Sign in to follow this  
dansubrosa

Milinkovic Savic

33 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Big rumours going around he's our main target when we can sign again. Really not sure why.

Not sure either tbh, we're already stacked in midfield. CF and a left sided centre half are the positions we should be looking to strengthen imho.

Would be such a pointless signing. We are so stacked in midfield already. Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, RLC, Mount, Barkley.. Let alone the players we have out on loan like Bakayoko and Drinkwater. Van Ginkel as well..

The only case I see where we end up signing Savic is we were to offload a bunch of these players. There are always rumours of Kante leaving as well, either to Madrid or Juventus atm and if he goes then id be okay with us signing Savic.

Leaves us with: Jorginho, Kovacic, Savic, RLC, Mount and offload/sell Barkley, Baka, Stan, Van Ginkel, Kante

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Big rumours going around he's our main target when we can sign again. Really not sure why.

That’s interesting - who is reporting it?

Prior to this season, even as early as this past summer, I was a big advocate that we should sign him.  However, that was before we knew what Mount was, before knew how much Kovacic would transform, before we knew how well Jorginho would play.

I’d still take him over Barkley, and perhaps that’s the idea (but for the price Sergej would cost, you’d assume he would have a bigger role than Barkley), however, if RLC stays healthy, then we are pretty well sorted in midfield for quite a while between Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, RLC, and potentially Gilmour & Anjorin coming through.

9 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

That’s interesting - who is reporting it?

Prior to this season, even as early as this past summer, I was a big advocate that we should sign him.  However, that was before we knew what Mount was, before knew how much Kovacic would transform, before we knew how well Jorginho would play.

I’d still take him over Barkley, and perhaps that’s the idea (but for the price Sergej would cost, you’d assume he would have a bigger role than Barkley), however, if RLC stays healthy, then we are pretty well sorted in midfield for quite a while between Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, RLC, and potentially Gilmour & Anjorin coming through.

Think The Mirror are the main ones reporting it, so massive pinch of salt. 

Not really sure why but Marina's been steadily hitting them out of the park for us. Pulisic, Kova, Emerson have been real gems for us.

He can play the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1 and the number 8 in a 4-3-3, imo he's much better than Mount and we dont know how Ruben is gonna be when he comes back this season and Kanté has been often injured these past couple of months. I wouldnt be against the transfer but i think we should be looking at other positions first and Lazio are doing well this season so i dont see them dropping the price tag.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

19 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

He can play the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1 and the number 8 in a 4-3-3, imo he's much better than Mount and we dont know how Ruben is gonna be when he comes back this season and Kanté has been often injured these past couple of months. I wouldnt be against the transfer but i think we should be looking at other positions first and Lazio are doing well this season so i dont see them dropping the price tag.

70m is frankly just too steep tbh, we need to stay away from these kind of signings.

5 minutes ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

70m is frankly just too steep tbh, we need to stay away from these kind of signings.

Well to compete with City/Liverpool we need signing like this but the thing is we have a very similar player in RLC, the thing is we dont know how well he's gonna we recover from the injury.

i'd rather we spend the 70 on a Chilwell , Werner or a center back.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

3 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Well to compete with City/Liverpool we need signing like this but the thing is we have a very similar player in RLC, the thing is we dont know how well he's gonna we recover from the injury.

i'd rather we spend the 70 on a Chilwell , Werner or a center back.

I just dont want us falling into the trap of spending big on a player who we're not even sure can perform at the highest level. I mean you dont need to look that far into the past to see how awful some of these signings have been, and us dropping 70m just seems like too much.

CM isnt even somewhere we need to strengthen anyway, like you said there are definitely other priority positions. I would say our first concern should be a world class CB, and next a world class winger like Sancho perhaps. Striker next, though Im happy with how Tammy is performing at the moment.

1 hour ago, Deino said:

Not really sure why but Marina's been steadily hitting them out of the park for us. Pulisic, Kova, Emerson have been real gems for us.

Emenalo??:blush2:  :WavE:

Edited by the special one

I really like sms, and if frank really wants him then great. 

I do think we are really sorted in that position though, even if we moved on barkley, and pedro, and used mount more on the wings, it would still be a stacked centre midfield.

jorginho, kante, kovacic, RLC, milinkovic-savic, 

willian, pulisic, CHO, mount. 

With sancho to replace willian in the summer. 

Absolutely stacked midfield, and wide players. 

Really don’t see the need for him anymore.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Kovacic is just as good. If he keeps this up for rest of the year then there’s absolutely no need for us to sign that player.

We’re already stacked with what we have now, and there’s Loftus Cheek coming back. Who knows how good Gilmour could be in few years time.

I hope we leave it.

Just watching his YouTube videos (I know, I know) and he seems to be very similar to Jorginho and Kovacic in regards to his close control and ability to dribble the ball out of tight spaces. He also has a good range of passing too.

I just don't see the point in buying another CM as that's a position in which we are already stacked! Although, I'd still be happy with him being at the club.

4 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

I’d rather sign Havertz who is younger, left footed and can also play on the right of a front 3.

Bayern-bound. I doubt we even have a shot.

4 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

I’d rather sign Havertz who is younger, left footed and can also play on the right of a front 3.

Worth a try imo, hes world class already.

Imagine getting him and Sancho with CHO and Tammy already here? Sorted for the next 10 years

I feel with the academy kids proving their selves with Frank, we should be even more pragmatic and identify one or two players that can improve the squad overall and go after those players. I think of someone like Sancho as just an example. I feel like the middle of the pitch is not where we need to reinforce ourselves as of yet. I think LB is a position that needs to be examined and also an additional winger to push Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi. I don't think Milinkovic-Savic