Old Shaggy

Where will we finish this coming season? And what will be your top 6?

Where will we finish this season (Honest opinion)   

147 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish this coming season.

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th of below

1. City - No explanation necessary, good manager, good 11, good depth

2. Pool - Strengthened exactly where they needed to. GK, CM 

3. Chels - Confident that we can do well with our promising style of play and large squad. Keeping our best players will be key. Finish in the top 4, win the Europa League and a Domestic Cup and I'll be happy.

4. Arse - They'll go under the radar and nick 3rd/4th I reckon. New manager mentality and solid signings.

5. Spurs - Largely inactive in the transfer window, they are one injury to Harry Kane away from struggling

6. Utd - Mourinho meltdown

City

liverpool

spurs 

chelsea 

utd 

arsenal

City are so good and have such a good squad they will run away with it again

Liverpool to run city closest but still be off the pace to win it

Spurs and us to fight it out for third. If we had signed i good forward I would have put us third but as I think he will struggle for goals if he persists with Morata I have gone spurs 3rd us 4th

Utd 5th as his pre-Season antics remind me of the year it all fell apart at chelsea. His irrational behaviour and picking fights with players feels like a carbon copy

Arsenal still 6th but closer to the pack than last year 

After a bit of thought i think Spurs could struggle. Not really refreshed their squad in a while and their core players coming back late (Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Alli (also injured), Kane, Trippier, Rose, Dier)

1) City

2) Liverpool 

3) Chelsea 

4) Arsenal

5) Spurs

6) Everton 

8 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

After a bit of thought i think Spurs could struggle. Not really refreshed their squad in a while and their core players coming back late (Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Alli (also injured), Kane, Trippier, Rose, Dier)

1) City

2) Liverpool 

3) Chelsea 

4) Arsenal

5) Spurs

6) Everton 

Agree on Spurs, can't make up mind on the top 2, no team recently has done consecutive seasons and Pool have strengthened.

At least the saving grace is that Spuds haven't signed anyone of note, which has clearly irked Pochhetino, and Mourinho is, well, clueless Mourinho, in his third season. 

Unless something dramatic happens in the market in the next eight days, I don't see how United and Tottenham will better last season's performances. At least two other top managers/fans look more distraught with the transfer window than ours/us. 

11 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

1) City

2) Liverpool 

3) Chelsea 

4) Arsenal

5) Spurs

6) Everton 

United out of the top 6 huh? Very interesting. Mourinho this season will be very interesting to follow since it is his 3rd season there and we know better than anyone how Mourinho's 3rd seasons tend to pan out

Can't see anyone but city winning it, think it will be by a big margin again.

Liverpool will push them, but they don't have the title winning experience in their squad.

Spurs are pretty much a shoe-in for 3rd, they're in that "good but not good enough" state.

The rest is pretty much a guess. I wen for Chelsea 4th, but only because I want us to finish top 4. Arsenal could be great or still sh*t. Man utd could surprise everyone or be a shambles with Jose imploding.

Who knows. Maybe Burnley will win it.

12 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

United out of the top 6 huh? Very interesting. Mourinho this season will be very interesting to follow since it is his 3rd season there and we know better than anyone how Mourinho's 3rd seasons tend to pan out

I think it depends on how long Utd stick with Mourinho. If they get rid of him early they could salvage the season and make top 6, if not i could see a similar season as us in 2015.

On 03/08/2018 at 16:57, RIP Mourinho said:

Good points plus I think they will struggle at the new ground this side of Xmas ...

On 04/08/2018 at 09:06, RIP Mourinho said:

I think it depends on how long Utd stick with Mourinho. If they get rid of him early they could salvage the season and make top 6, if not i could see a similar season as us in 2015.

How times change. Only seems like yesterday he was the most in demand manager in the world. He exuded confidence.

A shadow of his former self.

My footballing side of me can’t  see past city nor it seems can anyone else, and I suspect their own players and indeed supporters that’s why my cunning side  doesn’t think they wil come first. 

Liverpool .On paper have  improved massively but let’s not forget that Salah had a freak season will he score 30+ goals again next season?

Utd. For me it all revolves around JM if he gets his head in the right place then they still have a fabulous squad.

Spurs. None of us knows what went on behind closed doors but I have never ever heard of a manager not wanting to add to their squad. Poch does well in front of the cameras but he won’t be happy and whilst Kane like Salah had great seasons their squad isn’t great in depth and I don’t buy all this that about young players or indeed the starting 11 being as good as anyone’s.

Erickson is far more important to them than anyone. Like Kane if Erickson gets an injury of note the whole balance of their team is jeopardised. Spurs supporters will tell you they did fine over the past 2 seasons when Kane got injured but the facts actually don’t back that up. Last season he missed one game and in season 2016/7 he missed 7 I think they drew 4 of those 7 games winning a couple and I think from memory they drew one

Arsenal. New manager should make a difference but it’s possible, just like us the new manager won’t deliver even to the standards of the ex

Will Cech be their number one? Sending Chambers on loan is strange ,losing Koscielny will be an issue. Their likely back four wil be a major issue for them.They have added a bit of steel to their midfield but will that compromise the fluidity they played with under Wenger. Up front PEA is a nuisance and wil score but I can’t see how they can realistically fit him and Lacazette into the same team without asking one to play wide. 

Us. Sometimes you can be so close to something to see what others see. That said I can’t quite work  out who the front three will be but  if Hazard and Willian are two of that number they should have a field day the question is will he go with Morata/ Giroud .

So for me

City or Liverpool

Liverpool or City

Man Utd

Us/ Spurs

Spurs/ Us

Arsenal

Edited by terraloon

I'll be the optimist - we could win it.....................................but it depends how quickly we can get out of the blocks and our home form.  City and Liverpool I expect to be fast and furious from the start and could be way ahead of the chasing pack by the end of November; we need to hang on and be within touching distance as we know historically all teams take a dip in form at some point during the season; and we cannot drop points against low to mid table teams as we did last season.  Even below the big 6 there are teams, including those promoted, that have strengthened  making it even more difficult to take points than the previous years.

Ask the same question at the end of the Christmas fixtures....I might have changed my mind and my meds.

Looking at the MU Leicester match last night I'm predicting a tough season for everyone. No easy matches, defences have improved and goals will be hard to come by. MU maybe deserved to win but flattered by the scoreline.

Having said that, my powers of prediction, especially when dealing with the future, doesn't have a great success rate!