Christian Pulisic

He's been linked with Chelsea in the past, he'd be a terrific long term target for a right side attacker. If the price is £65M, he may sell that in the US alone in Jerseys

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-pulisic-talks-chelsea-over-13001629

One of the things I like best about him, is the US media has stopped trying to force feed the next big thing in Football, and Pulisic has quietly become the best field player the states has ever produced (not a long list, I know). 

My friends ask me who he compares to, and a year ago, I said his ceiling would be Eden Hazard. Obviously that's best case, but Pulisic's strength is taking on defenders 1v1. He just walks by them, and he's similar in stature to Hazard (no where near as strong yet).

I watched every Dortmund game that he started last year, and every game Michy played in. I'd love to have him playing under Sarri.

09807E81-43A7-440C-B55D-8ADE6FB4F18A.jpeg

This one is currently looking more likely to come in than any of the others we are linked with. So may time to start looking at the bright side? :)

He's done two full seasons in the first team of a pretty big club - presumably on merit - and he isn't even 20 yet. They must have seen something that doesn't easily translate into youtube highlights. So achieved a lot for his age, still young enough to develop and get better - sounds pretty good to me.

Just for a bit of a tongue in cheek slightly silly comparison - Hazard's stats looked very similar at the same stage of his career.

Unless a terrible injury or Jose returns, this deal can't go wrong for the club and him. He's already a good player, will get better playing with the likes of Hazard, Cesc,Jorginho, under a manager who likes to play attacking football. He has a couple of good years and price tag will double, even if he takes time to adapt we have a 22-23 year old great player. I'd throw Batshuyai in just to get this deal done

Being American I can say the hype train for him has been going full steam for the last few years. They put a lot on him with the USMNT to get us to the World Cup being our “golden child”. I’ve never seen him play but I’d be happy to see him come to Chelsea. He’d actually play on the team for more than a few games unlike Miazga. 

7 minutes ago, enigma said:

and don't see what he'll offer that Willian or Pedro wouldn't tbh. 

10 years. That's what he could offer that the others wouldn't. 

I'd be pretty happy going into the season with Pulisic/Willian or Pulisic/Pedro with the combination of youth/experience/talent

That said, I think this only happens with Willian money. 

https://youtu.be/a-d5NryHCtY

I'm not sure on him yet.

3 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

10 years. That's what he could offer that the others wouldn't. 

I'd be pretty happy going into the season with Pulisic/Willian or Pulisic/Pedro with the combination of youth/experience/talent

That said, I think this only happens with Willian money. 

https://youtu.be/a-d5NryHCtY

But there is no guarantee he would be here for 10 years or if he will progress enough to score consistently or create enough goals. Honestly, if we are ok with spending that kind of money, i would rather we spent it on Bailey. He's a similar age and he creates and scores more.

We need goals in this team now, not wait 2 or 3 years for a player to develop more (which may not even happen) 

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not sure on him yet.

But there is no guarantee he would be here for 10 years or if he will progress enough to score consistently or create enough goals. Honestly, if we are ok with spending that kind of money, i would rather we spent it on Bailey. He's a similar age and he creates and scores more.

We need goals in this team now, not wait 2 or 3 years for a player to develop more (which may not even happen) 

but with Pulisic The Club can create more revenue with selling of jerseys & merchandise - sorry bro Chelsea is in the business of making money too - another plus to this transfer is that Chelsea can get over lolpool in this transfer as well - ask any dirty red scouser what they think of Pulisic?

You know Kloop is the gaffer that brought Pulisic up to the first team at BVB.

Edited by robdog

With the US market his transfer will generate a lot of income and talents that can unlock defences don't come cheap. There was a lot of chatter about why would City sign Sane and what a waste it was. Turns out that sometimes a highly thought of tallent can be worth a punt. Germany is a pretty similar level of physicality to the EPL too so it's not like he's coming from the Netherlands or Italy where you can't be sure if they can hack it.

Personally I'd be pretty excited by this and it's a statement signing to be sure.

Still don't know why we aren't looking at Fekir as a Fabregas replacement though...

I’ve seen Pulisic several times when watching Dortmund and personally I don’t think he stood out. I couldn’t see what the hype was. Two seasons ago when I watched Dortmund dembele stood out like a searchlight and I’d never heard of him. We can and must do better than Pulisic. 

2 hours ago, robdog said:

but with Pulisic The Club can create more revenue with selling of jerseys & merchandise - sorry bro Chelsea is in the business of making money too - another plus to this transfer is that Chelsea can get over lolpool in this transfer as well - ask any dirty red scouser what they think of Pulisic.

Fans have become too obsessed with money these days, they seem to care more about that than the actual results.

We don't get much through one player on shirt sales anyway, our money made from shirt sales comes from the deal we made with Nike. It's Nike that are taking the money from those shirt sales, we are getting a small percentage of it. Most Chelsea fans are going to buy Hazard shirts anyway, not Pulisic shirts, so it doesn't even matter. 

We would make more money signing a player that is actually going to be make us more competitive and keep us winning than we would on shirt sales.

24 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

With the US market his transfer will generate a lot of income and talents that can unlock defences don't come cheap. There was a lot of chatter about why would City sign Sane and what a waste it was. Turns out that sometimes a highly thought of tallent can be worth a punt. Germany is a pretty similar level of physicality to the EPL too so it's not like he's coming from the Netherlands or Italy where you can't be sure if they can hack it.

Personally I'd be pretty excited by this and it's a statement signing to be sure.

Still don't know why we aren't looking at Fekir as a Fabregas replacement though...

to answer your question about Fabregas replacement, IMHO Barkley is that guy

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Fans have become too obsessed with money these days, they seem to care more about that than the actual results.

We don't get much through one player on shirt sales anyway, our money made from shirt sales comes from the deal we made with Nike. It's Nike that are taking the money from those shirt sales, we are getting a small percentage of it. Most Chelsea fans are going to buy Hazard shirts anyway, not Pulisic shirts, so it doesn't even matter. 

We would make more money signing a player that is actually going to be make us more competitive and keep us winning than we would on shirt sales.

Money doesn't come from shirt sales, that is correct. 

But the US is an rapidly growing market in football (or soccer) and since Chelsea is more and more run as an organization I would really understand the move. Also, Pulisic has a contract with Nike, and as Nike is an American company I could see that Pulisic + Chelsea + Nike could be a partnership that will be pushed in the US.

That could grow Chelsea's fan base enormously because this is a rather unspoiled marketing area. In addition, he seems to have quality! However comparing him to Hazard at this moment is unfair, he's nowhere near him at this moment.

What message does this send to all of our youngsters that are developing, some of which are already arguably better, and still not getting a chance, having to go out on loan. This would surely be the end of RLC at the club. Regardless of positons being played if it were me I would see that as a snub to the loyalty that I have shown to the club.

In all honestly, we would probably buy this lad and loan back out anyway, so he would probably never play for our first team.

If we are going to spend this sort of money surely we can use this towards getting somebody that will have more of a direct impact on the first team, now.

10 hours ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

Doesn't Fekir have a dodgy knee?.