Jorginho is a Blue

17 minutes ago, Nibs said:

That's utter rubbish.

I've said Jorginho is a decent player and I praise him when he's had good games and he had some, but IMO, not enough. I'm not alone in recognising his limitations and feel that he is too weak for a number of our PL opponents. 

You just seem to go out of your way to make out that he is a much better player than he actually is by posting endless stats when most of us don't need that. We have all watched enough football to know when a player is contributing enough. As for Kante, I'm not his biggest fan. He has been brilliant, but again he has his limitations and appears to be in decline but just want to stick up for the guy when some seem keen to overlook just how good he has been for us. If you took a straw poll as to who has contributed more to Chelsea - Kante or Jorginho, there is only one winner. Mates of mine of rival clubs - they would all still take Kante in a heartbeat - none of them rave about Jorginho.  

You are pretty much in with those that think that our player that has been our standard player for 3 seasons doesn't fit in the PL at all, that alone makes you a bad judge of what others say about our players. By that alone I don't even care to see your comparison, you are with those that would kick out Jorginho and put Kante to play in his position, how interesting that none of you people got a job as a manager because it seems that according to you guys, you discovered something epic that Ranieri, Conte, Sarri couldn't discover! :good2:

His 'problem'  is definitely not his physique. There are many, many examples of fragile players having a huge success in Premier League. Actually they are probably larger number than the physical type. 

Jorginho's main problem is that he is just not delivering great passes constantly for his reputation. Sure people will find 10 clips with him for 3 years here but everyone can see he is not delivering it constantly. For a player of his caliber at the moment he turns he should be able to throw a 80-footers across the pitch without a hesitation. Instead he is passing the ball to the closest man. That;s what you would expect from Raul Meireles, Jorginho came here as a great playmaker as far as I remember. 

Edited by Droopy
17 minutes ago, Droopy said:

His 'problem'  is definitely not his physique. There are many, many examples of fragile players having a huge success in Premier League. Actually they are probably larger number than the physical type. 

Jorginho's main problem is that he is just not delivering great passes constantly for his reputation. Sure people will find 10 clips with him for 3 years here but everyone can see he is not delivering it constantly. For a player of his caliber at the moment he turns he should be able to throw a 80-footers across the pitch without a hesitation. Instead he is passing the ball to the closest man. That;s what you would expect from Raul Meireles, Jorginho came here as a great playmaker as far as I remember. 

I think his main job is to keeping things ticking over and moving the ball around quickly rather than those raking 60 yarders

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

You are pretty much in with those that think that our player that has been our standard player for 3 seasons doesn't fit in the PL at all, that alone makes you a bad judge of what others say about our players. By that alone I don't even care to see your comparison, you are with those that would kick out Jorginho and put Kante to play in his position, how interesting that none of you people got a job as a manager because it seems that according to you guys, you discovered something epic that Ranieri, Conte, Sarri couldn't discover! :good2:

I didn't say that Jorginho doesn't fit in at all in the PL - just a lot of games his "strengths" aren't suited to (and it seems Lamps agrees with this and leaves him out too).

Anyway, let me know when YOU get that Manager job and good luck with building your team around Jorginho!

7 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I didn't say that Jorginho doesn't fit in at all in the PL - just a lot of games his "strengths" aren't suited to (and it seems Lamps agrees with this and leaves him out too).

Anyway, let me know when YOU get that Manager job and good luck with building your team around Jorginho!

You passively agree with those who did say it out loud, your whole attitude here is like that... I never said that you said it but you never ever denied nor defended Jorginho.

Napoli and us already built the team around Jorginho so I'm in no need of that job, from my position there is no secret here, from your position Kante is played in the wrong way and Jorginho has no place here, at this point it's a bit obvious who has been on the right side of history :laugh2:

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You passively agree with those who did say it out loud, your whole attitude here is like that... I never said that you said it but you never ever denied nor defended Jorginho.

