7 hours ago, Michael said:

Played for Chelsea is a subjective term.  Kezman had us all fooled, I was more excited about signing him than Drogba.  Ooops.

Yeah because he was a proven goalscorer when he came to Chelsea. If he was given more time he would have done better in PL. 

On 24/07/2020 at 15:09, big blue said:

The dutch league was his level, not a bad player, but he struggled in england and spain. 

Sadly we were not to know that. The Dutch league was producing genuine stars back then like Ibra, RVP and Ruud, Kezman was producing those kind of goal scoring tallys. He looked class over there just like those guys did and was doing it in Europe too. 

He didn't suit English football and far bigger names have been the same like Shevchenko and com

Edited by Chelsbear
21 hours ago, driller97 said:

I wouldnt even mind that. If Sancho is the only signing they make, I hope he flops massively.

Would also massively hinder Greenwood as well who they seem to love so much

Rashford Greenwood sancho looks pretty good to me. Then again, so does pulisic Werner ziyech

11 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Rashford Greenwood sancho looks pretty good to me. Then again, so does pulisic Werner ziyech

But I thought their fans were hammerin on about Martial and how good he is?

Either way, one of Rashford, Greenwood and Martial looks to be getting sacrificed for Sancho, and given Greenwood being so young and just breaking through it'll probably be him.

Pulisic-Werner-Ziyech looks unreal, but 2 of the 3 have never played in the prem yet so its too early to tell for sure, but on paper it does look incredible.

• 6 months later...

He would still be a great player for us, maybe the perfect box-to-box all around player that we could sign in general. Has the technique, has the height, can score from distance and can assist and make a run... He would be really good with the rest of our team specially if we are to continue playing with the 3 at the back as that's how Lazio plays.

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2021 at 10:49, Gol15 said:

He would still be a great player for us, maybe the perfect box-to-box all around player that we could sign in general. Has the technique, has the height, can score from distance and can assist and make a run... He would be really good with the rest of our team specially if we are to continue playing with the 3 at the back as that's how Lazio plays.

His passing range would be great, but although lazio play with a back 3, the midfield setup is more of a 3 man midfield, with SMS given the most license to get forward out of the 3. I really like him, but I dont think he would work too well in a 2 with any of tbe other midfielders we have. Maybe Jorgingo would be the best fit, as he sits deep, but that duo would lack pace imo.

29 minutes ago, big blue said:

His passing range would be great, but although lazio play with a back 3, the midfield setup is more of a 3 man midfield, with SMS given the most license to get forward out of the 3. I really like him, but I dont think he would work too well in a 2 with any of tbe other midfielders we have. Maybe Jorgingo would be the best fit, as he sits deep, but that duo would lack pace imo.

I think him and Mount would be crazy good together but you're right we would still need someone that sits more deep. Basically a new "Matic" type of a player which is a bit different from Jorginho.

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think him and Mount would be crazy good together but you're right we would still need someone that sits more deep. Basically a new "Matic" type of a player which is a bit different from Jorginho.

Yeah that would be great, I think a traditional DM would give us some options. Watching Casemiro against Liverpool the other night, that is the sort of player we need, to allow us to play a back 4 imo.

I can't help but feel like he would be yet another failure when it comes to players playing most of their career in Italy before joining the Premier League. There are only a handful of players who have played a lot of their career in Serie A and then came to the Premier League and done well.

Definitely a talent, but my gut feeling (v prone to being wrong of course) is he wouldn’t be a good fit for us, and note this is against my ex-yugo bias (I should want him based on that). Lacks consistency and there are some question marks around his attitude and work rate. The fact he has Kezman as his agent is a bit of a red flag for me. There was a bit of a saga around him at the World Cup, which, though not really his fault, just left me somewhat sceptical. My view is also shaped by the fact  that I’m definitely at the more optimistic end of the spectrum vis-a-vis our current squad. Bar maybe a striker, we don’t need any banner signings for the time being.

On 08/04/2021 at 20:04, Scott Harris said:

I can't help but feel like he would be yet another failure when it comes to players playing most of their career in Italy before joining the Premier League. There are only a handful of players who have played a lot of their career in Serie A and then came to the Premier League and done well.

Those handful of players are mainly our players? Vialli, Cudicini, Zola, DiMatteo... I think Balotelli was decent for Man City but just had a head problem. But I guess I forgot about Shevchenko, Crespo and so on... IMO it just differs from player to player individually, can't really generalize, Jorginho in his first PL season had no problems to transform the way we played.

If we signed Sergej he would be at his prime considering that he's 26 right now, he's on 7 goals and 10 assists this season so far, just scored a winning goal for Lazio to keep them in the CL race.