluedave said:

I don't think he's as useless as some people do, but he's not good enough to build a team around. Sarri tried to do that and Jorginho was nowhere near world class.

He's a good deep-lying playmaker, you can't deny that. Now I can talk about what he has done for us but it all comes to the fact that 3 managers rate him (Sarri, Pep, Lampard) and that he's playing for the Italian national team which in itself speaks of his quality.

Sarri could chose to bring someone from Napoli that was the second best team in Serie A at the time and he chose Jorginho, not Hamsik not Insigne but Jorginho. He managed to have the most passes made in his first PL season... So he came to a new league and did exactly what he wants to do without much problems, we had 21 wins and 7 losses with Jorginho that first season in the 37 PL games that he played.

Without Jorginho, Sarri would never manage to finish 3rd in the league that year, you can count on that.

9 hours ago, bluedave said:

Actually i think the reason we signed Jorginho was for the very reason that Sarri had built a team around him. A team that we were all drooling about when we first got Sarri and believed the hype that Sarriball would actually work here