Napoli and us already built the team around Jorginho so I'm in no need of that job, from my position there is no secret here, from your position Kante is played in the wrong way and Jorginho has no place here, at this point it's a bit obvious who has been on the right side of history :laugh2:

So Chelsea have "built a team" around Jorginho?

Now that IS re-writing history :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

So Chelsea have "built a team" around Jorginho?

Now that IS re-writing history :laugh2:

Being at the right side of history implies that I have no need to re-write anything, there is no new discovery so your whole " let me know when YOU get that Manager job"  doesn't even work so you just laughed there at your self :smile:

Kante's footballing skill was massively disrespected here, some have confused his form with his actual skill as a footballer. Unfortunately his play style relies on pace so even half a yard off it puts him off, if he played as a holding midfielder right now he would likely win the ball a lot more from not having to track back as much. Hopefully he is dealing with fatigue and not actual decline.

Jorginho was pretty average for Sarri, he played much better for the start of last season then went back to being average again. I remember it was when Kante was injured and it seemed like Lamps had found the holy grail of midfield setups and I actually was thinking Kante coming back might ruin it. Lamps played Kante as soon as he got back, kept changing things up and we never really saw the best of Jorginho again, it was so brief that I can't even remember what he did that impressed me. 

13 hours ago, dkw said:

Dear f**king God please make it stop. Nibs just tell him what he wants to hear just to shut him up please, its beyond cringey now.

Must vow to not visit this thread again and just leave Gol15 to his little utopia although I don't expect there will be a great deal to post about looking at our upcoming fixtures and probable team selection.

So I'm Out................!!

Random but no one should ever compare him to Cesar again. He is a good footballer but not fit to lace Cesc’s boots; to be fair not many can.

Minutes/assist in a single PL season - Min 10 assists

111 Cesc CHE 2016-17

140 De Bruyne MC 2019-20

140 Giggs MU 2001-02

157 Pires ARS 2001-02

160 Bergkamp ARS 2004-05

160 De Bruyne MC 2016-17

161 Cesc CHE 2014-15 161

Ozil ARS 2015-16

162 Sane MC 2017-18

163 Bergkamp ARS 2001-02

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Must vow to not visit this thread again and just leave Gol15 to his little utopia although I don't expect there will be a great deal to post about looking at our upcoming fixtures and probable team selection.

freddie mercury GIF

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

There's always the Random Chat @Nibs. Do you have a pet? That's a huge bonus there. 

2 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

😂

If this was Jorginho you would have said "they never pressured him, it's a weak opponent bla bla"... Kante did the job well, but when Jorginho has been doing that same job for 2 seasons it didn't matter to the likes of you ungrateful fans.

Just now, Gol15 said:

If this was Jorginho you would have said "they never pressured him, it's a weak opponent bla bla"... Kante did the job well, but when Jorginho has been doing that same job for 2 seasons it didn't matter to the likes of you ungrateful fans.

Today you got an object lesson in how to shut out the opposition from a player you have previously said can't do the job. Kante recycled the ball well in very difficult conditions and wasn't bullied by a physical team. 

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You said Kante has never played that position, making it seem like you think he would struggle. You always go on about how great Jorginho is and Kante made it look easy.

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

Today you got an object lesson in how to shut out the opposition from a player you have previously said can't do the job. Kante recycled the ball well in very difficult conditions and wasn't bullied by a physical team. 

1 minute ago, jack_super_class said:

You said Kante has never played that position, making it seem like you think he would struggle. You always go on about how great Jorginho is and Kante made it look easy.

Not necessarily, Kante got given this role on the restart last season in the first 3 games and he struggled big time in that position. 

Today we had an overload of attackers that were too much for Burnley. One game doesn't prove anyone right/wrong. Kante plays bad next game then what? Does Gol15 come in here and start laughing at you both because you were wrong? This this creates fickle behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, charierre said:

But when Jorginho does it it doesn't matter he simply doesn't fit for the PL right? Double standards.