Wilfred Zaha

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

He is at his level, @mclovin83 - He's been tried at a top team and found severely wanting, both in ability and attitude.

The sort of money being bandied around at the moment is just computer game nonsense.  I'd rather have Kalou back, at least he turned up  every match,  even if he wasn't that great.

Has he been tried at a top club though? Four appearances at United as a 20 year old? 

I will be honest, I like what I have seen from him. I am not saying I have studied him in detail (clearly, as 15 minutes ago I thought he played on the right), but he always seems capable of making things happen when he's on the ball. 

That doesn't mean to say that he would be a success with us; SWP was an equally exciting player before he came to us and then looked like he lacked the talent to dine at the top table. 

I think he would cost too much anyway though, and if he can't play on the right I really don't see how he would add to our current squad. 

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Don't think SWP is a good comparison as he lacked genuine pace and could not knock anyone off the ball.  He was good with running with the ball but got found out at Chelsea.

SWP lacked pace??

I would have said that was probably his main attribute?! 

1 hour ago, chef said:

The offer was £30m plus Drinkwater.

Palace have signed Kouyate and Max Meyer, I'm not sure they'd want another centre mid when they already have Milivojevic and McArthur.

If it's a player + cash deal I think Palace would want RLC (which I wouldn't actually be against).

Edited by the special one

22 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

Has he been tried at a top club though? Four appearances at United as a 20 year old? 

.............................................some other stuff.............................................

I wasn't aware of the exact number,  but I knew he hadn't done that well.    As with all  of these things, there is a reason why he only got four appearances.  Make of it what you will, but I don't want to be hearing any "waaaa,  waaa, waaa, it's not fair, he wasn't treated fairly, he didn't have a chance"

26 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Cho is far superior to Moses as a winger.

I think moses' time at the club is short, not convinced he can adapt to a role other than wingback.

Agreed, Moses was a good wing back but I can’t see him turning in to a RB & Moses isn’t a good enough winger to see much game time for us.

I could certainly see Moses as a right back. I think he is better than Zappa both going forward and defensively if a fraction less pacy. However this is not a Moses thread. 

Zaha plays well on the right from what I’ve seen and is better than Pedro is these days for sure. And better than Willian, so for me he would lift the standard over last season. 

So so it’s a shame the bookies have made spurs favorite to get him. 

We only seem to be interested in players from Italy anyway. 

If Chelsea have got £30m+ to waste on players that would ultimately fail here because they are inferior to the players we already have, I suggest that we allow the Courtois sale to go through and then add this £30m to it so that we can get a marquee goalkeeper in as a replacement.

Mind you I doubt any keeper we would get could be quite as effective at diving as Zaha.

Edited by WhiteWall
Additiiton

17 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I wasn't aware of the exact number,  but I knew he hadn't done that well.    As with all  of these things, there is a reason why he only got four appearances.  Make of it what you will, but I don't want to be hearing any "waaaa,  waaa, waaa, it's not fair, he wasn't treated fairly, he didn't have a chance"

You could apply that logic to many players though;

De Bruyne at Chelsea. Lukaku at Chelsea. Pogba at United. 

Sometimes players don't get the chances. Sometimes players vastly improve. 

The jury is still out for me on Zaha, but when it comes to any potential transfer, his four appearances at United when he was 19-20 years old would have little effect on my judgement on it. 

1 minute ago, ozboy said:

Yorky blue also thinks we did the right thing selling salah and de Bruyne so his view on this doesn’t greatly persuade me. 

I am sure YB can speak for himself but I think comments should be read in context. People do seem to forget that Salah was extremely lightweight here and didn't even achieve these current heights when he initially left. he clearly has hit a purple patch.

KDB's issue, if I remember rightly had little to do with his footballing ability, but more a falling out with JM over his apparent attitude in and around training.

It's too esay (& lazy) to say "he failed at Man Utd and now he's found his level". He was only 21 at the time and wrong move, wrong time, wrong club.

I personally don't want us to sign him as long as we keep Hazard as I want to see Hudson-Odoi get game time and don't want to see him slip down the pecking order and yet another youth player get frustrated and development hindered. But IF we were to lose any two out of Hazard, Willian & Pedro, then yes, I would take him as he is one of the best options out there.

Edited by Nibs

4 minutes ago, coco said:

If that's the case, why are Barca, RM, and manu reportedly after Willian, and not a cheaper, available, and younger Zaha ?

Because like us, they wrongly think Brazilian = Brilliant!